Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GSU: Coach Miles adds OC Jeff Jadgozinski & JD Williams to Georgia State staff
Bookmark and Share
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
GSU: Coach Miles adds OC Jeff Jadgozinski & JD Williams to Georgia State staff
http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sport...ate_sports

Quote:J.D. Williams will be joining Trent Miles’ staff at Georgia State as defensive backs coach, completing the coaches on that side of the ball.

Williams comes to Georgia State after serving as defensive coordinator at UNLV this year. He and the Rebels’ offensive coordinator weren’t retained after the season.

He and Miles coached together at Washington. He has also coached defensive backs or the secondary at UNLV (2010-11), Utah (2009), Washington (2006-08), California (2002-05), Fresno State (2000-01), San Jose State (1999) and Cal Poly (1998).

Williams was a defensive back at Fresno State who was drafted in the first round by the Bills in 1990. He played in four Super Bowls.

He is the fifth coach Miles has hired and the first to not come with him from his previous job at Indiana State.

The new staff is:

Defensive coordinator: Jesse Minter

Linebackers: P.J. Volker

Defensive line: Shannon Jackson

Defensive backs: J.D. Williams

Offensive coordinator:

Offensive line: Harold Etheridge

Running backs:

Quarterbacks:

Wide receivers:
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 09:11 AM by panama.)
12-10-2012 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleditka Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS Eagles
RE: AJC: Miles adds another member to Georgia State staff
Didn'y yall hire Jagozinski as well?
12-10-2012 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
They were trying to, but it wasn't reported that they actually hired him yet. Jags would be a great hire, IMO.
12-10-2012 07:24 PM
panama Offline
Legend

Tuesday will be a great day
12-10-2012 11:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia State
(12-10-2012 07:24 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  They were trying to, but it wasn't reported that they actually hired him yet. Jags would be a great hire, IMO.

I keep thinking it's too good to be true, but the smoke is getting thicker and thicker. I think soon we'll know an official answer. And I think it will be a good day for GSU. This Trent Miles cat seems to be doing things right. We just hired a MWC coordinator as a position coach.
12-11-2012 01:22 AM
glsjunior Offline
Water Engineer

Georgia State: I have learned that former Boston College head coach Jeff Jagodzinski has accepted the offensive coordinator job at Georgia State. In addition, JD Williams will join the staff as defensive coordinator. Williams served in the same capacity at UNLV this season. Coachsearch.com
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 02:36 AM by glsjunior.)
12-11-2012 02:36 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(12-10-2012 11:13 PM)panama Wrote:  Tuesday will be a great day

:D
12-11-2012 06:20 AM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

(12-11-2012 02:36 AM)glsjunior Wrote:  Georgia State: I have learned that former Boston College head coach Jeff Jagodzinski has accepted the offensive coordinator job at Georgia State. In addition, JD Williams will join the staff as defensive coordinator. Williams served in the same capacity at UNLV this season. Coachsearch.com

Jesse Minter is our DC. Apparently, JD Williams will be our defensive backs coach.
12-11-2012 09:13 AM
panama Offline
Legend

RE: GSU: Coach Miles adds OC Jeff Jadgozinski & JD Williams to Georgia State staff
The Twitter rumblings of kids this staff is visiting is impressive. Especially the attempts to flip SEC and ACC commits.
12-11-2012 09:51 AM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
RE: GSU: Coach Miles adds OC Jeff Jadgozinski & JD Williams to Georgia State staff
I hope that Jesse Minter is better than his father Rick. Rick was DC at UK last year and was just horrible. He tried to play a 3-4 defense that doesn't work in the SEC. Kids were out of position all year. Sounds like a good staff is coming together at GS.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 10:02 AM by Libertygrad01.)
12-11-2012 10:02 AM
panama Offline
Legend

12-11-2012 10:06 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(12-11-2012 10:02 AM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  I hope that Jesse Minter is better than his father Rick. Rick was DC at UK last year and was just horrible. He tried to play a 3-4 defense that doesn't work in the SEC. Kids were out of position all year. Sounds like a good staff is coming together at GS.

Kentucky just doesnt have the players period to compete in the SEC.
12-11-2012 10:07 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Rick Minter is a good DC, and has been at several places, just you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t. Congrats on the hires GSU. This is on paper a very good staff. No guarantee of success but appears to be a good investment and hopefully it works out.
12-11-2012 10:08 AM
Dedsquirrl Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: USA Jaguars
Nice staff yall are assembling there.
12-11-2012 10:27 AM
panama Offline
Legend

@Niebuhr247: QB Cole Segraves of Colquitt County (Ga.) now hearing from #GaState ... http://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Segraves-7640

@gstateben: Duluth HS RB Jordan Dooley "@J_Dooley23: Georgia State came to talk today! They gonna be D-1 next ... @recruitingajc @niebuhr247

Tom Loy (@TomLoy247)
12/10/12 4:39 PM
#FSU commit Davin Bellamy and his mother met with a few coaches from Georgia State today.

Jeremy Fulcher ‏@JFulch_DaTruth
Just got another Georgia state offer just a minute ago another D1 man #sunbelt
12-11-2012 10:42 AM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

This staff appears to be hitting the ground running. Covering a lot of ground on the recruiting trail already. They've got some slack to pick up if we want to catch up to the rest of the SBC, but it appears they're hungry to do so.
12-11-2012 10:45 AM
Advertisement

Klak Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-11-2012 10:42 AM)panama Wrote:  @Niebuhr247: QB Cole Segraves of Colquitt County (Ga.) now hearing from #GaState ... http://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Segraves-7640

@gstateben: Duluth HS RB Jordan Dooley "@J_Dooley23: Georgia State came to talk today! They gonna be D-1 next ... @recruitingajc @niebuhr247

Tom Loy (@TomLoy247)
12/10/12 4:39 PM
#FSU commit Davin Bellamy and his mother met with a few coaches from Georgia State today.

Jeremy Fulcher ‏@JFulch_DaTruth
Just got another Georgia state offer just a minute ago another D1 man #sunbelt

Davin Bellamy has been in contact with every team in the southeast at this point. Southern was talking to him 2 weeks ago. He's still going to end up at FSU.
12-11-2012 10:51 AM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

(12-11-2012 10:51 AM)Klak Wrote:  Davin Bellamy has been in contact with every team in the southeast at this point. Southern was talking to him 2 weeks ago. He's still going to end up at FSU.

Nobody is saying we think we're actually going to flip him. We're excited because this coaching staff seems to be much more proactive. They're getting in front of these kids and we're hearing about it. Recruiting news was few a far between a couple of weeks ago. For the past week, I haven't gone a day without hearing about some kid getting visited, offered, etc...
12-11-2012 10:55 AM
panama Offline
Legend

Exactly. Its the attitude that says, I have all these kids within 5 to 10 miles of my campus. Why am I not talking to them? Coach Miles uses the example of how FSU was built. Many people do not remember that Florida used to have only one major football school (Florida). Miami and FSU were unknown. Blue chip kids would leave the state for Alabama, Georgia, Penn State and Notre Dame. Miami and FSU challenged that status quo in the late 1970's and it paid off. Last year 175 Georgia kids signed FBS scholarships. 135 left the state. The majority came from the Metro Atlanta area. Time to keep some home. Bellamy may not flip but he isnt the only already committed player we'rein front of. Eventually a 3 star or 4 star commit will flip.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 11:07 AM by panama.)
12-11-2012 11:06 AM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
(12-11-2012 10:07 AM)panama Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 10:02 AM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  I hope that Jesse Minter is better than his father Rick. Rick was DC at UK last year and was just horrible. He tried to play a 3-4 defense that doesn't work in the SEC. Kids were out of position all year. Sounds like a good staff is coming together at GS.

Kentucky just doesnt have the players period to compete in the SEC.

Joker Phillips was a train wreck of a coach at UK and Minter didn't help things. I agree about the number of SEC players on UK's roster, but losing to WKY is unacceptable
and Minter played a huge role in that. I attended every home game and a couple road games so trust me I've seen Rick Minters defense enough.
12-11-2012 11:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.