RE: GUYS! Most important CUSA game tomorrow! 12 EST UCF @ Tulsa
What network?
11-17-2012 04:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
szullo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Boise State
REALLY hope you guys win. One, it gives us bragging rights over the CUSA teams (god knows if a nCUSA team wins the conference they'll never let us live it down) two, if UCF wins out they might end the year in the top 25 and three, if SMU beats Rice and then Tulsa next week, we'd have an all nBE CUSA Championship game. That might be a bit of wishful thinking, but who knows it could happen.
11-17-2012 06:31 AM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
(11-17-2012 04:32 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  What network?

Fox Sports Net
11-17-2012 08:15 AM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
Short term importance is that winner should end up hosting the C-USA title game, probably against the losing team. UCF and Tulsa should end up winning their divisions
11-17-2012 08:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Game is obviously a big one for Tulsa and UCF...but regardless of the outcome, the winner can't get too high and the loser can't get too low...as odds are, those same two teams will have to play each other again in the CUSA Championship Game in 2 weeks.

Tulsa is averaging 280 plus yards rushing in CUSA games...UCF is averaging around 220 yds rushing.

For UCF to win today, still think UCF QB Blake Bortles will have to have a BIG GAME...as Tulsa will probably try and stack the box to stop/slow down UCF RB Murray...which should put some UCF WR in man-to-man situations.

UCF has done a good job in not "shooting themselves in the foot"...but which ever team can score pts off turnovers...that might ultimately decide the outcome.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2012 11:00 AM by KnightLight.)
11-17-2012 10:48 AM
Advertisement

bearcat PACO Offline
Banned

I Root For: June 1st 2009
An important game to decide the worst conference in college football!
11-17-2012 10:52 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(11-17-2012 03:04 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  Nm.

"Just win baby"! 07-coffee3
11-17-2012 10:53 AM
CheeseSndwch Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Univ. Houston
Go Knights! 02-13-banana
11-17-2012 10:59 AM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

The only reason CUSA and every other conference is considered the worst conference is due to the so called big boys will not schedule on a regular basis, and when they do they look for outs every yearso they can book another team due to TV. I think if the conferences outside of the circle jerk of the big5 would co.e to some sort of scheduling agreement the SOS would improve then those who are fotunate enough to get a game would have the opportunity to make some noise, but to do so they will need to run the table. Are conferences don't suck its the perception the bigger conference place on us for if they would schedule us they would see first hand that we are more relevant than what they think.
11-17-2012 11:17 AM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

That was suppose to read CIRCLE first word and JERK on the second.
11-17-2012 11:19 AM
Advertisement

bearcat PACO Offline
Banned

I Root For: June 1st 2009
(11-17-2012 11:17 AM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  The only reason CUSA and every other conference is considered the worst conference is due to the so called big boys will not schedule on a regular basis, and when they do they look for outs every yearso they can book another team due to TV. I think if the conferences outside of the ****** **** of the big5 would co.e to some sort of scheduling agreement the SOS would improve then those who are fotunate enough to get a game would have the opportunity to make some noise, but to do so they will need to run the table. Are conferences don't suck its the perception the bigger conference place on us for if they would schedule us they would see first hand that we are more relevant than what they think.

Sorry, but based on the Sagarin rankings, Conference USA is in fact the worst division 1-A football conference. Schools in that conference have had games against Missouri, Ohio State (x2), Baylor, TCU, Iowa State, Arkansas, Kansas, UCLA, West Virginia, etc. So it is not like big schools didn't schedule schools from C-USA, in fact the large number of them may be why they are statistically the worst conference.
11-17-2012 11:33 AM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(11-17-2012 11:33 AM)bearcat PACO Wrote:  
(11-17-2012 11:17 AM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  The only reason CUSA and every other conference is considered the worst conference is due to the so called big boys will not schedule on a regular basis, and when they do they look for outs every yearso they can book another team due to TV. I think if the conferences outside of the ****** **** of the big5 would co.e to some sort of scheduling agreement the SOS would improve then those who are fotunate enough to get a game would have the opportunity to make some noise, but to do so they will need to run the table. Are conferences don't suck its the perception the bigger conference place on us for if they would schedule us they would see first hand that we are more relevant than what they think.

Sorry, but based on the Sagarin rankings, Conference USA is in fact the worst division 1-A football conference. Schools in that conference have had games against Missouri, Ohio State (x2), Baylor, TCU, Iowa State, Arkansas, Kansas, UCLA, West Virginia, etc. So it is not like big schools didn't schedule schools from C-USA, in fact the large number of them may be why they are statistically the worst conference.

Besides Ohio State those others are the cream puffs of their conferences. It is a shame then if those teams had such winnable games on the schedule and didn't take advantage of it. I still have a hard time seeing them be the worst conference, but numbers don't lie. Still someone each and every year is going to be amongst the worst conference not that that is what they are hoping to achieve, but just something that takes place unfortunately.
11-17-2012 11:43 AM
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

Good Luck Knights!
Louisville fans are pulling for you.
CJ
11-17-2012 11:46 AM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
If UCF beats Tulsa, SMU still has a shot at the west title
11-17-2012 11:51 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(11-17-2012 11:33 AM)bearcat PACO Wrote:  Schools in that conference have had games against Missouri, Ohio State (x2), Baylor, TCU, Iowa State, Arkansas, Kansas, UCLA, West Virginia, etc.

Sadly, as in most years, a majority of biggest games were on the road this season for CUSA teams:

at Ohio State: UCF and UAB
at Iowa State: Tulsa
at Arkansas: Tulsa
at UCLA: Houston
at West Virginia: Marshall

CUSA had some big non-conf wins last year...as most of the top CUSA teams in 2011 had 5th year QB's (Tulsa, USM, ECU...Houston had a 6th year QB).

With both Houston and USM losing their head coaches this past winter and a lot of their top Asst Coaches, along with their 5th/6th year QB's...its been a huge rebuilding year for both.

Also, last year, a .7-6 CUSA team, Marshall, won on the ROAD at Big East Conf Co-Champ Louisville last year (Herd is just 4-6 this season) and same for Sunbelt Team FIU, who won at Louisville last year on the way to a 8-5 season, but this year, are just 3-8.

Good non-BCS teams generally have a much harder time to "rebuild" than most BCS teams...as non-BCS teams can and do have great seasons (see Houston, USM last year) but its much harder for them to have Top 25 type seasons year after year....something only Boise St has been able to do.

MAC teams have had a lot of Big non-conf wins this year...something they haven't been able to do much of in the past, year in and year out.

Conf strength goes up/down for every conf....believe non-bcs conf have much larger swings...as their programs have a much harder time to rebuild if they hit the jackpot with a certain senior/junior class.
11-17-2012 11:59 AM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

2nd Q update:

Tulsa leads 10-7....kind of a slugfest...both teams have approx 165 of offense.

Big play of a game was a 70 yd TD pass/run by Tulsa...as UCF safety blew his coverage.
11-17-2012 01:14 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

UCF gets a 79 yd INT TD return.

UCF leads Tulsa 14-10 with 2 mins left in 2nd Q.
11-17-2012 01:28 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

Halftime:

UCF 14, Tulsa 10

Tulsa gets the 2nd half kickoff (and the wind)...Momentum might swing either way on the opening 2nd half drive.
11-17-2012 01:46 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

Tulsa gets 2 TD drives to start the 2nd half...hurry up offense has hurt UCF's D adjustments.

Tulsa leads 23-14 as one PAT was blocked.
11-17-2012 02:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.