Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU Beats Kent
Bookmark and Share
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
NIU Beats Kent
After a rough weekend for the pups, I'm happy to see them dig deep and get a win. Kent was down 9 with 2:30 or so left and tied it. NIU scored with 5 seconds left to win.
01-30-2013 10:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Campbell4President Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: NIU Beats Kent
Wow!
01-30-2013 10:15 PM
The Optimist Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nicheless MAC
Wow! That's sports for ya
01-30-2013 10:20 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Must have carried over from those last few minutes at EMU...
01-30-2013 10:38 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
Congrats to NIU.

Tradition has graduated at KSU.
01-30-2013 11:02 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Hmm, the west is getting stronger and the east weaker.
01-30-2013 11:12 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
BG, Miami, Buffalo, and Kent are under where they have been in past seasons. Akron and Ohio are slightly above where they are usually.
Toledo, and WMU are above where they have been in past seasons. The rest of the West is so streaky that I can't tell.
01-30-2013 11:36 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
NIU is one of the youngest teams in the nation. The are in the midst of a complete rebuild of their program. I think they may finally round the turn back to respectability in hoops over the next year or two. It is possible the league as a whole is down this year but the West seems to be bringing a little more balance than usual this season. I think it will carry into the next couple seasons.
01-30-2013 11:40 PM
El Grande Flippero Offline
1st String

I Root For: BG!! SU!!
BG is not off this season...we're off the last three seasons. Kent loses to us and NIU? Ouch...
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2013 09:15 AM by El Grande Flippero.)
01-31-2013 09:15 AM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
(01-31-2013 09:15 AM)El Grande Flippero Wrote:  BG is not off this season...we're off the last three seasons. Kent loses to us and NIU? Ouch...

What is the deal with BG? Didn't they get a sizable donation a couple years back to pump up the hoops program?
01-31-2013 09:23 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-31-2013 09:23 AM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  
(01-31-2013 09:15 AM)El Grande Flippero Wrote:  BG is not off this season...we're off the last three seasons. Kent loses to us and NIU? Ouch...

What is the deal with BG? Didn't they get a sizable donation a couple years back to pump up the hoops program?

Nope. The 10mill waits until the donor passes. My understanding is that he is in much better health than the BG hoops program.
01-31-2013 09:43 AM
Advertisement

bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
Wow, how embarrassing for Kent State!
01-31-2013 09:51 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Not embarrassing at all. NIU played well, they shot the ball very well, and they deserved to win. KSU just isn't very good this year. Watching us play last night was like watching us play in most games this season: playing well enough to lose close games. That's what teams who are not very good do.

There are very few surprises in the MAC. The bottom teams can and will beat anyone on a given night. NIU has beaten Akron a couple of times recently until this season. OU lost to very bad EMU and Toledo teams. That's college basketball.

It still doesn't look to me like the West has gotten better. There is not as much competition at the top, which isn't even as good as it has been, and the other East teams are looking woeful. The MAC had better wake up. This slide in basketball is not good at all.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2013 10:17 AM by axeme.)
01-31-2013 10:16 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
If NIU can hold on to its better players from this year I think they'll start to do better in OOC play next year. About time for NIU to stop being such an anchor for the MAC. Hopefully 1 fewer horrible team will help.
01-31-2013 10:30 AM
El Grande Flippero Offline
1st String

I Root For: BG!! SU!!
(01-31-2013 09:43 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(01-31-2013 09:23 AM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  

Nope. The 10mill waits until the donor passes. My understanding is that he is in much better health than the BG hoops program.

Yep...the donation of $10 million was done via (most likely) a chairitable remainder trust. The donor lives off the money and the $$$ go to the recipient upon death. Which we all hope will be well into the future because the donor...Bill Frack...is supposed to be a pretty good guy by all accounts.
01-31-2013 11:05 AM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
I consider last night embarrassing beyond expression. I did not think that we could drop so low. Our players have forgotten who and what they represent. I am sick.
01-31-2013 12:43 PM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
We've had much better teams at KSU lose to worse teams. The best team in MAC history lost to one of the worst ever YSU (3-23) teams. It's guess embarrassment is a personal thing. I think NIU, even though they have had some horrendous games, actually looks better than they have in recent years.
01-31-2013 01:01 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(01-31-2013 01:01 PM)axeme Wrote:  We've had much better teams at KSU lose to worse teams. The best team in MAC history lost to one of the worst ever YSU (3-23) teams. It's guess embarrassment is a personal thing. I think NIU, even though they have had some horrendous games, actually looks better than they have in recent years.

Like someone else pointed out, when NIU shot well, they beat Miami and CMU. They just don't shoot well very often. They shot well against KSU, so they had a good shot at winning. Still a close call, at home. Only difference in this game is that in prior games we didn't have someone come up big when time was running out to give us a lead. This time the shot actually fell.
01-31-2013 02:04 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2013 12:43 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  I consider last night embarrassing beyond expression. I did not think that we could drop so low. Our players have forgotten who and what they represent. I am sick.

Embarrassing. Enough said.
01-31-2013 04:45 PM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
NIU can be dangerous when they put a complete game together. They're still a year or two from really breaking through, but they're considerably closer than they have been in recent seasons.
01-31-2013 05:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.