Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good game Middle.
Bookmark and Share
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Good game Middle.
You guys have a heck of a team this year Raiders. You brought a nice crowd. Atmosphere was phenomenal. Enjoy the ride. Should be a good one for you.
03-02-2013 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
RE: Good game Middle.
(03-02-2013 09:23 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  You guys have a heck of a team this year Raiders. You brought a nice crowd. Atmosphere was phenomenal. Enjoy the ride. Should be a good one for you.

if by nice crowd you mean ~300 then good.

i counted.

has nothing to do with their team. they should be in the tourney now. if they're not they got jobbed. the belmont beatdown will hurt them. their record and he way they been rolling folks should have them in regardless of what happens in hot springs.

their outside shooting is suspect but they go to the boards hard and that's what won the game late. well....that and hitting 18-19 free throws.
03-02-2013 09:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

PS make sure you guys schedule us next year. Thanks.
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(03-02-2013 09:23 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  You guys have a heck of a team this year Raiders. You brought a nice crowd. Atmosphere was phenomenal. Enjoy the ride. Should be a good one for you.

Thanks.

One of the radio crew said after the game "nothing is sweeter than a hard fought victory over a hated rival, and nothing stings like a hard fought loss to a hated rival"

MT basketball fans have known more of the latter than the former over the years but it is nice to know more of the former in recent years. Never easy to win in Diddle. I guess that's why its not done more often.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(03-02-2013 09:36 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

i counted.

Well good thing. Head off the inflated estimates that they usually post.

Quote:their outside shooting is suspect but they go to the boards hard and that's what won the game late. well....that and hitting 18-19 free throws.

??? They are the best three point shooting team in the Sun Belt?
03-02-2013 09:39 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(03-02-2013 09:39 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 09:36 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

i counted.

Well good thing. Head off the inflated estimates that they usually post.

Quote:their outside shooting is suspect but they go to the boards hard and that's what won the game late. well....that and hitting 18-19 free throws.

??? They are the best three point shooting team in the Sun Belt?

they had ~100 in their student section and ~200 in the corner where all visitors sit.

i thought we did a decent job not letting cintron go buck wild on us. they're a tough out because they play very good dee. i thought we played as well as we can.

i had said we'd go as far as our senior point god took us today. crook reminds me of kawaun jakes basketball twin. he folded at the end.

kudos to him for improving but i'm ready for chd to take the reigns next year.
03-02-2013 09:50 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Yep I equal Crook to Jakes...I hope its not a be careful what you are wishing for (but do not think so for both sports next season)....Main reason I was not making excuses with Crook out, I thought we would play not too horrible without him..Crook had a nice season but he can disappear as easily as show up...YOu could not expect much more from a walk on though..SO I congratulate him for maximizing his 4 seasons and giving it all...MTSU fans already posting on other threads about the 1k fans they had in Diddle tonight, so you may want to call them out...
03-02-2013 09:58 PM
redfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: all
Congrats MTSU You deserve to be in the NCAA even if you should lose in the tourney. Nice team. Toppers showing improvement, good effort. I see some special times coming soon.
03-02-2013 10:00 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
I also counted roughly and I guessed about 400-500 Middle fans. Very good showing for them. When they had their coordinated chant of M T S U, it was fairly loud for 400-500 fans. Almost as loud as their U S A chant in the final few seconds. Not sure why they were rooting for the University of South Alabama though. 04-cheers
03-02-2013 10:08 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(03-02-2013 09:58 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Yep I equal Crook to Jakes...I hope its not a be careful what you are wishing for (but do not think so for both sports next season)....Main reason I was not making excuses with Crook out, I thought we would play not too horrible without him..Crook had a nice season but he can disappear as easily as show up...YOu could not expect much more from a walk on though..SO I congratulate him for maximizing his 4 seasons and giving it all...MTSU fans already posting on other threads about the 1k fans they had in Diddle tonight, so you may want to call them out...

oh well.....i thought they brought a decent group but i did count some rows and did some math and around 300 is what i came up with. unless they had 700 in singles sprinkled throughout no way 1k.

not important. crook made some plays today but he really stung us at times as well.

he maximized what he had much like kawaun. we were much better as a team with him than without him this year but like i'm pleased the jakes era is over i'm just as pleased to see the crook era end.
03-02-2013 10:08 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(03-02-2013 10:08 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  i'm pleased the jakes era is over i'm just as pleased to see the crook era end.

+1
03-02-2013 10:10 PM
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Great game MT. I sincerely thought you'd win by 25-30. Was very surprised it was a tied game with a minute and half to go. Scoring the last eight points is totally attributed to your 7 senior-led team. That's why you should win the SBC Tourney. You have a very solid team led almost exclusively by upperclassmen with vast experience and maturity. WKU only had one senior on the team tonight.....well, OK...our walkon Senior doesn't count.

Your crowd of 400+ was very united and generally respectful...except for the guy who sat a couple rows behind me. My 10 year old kept asking me what the middle finger meant but hey, we all have those fans.
03-02-2013 10:23 PM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
(03-02-2013 10:23 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Your crowd of 400+ was very united and generally respectful...except for the guy who sat a couple rows behind me. My 10 year old kept asking me what the middle finger meant but hey, we all have those fans.

Very true, I'm pretty sure I saw a MUCK FIDDLE sign...
03-02-2013 10:28 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(03-02-2013 10:28 PM)tyler90wm Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 10:23 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Your crowd of 400+ was very united and generally respectful...except for the guy who sat a couple rows behind me. My 10 year old kept asking me what the middle finger meant but hey, we all have those fans.

photo proof please.

every phone has a camera.

i did see a sign that said:

ncaa tourney
ray harper 16 days - 1
kermit davis 20 years - 0

i found that one humorous.
03-02-2013 10:34 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(03-02-2013 10:28 PM)tyler90wm Wrote:  Very true, I'm pretty sure I saw a MUCK FIDDLE sign...

I saw it too...on tv.
03-02-2013 10:37 PM
ClarksvilleRaider Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MTSU
I like how certain WKU fans can only post about how we ONLY had 300-400 fans in THEIR arena. That would be about 10x the number of fans Western had in the Murph a month ago.

Btw, the commentators were announcing 750-1000 MT fans in attendance so maybe that's where some of the posters are getting their numbers.
03-02-2013 10:51 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(03-02-2013 10:51 PM)ClarksvilleRaider Wrote:  I like how certain WKU fans can only post about how we ONLY had 300-400 fans in THEIR arena. That would be about 10x the number of fans Western had in the Murph a month ago.

Btw, the commentators were announcing 750-1000 MT fans in attendance so maybe that's where some of the posters are getting their numbers.

Congrats your best season in school history can get 300 fans to Diddle...Guarantee if you turned it around and WKU was 26 and 4 and playing in Murfesboro last game, we would have had the same if not more fans at your dump...At least MTSU fans get to travel to a nice arena to watch a game instead of WKU fans traveling to the land of WOokie steps...
03-02-2013 10:54 PM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

(03-02-2013 10:54 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Congrats your best season in school history can get 300 fans to Diddle...Guarantee if you turned it around and WKU was 26 and 4 and playing in Murfesboro last game, we would have had the same if not more fans at your dump...At least MTSU fans get to travel to a nice arena to watch a game instead of WKU fans traveling to the land of WOokie steps...

[Image: IA3sXea.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 11:05 PM by tyler90wm.)
03-02-2013 11:03 PM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
(03-02-2013 10:28 PM)tyler90wm Wrote:  

I saw the sign on television. Was on for about three seconds about halfway thru the second half.
03-02-2013 11:28 PM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

(03-02-2013 10:34 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  photo proof please.

every phone has a camera.

[Image: KGVZrsWl.jpg]
03-02-2013 11:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.