Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

League Reduces ASU DB Don Jones Suspension
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Benson dropped his suspension to the first half of the MTSU game only. Nice break for him, as this will be his final home game as Red Wolf.
11-21-2012 10:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: League Reduces ASU DB Don Jones Suspension
Great. Now how many Troy players were suspended?
11-21-2012 11:47 AM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
From the Sun Belt Conference

The Sun Belt Conference has suspended two Troy University football players for a half game each following their actions in this past Saturday's game against Arkansas State.

Devon Terry and Brynden Trawick will both be suspended for a half game in Troy's upcoming game at Middle Tennessee on November 24.

Terry was penalized for "unnecessary roughness" in a situation where he made a high hit to the head and neck area of an opposing player. Trawick, meanwhile, was penalized for a "hit on a defenseless receiver" in which he made contact at the head and neck of an opposing player.

Though neither player was ejected from the game, both plays were subject to a postgame review based on the he NCAA Football Playing Rules Book which states that "when there is a foul called for initiating contact/targeting an opponent (Rules 9-1-3 and 9-1-4) that does not result in a player disqualification, there shall automatically be a video review by the conference for possible additional sanctions before the next scheduled game."

Video of the play from multiple camera angles was reviewed Monday, November 19 by the Sun Belt Conference, NCAA National Coordinator of Officials and Secretary-Rules Editor Rogers Redding, as well as an additional panel of coordinators of officials. The findings of the reviews were that both plays were indeed "targeting" fouls and that additional penalties needed to be assessed.

Troy University officials were notified on Monday that a review was in place regarding these penalties. They were then notified on Tuesday that each player would be suspended one half game.
11-21-2012 01:36 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

Alright got those Troy players - now what about the refs that blew that victory formation call?
11-21-2012 01:44 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

(11-21-2012 01:44 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Alright got those Troy players - now what about the refs that blew that victory formation call?

It was only for 1/2 game though....and they were allowed to stay in the game against us.
11-21-2012 01:47 PM
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

I think Trawick got off lucky missing only a half game. The other hit wasn't bad enough to warrant a suspension in my opinion.
11-21-2012 02:12 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Yeah, first hit was not really suspension worthy, the 2nd would have cost you 6 figures in the NFL. Im shocked the 2nd wasn't for a full game, leaving the feet, helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiever.
11-21-2012 02:37 PM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Troy
I agree with the suspension for Trawick (the hit in the endzone).

Devon Terry deffinately didn't dwarves to be suspended. It wasn't helmet to helmet and the receiver turned and ducked before the hit causing it to look alot worse than it was. If the guy wouldn't have ducked his head there would've never been a flag thrown.
11-21-2012 03:06 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

(11-21-2012 03:06 PM)TrojanNation Wrote:  I agree with the suspension for Trawick (the hit in the endzone).

Devon Terry deffinately didn't dwarves to be suspended. It wasn't helmet to helmet and the receiver turned and ducked before the hit causing it to look alot worse than it was. If the guy wouldn't have ducked his head there would've never been a flag thrown.

I agree.
11-21-2012 03:18 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(11-21-2012 03:06 PM)TrojanNation Wrote:  I agree with the suspension for Trawick (the hit in the endzone).

Agreed.
11-21-2012 03:30 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

Hell not sure DJ should have been penalized for this. Kicking him out of the game for it is a joke.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 04:02 PM by WinstonTheWolf.)
11-21-2012 04:01 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-21-2012 04:01 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Hell not sure DJ should have been penalized for this. Kicking him out of the game for it is a joke.

It was deserved. Keep in mind the officials probably never saw the player charge at him, which means it looks to them like Jones just randomly body slammed him. Thro in the league office wanting to make a statement after a game full of dirty play, and you get the half game suspension.;
11-21-2012 04:25 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

We used that argument with Q Lee. He sat four quarters :(
11-22-2012 11:56 PM
Advertisement

CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(11-22-2012 11:56 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Three schools known for being low down dirty in many sports in the Sun Belt. One of them is leaving to create chaos in CUSA, but we still love the other two, Troy, and WKU.

But back to FIU, their coach, and their history with Miami places them on a mountaintop. Game in game out you can expect a late hit, an out of bounds hit from this group.

In the penalty war stats: 10th place Troy(91 and 798 yard), 9th place FIU(989and 749), 7th place WKU(68 and 596 yards).
11-23-2012 09:18 AM
troyw Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy
(11-23-2012 09:18 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  

Three schools known for being low down dirty in many sports in the Sun Belt. One of them is leaving to create chaos in CUSA, but we still love the other two, Troy, and WKU.

But back to FIU, their coach, and their history with Miami places them on a mountaintop. Game in game out you can expect a late hit, an out of bounds hit from this group.

In the penalty war stats: 10th place Troy(91 and 798 yard), 9th place FIU(989and 749), 7th place WKU(68 and 596 yards).

Really? I can see the argument for football but what other sports are you referring to?
11-23-2012 09:53 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-23-2012 09:53 AM)troyw Wrote:  
(11-23-2012 09:18 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  

Really? I can see the argument for football but what other sports are you referring to?

Id say continually kicking our teeth in every single baseball season for 4 straight years was pretty dirty. Normal teams at least give us a chance to win.
11-23-2012 11:37 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Treverance Patt was flagged and ejected for absolutely destroying a Jags WR in the Redzone. He led with his shoulder,but did hit him a little high. It was by far the hardest hit I have seen in CFB this season. Also, the play did not result in any injury.

I am sure he will be suspended for FAU.
11-25-2012 12:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.