Donators
so the Big East takes UL, UC, and USF over #3 Memphis...hmmm
UL: 14-6 (2-5)

UC: 13-6 (3-3)

USF: 6-13 (0-6) lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

Total: 33-25 (5-14) <---- sweet 04-bow

or

#3 Memphis: 19-2 (5-0)

add in our football team which won it's 3rd straight bowl game...and now you know why we are pissed.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
01-28-2006 04:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

Hey Bro don't think Cincy did not want you here. Go Tigers! Enjoy your season you have a talented team.
01-28-2006 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

Bearcat T Wrote:Hey Bro don't think Cincy did not want you here. Go Tigers! Enjoy your season you have a talented team.
oh no...much respect to Cincy...and if it wasn't for injuries UC would be a contender THIS year...i miss bob...but kennedy is a good coach.

i'm more mad they would take USF that can't bring 30,000 to RJS...or 5,000 in the sad dome...over us.

all the Big East people keep saying location, location, location...well that has gotten them a nice 0-6 basketball team...wise choice.

if you are wondering why the sudden outburst...i'm looking at the rest of our conference schedule...this is a waste of a great team.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
01-28-2006 04:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

See you in 2010.
01-28-2006 04:53 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

gomemphistigers1 Wrote:
Bearcat T Wrote:Hey Bro don't think Cincy did not want you here. Go Tigers! Enjoy your season you have a talented team.
oh no...much respect to Cincy...and if it wasn't for injuries UC would be a contender THIS year...i miss bob...but kennedy is a good coach.

i'm more mad they would take USF that can't bring 30,000 to RJS...or 5,000 in the sad dome...over us.

all the Big East people keep saying location, location, location...well that has gotten them a nice 0-6 basketball team...wise choice.

if you are wondering why the sudden outburst...i'm looking at the rest of our conference schedule...this is a waste of a great team.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

I think you guys will definitely add something basketball wise this year. However, if you played in the BE you probably will have a few more losses too. Road games in the BE is very tough, as UL found out today at the RAC. RAC is a hard place to play. UL will find out playing at Gample Pavillion is very hard too.

Anyway, good luck for rest of the season. We do need a 9th and Memphis could be it along with UCF and ECU.
01-28-2006 05:16 PM
Advertisement

st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights

I really just don't see the ECU thing...

I'm sure this will be taken as smack, but I just don't get it. ECU isn't competitive in football or basketball...heck we beat them in hoops when we were a TAAC and A-Sun team. Their baseball team is good but so is UCF, Memphis and just about any other southern expansion candidate...and baseball isn't even revenue producing.

I just don't get it!
01-28-2006 07:17 PM
tigersharktwo
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

An unpaid political commercial by the regionalized committee to split the BE.(locations in Greenville,Memphis and Louisville)
01-28-2006 11:57 PM
Quote this message in a reply
ccbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

gomemphistigers1 Wrote:

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

I don't think the Big East gives a crap about USF basketball sucking. Its not like the Big East is struggling in basketball. I mean, we're already considered by most the best conference in the country. 4 top ten teams and the number 1 team in the country is usually considered pretty good. (Well 3 next week since WVa will drop).
01-29-2006 12:03 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

You are comparing apples to oranges with You're 5-0 C-USA record and our Big East record. You'll get your shot to play a Big East schedule in a few years Good luch this season.
01-29-2006 03:59 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Re: so the Big East takes UL, UC, and USF over #3 Memphis...
gomemphistigers1 Wrote:UL: 14-6 (2-5)

or

add in our football team which won it's 3rd straight bowl game...and now you know why we are pissed.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

Dude, Memphis is having a dream season (and UC has had PLENTY of those over the years, Final Fours and Elite Eights and Sweet 16s), but we have been to the NCAA Tournament 15 straight years, have you? We've also been to bowl games 5 of the last 8 years. Congrats on a nice season, think before you make and idiot out of yourself. Because if Memphis loses in the first or second round you're going to look like a serious douche bag.
01-29-2006 07:41 PM
RIFRAF Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU

st932253 Wrote:I really just don't see the ECU thing...

I'm sure this will be taken as smack, but I just don't get it. ECU isn't competitive in football or basketball...heck we beat them in hoops when we were a TAAC and A-Sun team. Their baseball team is good but so is UCF, Memphis and just about any other southern expansion candidate...and baseball isn't even revenue producing.

I just don't get it!

Not that ECU is a shoe-in, they're not, but don't judge them on the pass few years. Strong overall athletic history for years (except for basketball), with a large fan base. Add a strong leader in Terry Holland and the Pirates are quickly on their way back to quality teams.

ECU would get the BE into the rich college oriented North Carolina market. Fans of other college teams in North Carolina do recognize ECU as a potential "player"...especially with a BE membership. ECU is the third largest university in North Carolina (NCSU has about 28-29k students, UNC 25-26k, and ECU 22-23k). NCSU and UNC want no part of an ECU to BE scenario.

Many passionate ECU grads and fans in the highly populated areas of North Carolina (Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, etc.) ECU's TV market is not just the Greenville market.
01-29-2006 08:51 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
Re: so the Big East takes UL, UC, and USF over #3 Memphis...
CatsClaw Wrote:
gomemphistigers1 Wrote:UL: 14-6 (2-5)

or

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

Dude, Memphis is having a dream season (and UC has had PLENTY of those over the years, Final Fours and Elite Eights and Sweet 16s), but we have been to the NCAA Tournament 15 straight years, have you? We've also been to bowl games 5 of the last 8 years. Congrats on a nice season, think before you make and idiot out of yourself. Because if Memphis loses in the first or second round you're going to look like a serious douche bag.
well, dude...this isn't a dream season just yet...we have a long way to go...we need to win the conference tourney...and if we don't get past the sweet 16 then we are REALLY underacheving...and yeah...we have had plenty of good seasons also...between 1980-1995 we went to 10 NCAA's and 3NIT...including a Final Four, 2 Elite Eights, and 3 sweet 16's...the only seasons we missed were because of NCAA sanctions...and even in those years we won the Metro conference tourney against the wishes of Denny the Crumb...but thats another story...we just fell on hard times in the hay days of C-USA which just happend to coincide with when Larry Finch left.

now as far as making an idoit of myself show me something that i have stated thats not true...UL and Cincy are performing mediocre in Big East play...not a knock against you guys...just the facts...how would we do...i don't know...and thats the WHOLE point i was trying to make...we deserve a shot MUCH more than a school that has a bad football team...bad basketball team...and lousey fan support...not to mention that UL, Cincy and Memphis have been in the same conference for some 25-30 years...it's not right that we have been split...but i guess that just went right over your head didn't it. 03-yawn

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
01-29-2006 09:12 PM
Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
stupid
Enough from the Memphis crowd already! Posts like this are so stupid. If you were in the Big East, you wouldn't be #3 in the nation. You would be taking plenty of hardwood buttwhippings. The Big East is the best basketball conference in the country. We don't need you. There is nothing better than being #1. You can't help us go any higher. Stupid posts like this are so dumb. Just enjoy your undefeated CUSA championship, if it happens, and have a nice day.
01-30-2006 10:13 AM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away

Donators
Re: stupid
Lolly Popp Wrote:Enough from the Memphis crowd already! Posts like this are so stupid. If you were in the Big East, you wouldn't be #3 in the nation. You would be taking plenty of hardwood buttwhippings. The Big East is the best basketball conference in the country. We don't need you. There is nothing better than being #1. You can't help us go any higher. Stupid posts like this are so dumb. Just enjoy your undefeated CUSA championship, if it happens, and have a nice day.
lol...you won't be singing that tune when the bball schools say have a nice day and you are stuck with only 8 all-sport schools...then everyone will be pointing at the Big East to add at least another member to legitamize the BCS bid...but go ahead and act like nothing will happen.

[Image: 040906ostridge.jpg]

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
01-30-2006 10:35 AM
Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
best
gomemphistigers1 Wrote:lol...you won't be singing that tune when the bball schools say have a nice day and you are stuck with only 8 all-sport schools...then everyone will be pointing at the Big East to add at least another member to legitamize the BCS bid...but go ahead and act like nothing will happen.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
Even without the basketball schools, the Big East football schools will still have the best basketball conference in the country. Why are people too stupid to realize this? UConn, Syracuse, Rutgers, Pitt, WVU, Cincy, Louisville, USF, and one more (UCF or Memphis or Whotheheckever), plus Notre Dame in every sport except football still kicks anyone else's butt. I don't hate your school but surely you can see how topics like this tend to annoy people.
01-30-2006 10:48 AM
ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:
gomemphistigers1 Wrote:
Lolly Popp Wrote:Enough from the Memphis crowd already! Posts like this are so stupid. If you were in the Big East, you wouldn't be #3 in the nation. You would be taking plenty of hardwood buttwhippings. The Big East is the best basketball conference in the country. We don't need you. There is nothing better than being #1. You can't help us go any higher. Stupid posts like this are so dumb. Just enjoy your undefeated CUSA championship, if it happens, and have a nice day.
lol...you won't be singing that tune when the bball schools say have a nice day and you are stuck with only 8 all-sport schools...then everyone will be pointing at the Big East to add at least another member to legitamize the BCS bid...but go ahead and act like nothing will happen.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

If we'd still have our 8 football schools then why would the BCS say we need to add anyone moron??? And those 8 all sport schools do okay in basketball.

Louisville
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
South Florida
UConn
Syracuse
Rutgers

All 8 of those teams have been to a bowl game in the past two seasons with two different teams having top 10 finishes. In the past 2 seasons every team except South Florida and Rutgers has made the tourney and in the past 3 seasons you have 2 national champs and a Final Four team. Memphis has done NOTHING to show that they'd help this league during that time span.
01-30-2006 10:03 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
ULCARDINALS Wrote:
gomemphistigers1 Wrote:

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

If we'd still have our 8 football schools then why would the BCS say we need to add anyone moron??? And those 8 all sport schools do okay in basketball.

Louisville
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
South Florida
UConn
Syracuse
Rutgers

All 8 of those teams have been to a bowl game in the past two seasons with two different teams having top 10 finishes. In the past 2 seasons every team except South Florida and Rutgers has made the tourney and in the past 3 seasons you have 2 national champs and a Final Four team. Memphis has done NOTHING to show that they'd help this league during that time span.
nothing short of 3 straight bowls in that same time span...2 NCAA's in b-ball...and a basketball team that is ranked #3.

i'm sorry but the BCS won't stand for an 8 team conference.

if you don't want a top 5 basketball team...a winning football team...a schools with great fan support...and the Liberty Bowl to boot...then you are CRAZY...show me a non-BCS school that has all that...a natural rivalry with several BE schools...and is willing to join the BE. (and don't kid yourself...ND and Penn State won't be comming any time soon.)

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
01-31-2006 12:22 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

Let the Tigers take out their frustrations on Tennessee. 04-chairshot
01-31-2006 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.