Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Troy vs Arkansas State - Predictions & Thoughts
Bookmark and Share
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Troy vs Arkansas State - Predictions & Thoughts
It's been a long time since I've made a prediction for my own team and its not looking like today will be that day either. I do have some thoughts and I created this thread more so to open it up for you guys so I'll keep it short. I do think Arkansas State is a slightly better team at this point, but who knows if Troy will play up and over Arkansas State or if the red wolves will have a let down. Should be a high scoring game based on recent play.

A lot of people have said this game will come down to one team having a few more defensive stops and it very well could. Though I think special teams can play a role in this game too where Troy has a clear advantage. Just my opinion of course. Those of you driving down have a safe trip from Arkansas! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 01:35 PM by TroyFootball05.)
11-16-2012 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: Troy vs Arkansas State - Predictions & Thoughts
I think stAte wins this one.
11-16-2012 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(11-16-2012 01:31 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  I think stAte wins this one.

Yeah. I think stAte wins this one BUT I want Troy to win.
11-16-2012 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
I say ASU wins.

But If Troy's Offense of the last 2 games shows up and our defense can get at least a couple stops I say we win.
11-16-2012 02:13 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Troy scares me simply because of their offense. The question is, can our defense continue its strong play against a much better offensive squad.

Our games in Troy are almost always close it seems...
11-16-2012 02:26 PM
Advertisement

JSinLR Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(11-16-2012 01:26 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  It's been a long time since I've made a prediction for my own team and its not looking like today will be that day either. I do have some thoughts and I created this thread more so to open it up for you guys so I'll keep it short. I do think Arkansas State is a slightly better team at this point, but who knows if Troy will play up and over Arkansas State or if the red wolves will have a let down. Should be a high scoring game based on recent play.

A lot of people have said this game will come down to one team having a few more defensive stops and it very well could. Though I think special teams can play a role in this game too where Troy has a clear advantage. Just my opinion of course. Those of you driving down have a safe trip from Arkansas! 04-cheers

Man it's hard to say what to expect in this game. Stats say ASU should win because our defense is a bit better than Troy's. But with that said Troy's offense appears to be a little better than ASU's offense just based on numbers. They say offense is for the fans and defense is for championships...we'll see. Special teams could make a difference...ASU's has improved but it's not great, especially our punt team & KO team. When I say that its specifically the punter and the kicker. We've had a few shanked punts and a few KOs out of bounds but coverage by both has been good. Not real good in the Punt return game.

Our defense has made a difference in the last 5 games by getting turnovers and our offense has been good at protecting the ball. If we do that we will win despite our special teams.

I expect both teams to move the ball well...I just expect our defense will get 2 or 3 more stops than Troy and that will be the game. Our defense has really grown and matured considering we had only 3-4 starters returning.
11-16-2012 06:52 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(11-16-2012 01:26 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  It's been a long time since I've made a prediction for my own team and its not looking like today will be that day either. I do have some thoughts and I created this thread more so to open it up for you guys so I'll keep it short. I do think Arkansas State is a slightly better team at this point, but who knows if Troy will play up and over Arkansas State or if the red wolves will have a let down. Should be a high scoring game based on recent play.

If ASU plays like the team that won at ULL then they will win handily. If there is any backsliding, loss of focus, looking ahead, or overlooking a dangerous Troy then Troy wins it. I think it is ASU's game to lose if they want to.
11-16-2012 07:05 PM
Advertisement

TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
I think whoever has the best QB play will win because I predict a terrible day if you like defense. In that regard State should win.

Navy was a great win for us but I think we only won that because we matched up so well against them. Stop the run 40% of the time and focus on passing.
11-16-2012 07:09 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I hope everyone will watch the game. It's set to air on espn3.com. I'll be there as always...and I've been invited to sit in a skybox again. Hooray! 02-13-banana
11-16-2012 08:12 PM
Advertisement

trojanblood Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I will just say this, next to the TROY/NAVY game, the TROY/stAte game will be the highlight game of the year for me. Two high octane offenses going at it, it will come down to who wants it more!

FOR THE LOVE OF TROY!
11-17-2012 09:07 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
Whoever has the ball last
11-17-2012 09:52 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
GEAUX Trojans!

It doesn't matter unless the Cajuns win!
11-17-2012 10:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.