Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official Game Thread: James Madison (L 45-70)
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: James Madison (L 45-70)
Date: December 5th, 2012

Time: 7:00 PM

Opponent: James Madison (2-5, 0-0 CAA)

Place: JMU Convocation Center

Television: none

Webcast: MadiZone (Free)

Radio online: ETSUBucs.com (Free)

JMU 2012-2013 Schedule

JMU 2012-2013 Roster

JMU Message Board
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 08:43 PM by ETSUfan1.)
12-02-2012 09:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Official Game Thread: James Madison
JMU comes into this game at 2-5, with wins against Winthrop and Youngstown State, and losses against UCLA, Duquesne, North Dakota State, Miami (Ohio), and George Washington. Like us, they struggle to score; unlike us, they are not a good rebounding team.

JMU is led by KGG-like Rayshawn Goins, a 6'6" 265 lb forward who can shoot and rebound. In 7 games, Goins is averaging 15.4 & 8.3. In addition to Goins, JMU has two others double-digit scorers: 6'5" swingman Andre Nation (11.4 ppg-36% 3-pt) and 6'7" sharpshooting forward Andrey Semenov (10.5 ppg). After these big 3, JMU has 5 guys that average more than 5 ppg. Lastly, JMU has a 6'11" Virginia Tech transfer, but he's only averaging 4.5 mpg and 0 points.

When we played them last year in the dome, we beat them fairly handily. Of course, this year they have Goins back (he sat out last year), have added freshman stud, Andre Nation, and we're playing on the road. We're all well aware of how difficult it is to win on the road. 05-stirthepot

Bucs by 8.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 11:44 AM by Bucfaithful.)
12-02-2012 11:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Petey will miss the entire week and maybe more due to ankle injury:
http://johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/artic...?id=103628

The good news keeps coming in.
12-03-2012 08:04 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(12-03-2012 08:04 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  Petey will miss the entire week and maybe more due to ankle injury:
http://johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/artic...?id=103628

The good news keeps coming in.

And again we have to question why our players are always having these types of injuries? What are the coaches doing in practice to get all these players injured? I am really tired of it.
12-03-2012 08:22 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Just wow. Maybe you should just walk through practice at this point. I have a feeling a full court press by the opponent will destroy the Bucs.
12-03-2012 10:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slappywhite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: etsu
the question also has to be asked, why is there zero depth at that position (or any position)?
12-03-2012 10:13 PM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-03-2012 10:13 PM)slappywhite Wrote:  the question also has to be asked, why is there zero depth at that position (or any position)?

two guys kicked off, 1 guy hurt in preseason, 2 more hurt in season another out because of grades. He thought he was going to 12 guys, when you lose 6 hard to expect that. I don't like Bartow and I question if his practice habits are causing the guys to get hurt but I can't blame him for not having depth.

you only have 13 scholarship with a transfer hard to keep depth when lose half that.
He was expecting
Cooley,McClain.... Jones if needed
Dubose, Jones,Rembert, Mario
KGG. Wilson, Junior
Hunter,Walton,Wilson
Poderis,Walton
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 12:19 AM by RodShaw2.)
12-04-2012 12:17 AM
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

I can blame him. Those guys were seniors. Murry had to know about their behavior and kicked them off the team before the big stink. I speculate they demonstrated a little attitude along the way that typically goes with marijuana use.
12-04-2012 04:05 AM
PreseasonChamps Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-04-2012 04:05 AM)Mister Jennings Wrote:  I speculate they demonstrated a little attitude along the way that typically goes with marijuana use.

What?!
12-04-2012 07:29 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-04-2012 04:05 AM)Mister Jennings Wrote:  I can blame him. Those guys were seniors. Murry had to know about their behavior and kicked them off the team before the big stink. I speculate they demonstrated a little attitude along the way that typically goes with marijuana use.

Say what? 03-banghead03-banghead I am not even going to attempt to agrue, that is just such a silly statement nothing I could say.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 08:23 AM by RodShaw2.)
12-04-2012 08:22 AM
slappywhite Offline
Special Teams

(12-04-2012 12:17 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 10:13 PM)slappywhite Wrote:  the question also has to be asked, why is there zero depth at that position (or any position)?

two guys kicked off, 1 guy hurt in preseason, 2 more hurt in season another out because of grades. He thought he was going to 12 guys, when you lose 6 hard to expect that. I don't like Bartow and I question if his practice habits are causing the guys to get hurt but I can't blame him for not having depth.

you only have 13 scholarship with a transfer hard to keep depth when lose half that.
He was expecting
KGG. Wilson, Junior
Hunter,Walton,Wilson
Poderis,Walton

you are kidding...right?
12-04-2012 08:23 AM
Advertisement

swvabucsfan Offline
All American

(12-04-2012 07:29 AM)PreseasonChamps Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 04:05 AM)Mister Jennings Wrote:  I speculate they demonstrated a little attitude along the way that typically goes with marijuana use.

What?!

Come on, Mister, an occasional marijuana user is not going to look like Sean Penn in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" or Seth Rogen in "Pineapple Express". Cooley was an intense, focussed player on the floor. The opposite of the caricature of the confused, mellowed out stoner.

If it were that easy to tell, you wouldn't have millions of parents and coaches being surprised every year when they accidentally discover something that they had never suspected.
12-04-2012 08:26 AM
BartowZone Offline
2nd String

(12-04-2012 08:26 AM)swvabucsfan Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 07:29 AM)PreseasonChamps Wrote:  

What?!

Come on, Mister, an occasional marijuana user is not going to look like Sean Penn in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" or Seth Rogen in "Pineapple Express". Cooley was an intense, focussed player on the floor. The opposite of the caricature of the confused, mellowed out stoner.

If it were that easy to tell, you wouldn't have millions of parents and coaches being surprised every year when they accidentally discover something that they had never suspected.

Who says they were even using it? The only paraphernalia they were charged for was a couple sets of scales, meaning they were selling. I know etsu athletes in other sports who would refrain from their usage at least during the season/school year due to the random drug tests...
12-04-2012 08:44 AM
slappywhite Offline
Special Teams

(12-04-2012 08:23 AM)slappywhite Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 12:17 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  

He was expecting
KGG. Wilson, Junior
Hunter,Walton,Wilson
Poderis,Walton

you are kidding...right?

two kicked for selling drugs and one ineligible is a murray (program) problem, not bad luck.

the last three jucos (johnson, wilkinson, dubose) only gave you one "limited" year and are now gone. maybe murray could have recruited some freshmen who would be sophs or jr's this year with a little developement (coaching).

also, lets not forget, bruce grimm would be a senior this year. currently he is 22nd (19 ppg) in the nation in scoring and 5th (7 apg) in assists and was named an honorable mention naia all american last year.

ryan woumn would be a RS soph this year. he is the sixth man for his team playing 22 minutes per game.

i know, i know...its with smaller schools, but the asun is not exactly the ACC. plus, i cant see that either of these kids have missed games because of arrest or academic issues either.

murray's depth problem is a result of program management...or lack therof. no excuse
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 11:34 AM by slappywhite.)
12-04-2012 09:16 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Most people who are selling are doing it to pay for their habit. This mess is squarely on Murry, and while those guys may have been focused on the court, what they were doing like it or not IS ILLEGAL. Smoking it, posessing it, selling it.
We'll win this one with six guys.
12-04-2012 09:20 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-04-2012 09:20 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  Most people who are selling are doing it to pay for their habit. This mess is squarely on Murry, and while those guys may have been focused on the court, what they were doing like it or not IS ILLEGAL. Smoking it, posessing it, selling it.
We'll win this one with six guys.

The guys selling on the street yeah they are selling to support a habit.
The guys sending it in bulk though the mail etc are probably in it for the money. I knew a guy I grew up with, about 20 years ago he was selling it by the pounds and making damn good money. He never smoked it. It was it for one reason. the money, it was all great until he got caught.
12-04-2012 09:31 AM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Look I dislike.. okay HATE Bartow more then the next guy and yes he has made some questionable recruiting move etc. But NOBODY... and I mean NOBODY could predict this kind of total worse case scenario.
12-04-2012 09:34 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
They weren't making that much just slinging dope, which makes one wonder...
12-04-2012 09:39 AM
slappywhite Offline
Special Teams

(12-04-2012 09:34 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  Look I dislike.. okay HATE Bartow more then the next guy and yes he has made some questionable recruiting move etc. But NOBODY... and I mean NOBODY could predict this kind of total worse case scenario.

rod, nobody can predict it. but you can plan for it and have resources available to adjust for injuries, academic slip ups, etc...

this is a recruiting pattern with murray and it while it has ALWAYS hampered his programs (and been used by him as an excuse at etsu ad nauseum) this time it caught up with a vengence. he is completely responsible for the situation HE created.
12-04-2012 09:45 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
One way or the other I just hope it costs him his job.
12-04-2012 09:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.