Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big East Presidents Meeting Friday
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
BE Presidents meet Friday
Should be eventful. Is this only for the C7?

Kevin McNamara ‏@KevinMcNamara33
Big East presidents will meet Friday in New York. Discussion points: when to exit, expansion targets, TV deal for next season and beyond.

https://twitter.com/KevinMcNamara33
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 11:53 AM by MinerInWisconsin.)
01-03-2013 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
Big East Presidents Meeting Friday
ProJo reporting: Big East presidents will meet Friday in New York. Discussion points: when to exit, expansion targets, TV deal for next season and beyond.

https://twitter.com/KevinMcNamara33/stat...2365367296
01-03-2013 11:53 AM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
RE: Big East Presidents Meeting Friday
I think ND pushing for an answer.
01-03-2013 12:07 PM
carylee2002 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: FRESNO STATE
Could be also to discuss Aresco's replacement if he can't get this contract done.
01-03-2013 12:08 PM
PlayBall! Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kansas & Big XII
Oh, to be a fly on the wall at that meeting! 03-cloud9
01-03-2013 12:16 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-03-2013 12:08 PM)carylee2002 Wrote:  Could be also to discuss Aresco's replacement if he can't get this contract done.

And replace him with who? If the ex-president of CBS sports cant get a contract, then the guy in the suit is probably not the problem....also, its not really clear if this is just the Big East all-sports group presidents, just the C-7 presidents, or both.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 12:25 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-03-2013 12:22 PM
Advertisement

Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
(01-03-2013 12:22 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  If the ex-president of CBS sports cant get a contract, then the guy in the suit is probably not the problem
yep
01-03-2013 12:26 PM
westwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CFB
(01-03-2013 12:16 PM)PlayBall! Wrote:  Oh, to be a fly on the wall at that meeting! 03-cloud9

How many qualify to be invited to that meeting?
01-03-2013 12:37 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
Well Aresco said things would happen fast...sounds like the final forming of the new Eastern Conference is coming into view.

To be honest, Aresco doesn't need SDSU and Boise (certainly on their terms)...it's looking like this is going to end up being a 12 team FB conference with 11 basketball members by 2015...and will likely be a better version of the MWC just covering the rest of the country (Texas-East).

UConn
Temple
ECU
USF
UCF
Cincinnati
Memphis
Houston
SMU
Tulane
Navy-FB

So they need one other and they can choose from Tulsa, Southern Miss, or Marshall.

I'm betting Tulsa for a variety of reasons.
01-03-2013 12:41 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(01-03-2013 12:41 PM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  Well Aresco said things would happen fast...sounds like the final forming of the new Eastern Conference is coming into view.

To be honest, Aresco doesn't need SDSU and Boise (certainly on their terms)...it's looking like this is going to end up being a 12 team FB conference with 11 basketball members by 2015...and will likely be a better version of the MWC just covering the rest of the country (Texas-East).

UConn
Temple
ECU
USF
UCF
Cincinnati
Memphis
Houston
SMU
Tulane
Navy-FB

So they need one other and they can choose from Tulsa, Southern Miss, or Marshall.

Tulsa cuts off the MW and leaves them looking at Rice, UTSA, and UTEP as thier next additions. Maybe Aresco should just shut out the MW and take S Miss, Tulsa, and UTSA. That leaves the MW with Rice, UTEP, Idaho, Tx St, N Tx, and N Mex St as thier only real expansion options. That would allow the BE to capture the best two remaining football schools on the board and grab the last large market left on the draft board. I think what SDSU decides would also play a large factor in what the future decisions would look like. Im assuming they go back to the MW, but if they dont---the BE has to figure out a way to make that work.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 12:49 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-03-2013 12:46 PM
GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

(01-03-2013 12:41 PM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  Well Aresco said things would happen fast...sounds like the final forming of the new Eastern Conference is coming into view.

UConn
Temple
ECU
USF
UCF
Cincinnati
Memphis
Houston
SMU
Tulane
Navy-FB

Bring on Southern Miss!

Sorry Tulsa.... If we didn't have Tulane I'd be ok with you but unless we are going to 14 and you are not going to the MWC I don't see it happening.

East
UConn
Temple
ECU
USF
UCF
Navy-FB

West
Cincinnati
Memphis
Houston
SMU
Tulane
Southern Miss
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 12:53 PM by GO Coogs GO!!!.)
01-03-2013 12:48 PM
Advertisement

panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Tulsa utep Smu Houston Mwc
01-03-2013 01:09 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
How does a thread about a C7 meeting turn into the MWC taking UTEP and Tulsa? 01-wingedeagle
01-03-2013 01:48 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(01-03-2013 01:48 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  How does a thread about a C7 meeting turn into the MWC taking UTEP and Tulsa? 01-wingedeagle

It doesnt say C-7 meeting. It says Big East Presidents Meeting Friday. So as I have already said--is that C-7 presidents only? Is that all-sports Big East presidents only? Or is it both?
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 01:54 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-03-2013 01:51 PM
Mothership Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tailgating!
(01-03-2013 01:51 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 01:48 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  How does a thread about a C7 meeting turn into the MWC taking UTEP and Tulsa? 01-wingedeagle

It doesnt say C-7 meeting. It says Big East meeting. So as I have already said--is that C-7 presidents only? Is that all-sports Big East presidents only? Or is it both?

It appears to be poor wording by the tweeter. The subjects are clearly C7 related.
01-03-2013 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
Quote:Kevin McNamara ‏@KevinMcNamara33
Big East presidents will meet Friday in New York. Discussion points: when to exit, expansion targets, TV deal for next season and beyond.

That makes it sound like it's either a C7 meeting or a meeting to primarily discuss C7 business with or without the remaining current BE members in the room for the discussion.
01-03-2013 01:55 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

(01-03-2013 01:54 PM)Mothership Wrote:  

It doesnt say C-7 meeting. It says Big East meeting. So as I have already said--is that C-7 presidents only? Is that all-sports Big East presidents only? Or is it both?

It appears to be poor wording by the tweeter. The subjects are clearly C7 related.

Of course. lol...Because the all-sports schools would not need to discuss when schools exit, expansion, or TV contracts. Your first sentence is correct. Given the situation, the tweet needed to be worded differently. That said, now that I know its a C-7 meeting I will obviously leave the thread to the basketball folks to bat around.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 02:00 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-03-2013 01:57 PM
Mothership Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tailgating!
(01-03-2013 01:57 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Of course. lol...Because the all-sports schools would not need to discuss when schools exit, expansion, or TV contracts. Your first sentence is correct. Given the situation, the tweet needed to be worded differently. That said, now that I know its a C-7 meeting I will obviously leave the thread to the basketball folks to bat around.

There were obviously others confused by the use of "Big East Presidents meet..." I was one of them. The subjects are misleading and in a way could be applied to the remaining members, though, when bundled together are clearly C7 related.

Discussion points:

When to exit - who is exiting the Big East besides Louisville and Rutgers? Their dates are set. The C7 is not set and still under negotiation. I guess you could suggest the Louisville/Rutgers dates could be back up for change but the C7 would not need to be present for this.

Expansion targets - I believe the Big East knows who its expansion targets are and has been after them for some time. Events have slowed the process allowing players to see how the chips fall. Since the C7 has really been unofficial about things, they need to move forward quickly for next year. Otherwise, the C7 would not need to be there.

TV deal for next season and beyond - The Big East football has a contract for 2013. C7 doesn't. I would find it highly improbable that the C7 would address this with any of the remaining Big East schools. The fact this is on the agenda suggests the C7 will be present for the meeting. Why would the other two subjects be on the docket if the C7 were going to be there?
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 02:56 PM by Mothership.)
01-03-2013 02:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-03-2013 02:27 PM)Mothership Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 01:57 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

There were obviously others confused by the use of "Big East Presidents meet..." I was one of them. The subjects are misleading and in a way could be applied to the remaining members, though, when bundled together are clearly C7 related.

Discussion points:

When to exit - who is exiting the Big East besides Louisville and Rutgers? Their dates are set. The C7 is not set and still under negotiation. I guess you could suggest the Louisville/Rutgers dates could be back up for change but the C7 would not need to be present for this.

Expansion targets - I believe the Big East knows who its expansion targets are and has been after them for some time. Events have slowed the process allowing players to see how the chips fall. Since the C7 has really been unofficial about things, they need to move forward quickly for next year. Otherwise, the C7 would not need to be there.

TV deal for next season and beyond - The Big East football has a contract for 2013. C7 doesn't. I would find it highly improbable that the C7 would address this with any of the remaining Big East schools. The fact this is on the agenda suggests the C7 will be present for the meeting. Why would the other two subjects be on the docket if the C7 were going to be there?

Louisville and Rutgers intent is 2014, but that hasn't been agreed to by the Big East. So there will be negotiation on what the fee will be to get out quicker than 27 months.
01-03-2013 03:33 PM
Vewb1 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Sounds like they may have something to present. Once we can get a TV contract, we can begin adding teams and developing our programs.
01-03-2013 03:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.