Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More bad news (NIU)
Bookmark and Share
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
More bad news (NIU)
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 09:02 AM by DrTorch.)
12-18-2012 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: More bad news (NIU)
Never understood the fun of "binge drink till you pass out." I know it's all about peer pressure, some college rite of passage, and all that. But if you want to let yourself go a little bit with alcohol, just drink enough to sustain a moderate buzz, and that's it. Feels a lot better and you'll remain conscious.

As far as the article... There's some blame to pass around the frat, sure, but the guy who drank himself to death was ultimately responsible here.
12-18-2012 11:21 AM
DrTorch Offline

(12-18-2012 11:21 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Never understood the fun of "binge drink till you pass out." I know it's all about peer pressure, some college rite of passage, and all that. But if you want to let yourself go a little bit with alcohol, just drink enough to sustain a moderate buzz, and that's it. Feels a lot better and you'll remain conscious.

Agree. I never understood it either.

Quote:As far as the article... There's some blame to pass around the frat, sure, but the guy who drank himself to death was ultimately responsible here.

Story right now in Tempe is that an ASU student is missing. He (age 19) was at a bar (with frat friends) and was asked to leave b/c he was very, very drunk. They think they found his body in the Rio Salado. Mom now wants FBI called in, wants "answers."

Uh chica, you have the answers. Time to face facts: your son killed himself.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 11:27 AM by DrTorch.)
12-18-2012 11:27 AM
BrashFlash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
(12-18-2012 11:27 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 11:21 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Never understood the fun of "binge drink till you pass out." I know it's all about peer pressure, some college rite of passage, and all that. But if you want to let yourself go a little bit with alcohol, just drink enough to sustain a moderate buzz, and that's it. Feels a lot better and you'll remain conscious.

Quote:As far as the article... There's some blame to pass around the frat, sure, but the guy who drank himself to death was ultimately responsible here.

Story right now in Tempe is that an ASU student is missing. He (age 19) was at a bar (with frat friends) and was asked to leave b/c he was very, very drunk. They think they found his body in the Rio Salado. Mom now wants FBI called in, wants "answers."

Take it easy Torch. Most of us did some really stupid things in college. Leave the grieving mother out of it. It must be hard enough to lose a child much less lose a child due to their own stupidity.
12-18-2012 12:30 PM
DrTorch Offline

(12-18-2012 12:30 PM)BrashFlash Wrote:  Take it easy Torch. Most of us did some really stupid things in college. Leave the grieving mother out of it. It must be hard enough to lose a child much less lose a child due to their own stupidity.

I didn't put her in it. She's the one making the big drama of it all. I'm not quite sure how a completely local case requires the Federal Bureal of Investigation. See the point?
12-18-2012 12:43 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(12-18-2012 11:27 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Story right now in Tempe is that an ASU student is missing. He (age 19) was at a bar (with frat friends) and was asked to leave b/c he was very, very drunk. They think they found his body in the Rio Salado.

Wisconsin college town struggles to prevent students from getting drunk, drowning in rivers

LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) — Searchers combing the Mississippi River this month pulled out the body of University of Wisconsin-La Crosse basketball player Luke Homan — the eighth college-age man in nine years to disappear from a city tavern and turn up dead in a river.
12-18-2012 01:39 PM
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
Don't drink and dive.
12-18-2012 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(12-18-2012 01:40 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  Don't drink and dive.

That's what my doctor says at the end of every physical along with...or smoke.
12-18-2012 02:09 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
(12-18-2012 12:30 PM)BrashFlash Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 11:27 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Take it easy Torch. Most of us did some really stupid things in college. Leave the grieving mother out of it. It must be hard enough to lose a child much less lose a child due to their own stupidity.

Key statement to me is "They think they found his body." Given that until confirmed, her son is missing. FBI has jurisdiction in missing persons cases. Not an overblown reaction at all, considering that she just got the worst news of her life.
12-18-2012 02:27 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Again, another Pike chapter. The national charter needs to get its' act together. No more Tour De Franzia, no more butt chugging, no more alcohol period.
12-18-2012 02:35 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
I've wondered how much of this comes from the crackdown on high school drinking (to the point where parents who let kids drink in their houses so that they don't drink and drive get charged with a crime) has had the indirect effect of college freshmen coming in without the drinking experience that might cause them not to drink until nearly alcohol poisoned.
12-18-2012 10:30 PM
Advertisement

El Grande Flippero Offline
1st String

I Root For: BG!! SU!!
(12-18-2012 12:43 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 12:30 PM)BrashFlash Wrote:  Take it easy Torch. Most of us did some really stupid things in college. Leave the grieving mother out of it. It must be hard enough to lose a child much less lose a child due to their own stupidity.

I didn't put her in it. She's the one making the big drama of it all. I'm not quite sure how a completely local case requires the Federal Bureal of Investigation. See the point?

Right....the silly yatch...where does she get off getting so dramatic over the death of her son.....shake it off, "chica"
12-19-2012 08:38 AM
DrTorch Offline

(12-19-2012 08:38 AM)El Grande Flippero Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 12:43 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Right....the silly yatch...where does she get off getting so dramatic over the death of her son.....shake it off, "chica"

That's right. Demanding everyone else do something to make up for her failure.

You are an imbecile flipper.
12-19-2012 08:53 AM
1st String

For someone so desperately lacking wit, intelligence and empathy...you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself.

Her failure?...yes...if she had taught that stupid kid to walk on water, none of this would have happened.
Kid's make mistakes...not every mistake is an indication of a "failed" parent.
12-19-2012 09:11 AM
DrTorch Offline

(12-19-2012 09:11 AM)El Grande Flippero Wrote:  For someone so desperately lacking wit, intelligence and empathy...you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself.

Yet you keep posting despite being repeatedly wrong. Why is that?

Quote:Her failure?...yes...if she had taught that stupid kid to walk on water, none of this would have happened.

Case in point.

Quote:Kid's make mistakes...not every mistake is an indication of a "failed" parent.

Ok, then why does she keep pining for attention when it was failure of her kid? The two are connected btw. Anyway, it's a tragedy, and she's making it worse with her solipsism.
12-19-2012 10:10 AM
DrTorch Offline

(12-18-2012 02:27 PM)FlashFan Wrote:  Key statement to me is "They think they found his body." Given that until confirmed, her son is missing.

True, but here's the deal:

Tempe Police Department spokesman Sgt. Mike Pooley said the clothing, physical description and location of where the body was found indicated it likely is that of ASU freshman who disappeared late Nov. 30 after attending a fraternity event.

Pooley said despite the indicators, police won’t know for sure if the body is Culolias’ until the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s Office positively identifies it.

Police have notified Culolias’ family, but Pooley said the medical examiner likely will identify the body today or Tuesday.

Tempe police said the body was clothed in jeans, a black shirt and one red Vans shoe that was similar to one that was found at the water’s edge days after he disappeared and later was confirmed to contain Culolias’ DNA. The shoe’s discovery sparked the initial three-day search of the river area.

25 years ago there wouldn't be any question. The only thing now is the drive to employ the technology that the ME has available. But it's a fallacy to say the technology is needed.

Time to seek closure and healing, not seek attention and keep false hopes alive.
12-19-2012 10:18 AM
Advertisement

BGSUFalcons Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: BGSU
(12-19-2012 10:10 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 09:11 AM)El Grande Flippero Wrote:  For someone so desperately lacking wit, intelligence and empathy...you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself.

Quote:Her failure?...yes...if she had taught that stupid kid to walk on water, none of this would have happened.

Case in point.

Quote:Kid's make mistakes...not every mistake is an indication of a "failed" parent.

Ok, then why does she keep pining for attention when it was failure of her kid? The two are connected btw. Anyway, it's a tragedy, and she's making it worse with her solipsism.

You're making this thread worse by misusing words.
12-19-2012 10:21 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(12-19-2012 10:21 AM)BGSUFalcons Wrote:  

Case in point.

It could get worse?
04-jawdrop
12-19-2012 10:24 AM
1st String

Aquaman is my favorite chew toy...it can always get worse.

This clod spouts off about some poor mother losing her son...he deserves every insult.
12-19-2012 10:52 AM
DrTorch Offline

(12-19-2012 10:21 AM)BGSUFalcons Wrote:  

Case in point.

How so?
12-19-2012 11:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.