Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNC has B1G invite?
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
UNC has B1G invite?
https://twitter.com/insidemdsports

This is the guy who broke the Maryland to B1G story in November. He is now saying that UVA and UNC have invites to the B1G.

Quote:Jeff Ermann ‏@insidemdsports
Big 10 talk buzzing again. #UVA being mentioned often as likely to join. Georgia Tech still in the mix. #UNC, the big domino, has an offer.

Jeff Ermann ‏@insidemdsports
UNC? Real life, I believe. RT@NYTerp1413 is it a real offer or just a school on the accepted list...

I'm speaking out of turn, but I'd say the Big 10 likely views GT and UVA as 8s ... And UNC as Kate Upton. Heels are the apocalyptic domino.

Not sure. But it's churning. RT@mjotwits Anyone else reporting these schools possibly joining Big 10? Big 10 kept things quiet with MD & Rut
02-19-2013 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: UNC has B1G invite?
Boy I would be shocked if UNC accepts this offer and breaks up Tobacco raod. Jim Delany has done more to ruin college football than any other man every born... Delany has no respect for tradition. no real respect for college football.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 01:33 PM by No Bull.)
02-19-2013 01:32 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I would think if(when) UVA has an offer from the Big Ten, you'd be hearing corresponding news coming out of Blacksburg with the SEC. I think those 2 moves are hand and hand quite frankly.
02-19-2013 01:32 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(02-19-2013 01:32 PM)No Bull Wrote:  Boy I would be shocked if UNC accepts this offer and breaks up Tobacco raod. Jim Delany has done more to ruin college football than any other man every born... Delany has no respect for tradition. no real respect for college football.

Isn't he a UNC graduate?
02-19-2013 01:34 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I mean UNC will break up Tobacco road becuase Delany graduated from there?
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 01:44 PM by No Bull.)
02-19-2013 01:40 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

Nothing from UVA so far, so I have no idea how true this is. And yes, Delany is a UNC alum and would love to have them in his conference.
02-19-2013 01:41 PM
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(02-19-2013 01:32 PM)No Bull Wrote:  Boy I would be shocked if UNC accepts this offer and breaks up Tobacco raod. Jim Delany has done more to ruin college football than any other man every born... Delany has no respect for tradition. no real respect for college football.

Why? I'm not a fan of Delaney but why blame him? Blame the prez of UNC if they accept. Offers can be made but no one is putting a gun to the head and making the college presidents accept. Blame can be spread to all the greedy bastardos that are ruining college sports.
02-19-2013 01:41 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(02-19-2013 01:40 PM)No Bull Wrote:  I eman UNC will break up Tobacco road becuase Delany graduated from there?

Wasn't saying that... just was saying that he obviously knows of the history. But, he's a UNC grad at is the commishioner of the B1G. He probably has some sway at UNC.
02-19-2013 01:43 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-19-2013 01:43 PM)mlb Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 01:40 PM)No Bull Wrote:  I eman UNC will break up Tobacco road becuase Delany graduated from there?

Wasn't saying that... just was saying that he obviously knows of the history. But, he's a UNC grad at is the commishioner of the B1G. He probably has some sway at UNC.

Sorry.

You are right he probably does know the hsitory and just doesn't care. I can't wait to see Iowa vs. North Carolina. That there is some must see TV. or how about Rutgers Vs> North carolina.... great stuff.
02-19-2013 01:46 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(02-19-2013 01:34 PM)mlb Wrote:  

Isn't he a UNC graduate?

Yes. He's also an egomaniac IMO. This is all about who's got the biggest pair financially / academically between the B10 and SEC.

The rust belt schools can't stand that they'll get left in the dust in terms of on the field so they'll make sure they're the most elite academically. IMO it's an excercise in futility. There's nothing they can do to compete with the SEC long term.

Rivalries and tradition be damned. None of these ******* ass-holes care anymore.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 01:53 PM by blunderbuss.)
02-19-2013 01:50 PM
dbacard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
Ermann calling UNC the apocalyptic domino is spot on. UVa and GT could be replaced with Cincy/UConn easily. UNC however is a pillar of the ACC and would send major shock waves. And if they really do have an offer and turn it down that has a very positive effect on the ACC showing they are truly committed to the ACC.
02-19-2013 01:51 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

(02-19-2013 01:46 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 01:43 PM)mlb Wrote:  

Sorry.

You are right he probably does know the hsitory and just doesn't care. I can't wait to see Iowa vs. North Carolina. That there is some must see TV. or how about Rutgers Vs> North carolina.... great stuff.

Gee, I think that's how FSU fans feel about watching Florida St vs Syracuse. Or Clemson fans feel about watching Clemson vs Pittsburgh...

In other words, in a lot of ways the tradition has already eroded. I mean, UNC doesn't play Wake Forest, Clemson or Maryland this year, but does play Boston College and Pittsburgh. In years gone by, that's 3/7 ACC teams that UNC isn't playing.
02-19-2013 01:55 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
ACC could lose BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and not even blink an eye. Once they start losing UVA or UNC then there is trouble.
02-19-2013 01:56 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(02-19-2013 01:51 PM)dbacard Wrote:  Ermann calling UNC the apocalyptic domino is spot on. UVa and GT could be replaced with Cincy/UConn easily. UNC however is a pillar of the ACC and would send major shock waves. And if they really do have an offer and turn it down that has a very positive effect on the ACC showing they are truly committed to the ACC.

UVA is MUCH larger than you are giving it credit for. With them gone, you also lose Va Tech. That has the impact of totally cutting the conference in half...
North half- Syracuse, (UConn), BC, Pitt, Louisville, (Cincy)
South half- UNC, NC St, WF, Duke, Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami

The 2 halves have nothing in common with each other at all. And, odds are good that 2 more get poached(1 each to SEC and Big Ten.). Down to 12 teams, with 5 being from the Big East last year. And, that's if FSU/Clemson stand pat.
02-19-2013 02:00 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-19-2013 02:00 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 01:51 PM)dbacard Wrote:  Ermann calling UNC the apocalyptic domino is spot on. UVa and GT could be replaced with Cincy/UConn easily. UNC however is a pillar of the ACC and would send major shock waves. And if they really do have an offer and turn it down that has a very positive effect on the ACC showing they are truly committed to the ACC.

UVA is MUCH larger than you are giving it credit for. With them gone, you also lose Va Tech. That has the impact of totally cutting the conference in half...
North half- Syracuse, (UConn), BC, Pitt, Louisville, (Cincy)
South half- UNC, NC St, WF, Duke, Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami

The 2 halves have nothing in common with each other at all. And, odds are good that 2 more get poached(1 each to SEC and Big Ten.). Down to 12 teams, with 5 being from the Big East last year. And, that's if FSU/Clemson stand pat.

They won't. i read yesterday where FSU lost over 500k at the ACC Chmpionship game...
02-19-2013 02:03 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
It takes two to tango.
02-19-2013 02:03 PM
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
DO IT HEELS! If this keeps up UAB will make it to the Big East. We'll just be there with Delaware and Arkansas State.
02-19-2013 02:06 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(02-19-2013 02:03 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  It takes two to tango.
Actually, it takes a few more than 2. You need at least 5 for the band...
02-19-2013 02:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(02-19-2013 02:03 PM)No Bull Wrote:  They won't. i read yesterday where FSU lost over 500k at the ACC Chmpionship game...

I think that's the exception to the rule. Due to sanctions the top two teams in the Coastal division, Miami and UNC, were passed over for the third place team Georgia Tech. If either of Miami or UNC is in that game the place would have been filled, IMO. I don't believe any team has lost money with the game being held in Charlotte before this year.
02-19-2013 02:08 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

(02-19-2013 02:06 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 02:03 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  It takes two to tango.
Actually, it takes a few more than 2. You need at least 5 for the band...

Well you could just pop in a CD or your ipod...
02-19-2013 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.