Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
If this is true, shame on the WVU student section
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
If this is true, shame on the WVU student section
A UC poster is reporting that the WVU student section was chanting "Get a real coach" with about 1 minute left. They were chanting "You need Bobby" before that.

They are obviously not well informed about UC's situation.

Nice.

01-wingedeagle
02-04-2006 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Re: If this is true, shame on the WVU student section
bearcatfan Wrote:They are obviously not well informed about UC's situation.

lol, at least is wasn't an x-rated chant...

Isn't UC looking for a new coach ?
02-04-2006 03:02 PM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
bearcatfan Wrote:A UC poster is reporting that the WVU student section was chanting "Get a real coach" with about 1 minute left. They were chanting "You need Bobby" before that.

They are obviously not well informed about UC's situation.

Nice.

01-wingedeagle

The only chant I heard was "Just like football" or were there other chants as well??
02-04-2006 03:11 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
WVU82 Wrote:
bearcatfan Wrote:They are obviously not well informed about UC's situation.

lol, at least is wasn't an x-rated chant...

Isn't UC looking for a new coach ?

We have a coach. We'll look for one at the end of the season, but obviously West Virginia fans don't have a clue what a great job Andy Kennedy is doing under the circumstances. Only and idiot would chant get a real coach.
02-04-2006 03:21 PM
WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
CatsClaw Wrote:Only and idiot would chant get a real coach.

Because they wanted to see Huggins, the WVU player of the year in '74
02-04-2006 03:30 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

This is an interesting thread. The WV board has a similar thread concerning the behavior of the Cincy players. Following is a snipet:

From an source inside the WVU Coliseum:

Following UC's practice on Friday, the Bearcat players and their coach were on the floor, and the cuss words were flying. That's fine, just in a jovial, relaxed after-practice setting. It's something John Beilein would never allow and take part in, but it's at least understandable somewhat.

The Cincinnati players then climb the stairs, in the concourse where teachers, students and sports info staff and others (custodians, physical plant workers, etc.) and walked past the Jerry West displays.

"Eff West Virginia! Eff Jerry West!" comments rang throughout from many, many players. It was a horrid, low-class display of what UC athletics, and basketball in particular, has come to represent. Eff JERRY freakin' WEST!?!?

And, at least right there on the spot, no reaction from coaches. Pathetic.

I say we boo the crap out of them.
02-04-2006 04:23 PM
Advertisement

WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

It was interesting to see the Bearcats give up with 35 seconds on the clock...
02-04-2006 04:53 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:We have a coach. We'll look for one at the end of the season, but obviously West Virginia fans don't have a clue what a great job Andy Kennedy is doing under the circumstances. Only and idiot would chant get a real coach.

-- The only chant I could hear from TV was "just like football"......but I don't there is anything horrible about that chant...there is a signifcant # of posters on the UC message board that feel exactly the same way

Quote:From an source inside the WVU Coliseum:

Following UC's practice on Friday, the Bearcat players and their coach were on the floor, and the cuss words were flying. That's fine, just in a jovial, relaxed after-practice setting. It's something John Beilein would never allow and take part in, but it's at least understandable somewhat.

The Cincinnati players then climb the stairs, in the concourse where teachers, students and sports info staff and others (custodians, physical plant workers, etc.) and walked past the Jerry West displays.

"Eff West Virginia! Eff Jerry West!" comments rang throughout from many, many players. It was a horrid, low-class display of what UC athletics, and basketball in particular, has come to represent. Eff JERRY freakin' WEST!?!?

And, at least right there on the spot, no reaction from coaches. Pathetic.

I say we boo the crap out of them.

-- Here is a quote from one of the site's moderators on the very subject...

Quote:Yes, I, as a moderator, would come on here and totally tell lies just to pump up WVU, ruining any credibility this site has.

It happened. What is surprising is that anybody thinks UC would not do this.

And I'm not buying the "college male" argument.

You think Beilein would allow our team tor un through "Third Fifth" arena yelling "F Oscar Robertson!"

Absolutely not

-- UC has some classy players 03-melodramatic

Jackson
02-04-2006 05:33 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

This rumor is absolute hogwash.

West Virginia has some classy fans.
02-04-2006 05:37 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:This rumor is absolute hogwash.

-- Its hard to say...but the thread was starterd by a moderator...this is the one of the same guys that gets inside info about recruiting/visits and what is going on in practise from the coaching staff....he is says it happened...then I'll believe him

Quote:West Virginia has some classy fans.

-- Keep in mind that those classy fans are one of the main reasons UC still has access to the Gator/Sun/Meinke bowl...untill UC starts pulling its weight fan base wise...I wouldn't make cracks like that

Jackson
02-04-2006 05:43 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Jackson,

NOw that's an intelligent comeback. God bless West Virginia.

It's ok for West Virginia fans to spread baseless rumors about UC players, but it's not ok for UC fans to challenge those "classy" West Virginia fans that spread them.
02-04-2006 06:07 PM
Advertisement

gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

if this "informed report" was worthy of a substantive response, i'd be happy to deliver it. it isn't, and i won't. anyone who thinks an undermanned UC squad jumps at the chance to insult the hoops gods of the bigeast opposition is a total moron unworthy of meaningful discourse.

Jackson1011 Wrote:-- Keep in mind that those classy fans are one of the main reasons UC still has access to the Gator/Sun/Meinke bowl...untill UC starts pulling its weight fan base wise...I wouldn't make cracks like that

Jackson

keep in mind, as i do, that your fans had as many wins to cheer in last year's ncaa tourney as they'd had in the previous 20 years combined. and yes, i know, one of those was against the bearcats.

congrats to the mountaineers on a great run this year on the gridiron and in hoops. i'd love to see your team go all the way in the tourney. but spare me the lecture on what your fans have done for the bearcat cause.
02-04-2006 06:08 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Waco....take your case here.....

http://mb19.scout.com/fwestvirginia18066...=1&stop=20

-- Like I said...if a moderator that has been right countless times before says it...then I...as a member of that site is going to take there word for it like have in the past
02-04-2006 06:11 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:but spare me the lecture on what your fans have done for the bearcat cause.

-- Right...and UC had one of its most attended football games of the yr on a Wed. night because of all those Bearcat fans suddently saw the light...right? lmfao ....Let me know when there are more butts in the seats then empty seats at Nippert on saturdays...Untill then enjoy the sellouts that we can give you every other yr

Jackson
02-04-2006 06:21 PM
gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:but spare me the lecture on what your fans have done for the bearcat cause.

-- Right...and UC had one of its most attended football games of the yr on a Wed. night because of all those Bearcat fans suddently saw the light...right? lmfao ....Let me know when there are more butts in the seats then empty seats at Nippert on saturdays...Untill then enjoy the sellouts that we can give you every other yr

Jackson

i doubt that simple repetition reverberates with you, but i'll say it again; wvu historically has done nothing for uc.

for that matter, neither has football. with or without you 'eers in the stands.
02-04-2006 06:36 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Any truth to this one?

http://mb19.scout.com/fwestvirginia18066...2136.topic

-- Ladies and Gentleman...I think we may have seen the birth of a rivalry 04-rock

Jackson
02-04-2006 06:55 PM
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

If that's all they chanted, they like you. Listen in when Pitt plays at Morgantown. You'll clearly hear the, "Eat $hit Pitt" chant. A number of years ago at the Pitt-WVU football game in Pittsburgh, the public address announcer came on an announced there was a tractor in the parking lot with it's light on. License plate E-I-E-I-O. That's the stuff rivalries are made of.
02-04-2006 08:06 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

oh come on now, UC fans. Cry me a river. If you want to play in half-empty stands and arenas against teams like Rice, UAB, Southern Miss, and Central Florida, then go back to CUSA.

From the descriptions in this thread, I don't see anything to whine about frankly. I'm sure opposing teams and fans have lots of fun stories about trips to UC.

It's ironic.. VPI fans whine and moan about WVU all the time, but when I went to Blacksburg it was BY FAR worse than anything I ever saw opposing fans enduring in Morgantown.

it's called college sports, and i don't see it changing any time soon. Be glad that you are going to full arenas in the Big East with rowdy fans. You could be playing in front of a couple thousand a night in CUSA right now.
02-04-2006 10:32 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

I'm glad to see something has diverted conversation from the game itself. Because, when both sides ***** about playing like sh!t, the game's not worth talking about lmfao
02-04-2006 11:12 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

Lemmiwinks Wrote:I'm glad to see something has diverted conversation from the game itself. Because, when both sides b**** about playing like sh!t, the game's not worth talking about lmfao

Only one team played bad in the second half, and it wasn't Cincinnati.
02-05-2006 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.