Uneven Schedules in the Big East
Bookmark and Share
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
Uneven Schedules in the Big East
I was looking at Rutgers schedule; they have no games with Connecticut
or West Virginia. They play two games each with Seton Hall, St.Johns and
South Florida. Seems totally unfair when you compare it to our schedule or that of Louisville. I think everyone should play each member at least once.

01-22-2006 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

The Big East Conference should just have every team play everybody for only 1 game each year and then let the other games be filled with Out of Conference games. The way the Big East has set it up is that if there is a team out there that has a great lineup but doesnt play the Louisville's, Connecticuts, Syracuse's each year, then they have a chance to win the conference with a WATERED-DOWN schedule. Make it even and let each team play everyone twice. Its ridiculous to have Notre Dame not playing UC and then having UC play connecticut, louisville and West Virginia twice.
use some common sense, Commish!

01-22-2006 04:41 PM
Rathskeller_Crew Offline
All American

I Root For:

You should be used to it after us getting screwed with the uneven schedule for years in C-USA.

01-22-2006 05:02 PM
Advertisement

hammerbearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Relax
Stop Bitching. I think the schedules rotate every year so that everyone plays each other twice every year within a 5 year time period.

01-22-2006 05:08 PM
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
Re: Relax
hammerbearcat Wrote:Stop Bitching. I think the schedules rotate every year so that everyone plays each other twice every year within a 5 year time period.

You stop bitching idiot ; I was just pointing out that the league sells out to television too much.

01-22-2006 05:14 PM
Advertisement

hammerbearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

My answer was based on fact. Yours on emotion AND I wasn't bitching you were!! Now are you going to get upset again or do I need to give you a pill???

01-22-2006 05:36 PM
Rathskeller_Crew Offline
All American

I Root For:

Not bitching about the uneven schedules....we just picked a bad year to get the toughest. Wish we could switch schedules with Rutgers to end the regular season.

Them:
PROVIDENCE
LOUISVILLE
at Syracuse
at Seton Hall
at Notre Dame
MARQUETTE
ST. JOHNS
at South Florida
at Georgetown
SOUTH FLORIDA

Us:
at Louisville
at Georgetown
SOUTH FLORIDA
at West Virginia
LOUISVILLE
at Pittsburgh
at Syracuse
PROVIDENCE
VILLANOVA
at Seton Hall
WEST VIRGINIA

The difference between the two looks like our old C-USA schedule versus our new reality in the BE.

01-22-2006 05:41 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat 1984 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati !!!

Well, hopefully just 4 more seasons of this stuff: 07, 08, 09, 10.

By the summer of 2010 we will have 8 schools, maybe 9 with Notre Dame, and looking at home and away with every member school.

WINNING the Big East... with uneven schedules maybe it should be calculated by in conference RPI and SOS or something. How can we truly crown a conference champion with this mess?

Is a 5-0 West Virginia that plays Cincinnati, Pitt and Georgetown twice better than a 4-1 Connecticut that plays Louisville, Syracuse and Villanova twice?

I don't know.

4 more seasons of bizarre Hybrid crap, and then back to true conference play.

01-22-2006 05:56 PM
bearcatstubb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Its based on tv....espn wants the top teams to play each other more....i wouldnt expect it to rotate to much....we will be stuck playing 3 teams in the top 8 year after year.

01-22-2006 06:39 PM
Advertisement

bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
hammerbearcat Wrote:Stop Bitching. I think the schedules rotate every year so that everyone plays each other twice every year within a 5 year time period.

I would bet that we will be playing Louisville twice every year in the B.E.

01-22-2006 06:39 PM
Intimidate Dominate Celebrate Offline
1st String

I Root For:

That's not a very good argument. Would you rather play UC twice this year, or when they had Logan 5 years ago? Would you rather play Marquette this year, or when they had DWade?

The scheduling needs to be fixed.

01-22-2006 06:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.