Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

West Virginia remembers Wacker.
Bookmark and Share
Lonestar Lizard Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TCU - UT-Arl.
West Virginia remembers Wacker.
As a TCU fan it was pretty neat to read this article from the West Virginia Metro News about TCU and one of our favorite old coaches, Jim Wacker. The author is right, we could use a few more Jim Wackers in todays world. RIP Jim.

http://www.wvmetronews.com/wvu.cfm?func=...ryid=56016
11-03-2012 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: West Virginia remembers Wacker.
Were you at the game, LL? The wife and I were sitting right in the middle of all the TCU fans, in the end zone where almost all the action in the game took place. We enjoyed the company, even if the game didn't quite turn out as I'd have liked...

We even had one TCU fan come onto our tour bus as we were about ready to head back to Charleston. He came to talk a little smack, meet and greet folks, and seemed like a decent chap...

There was one incident involving a fight between TCU and WVU fans in one of the designated smoking areas behind one of the beer selling vendors in the end zone near where I was. I think it was because somebody pinched a woman's butt, and her boyfriend took exception. At least, that was the rumor. I saw the woman. If somebody pinched her butt, he must have missed his intended target. She was fat and ugly...

I've been at my mother's place - without power until last night - when the wife and I got back from the game around 11:30pm. We're thinking about making a return trip for next year's TCU game in Ft. Worth. I told all the TCU fans I saw I'd be coming down to see the Mountaineers pay y'all back next season. I kept telling them not to let the frogs do that 01-rivals anymore, whenever TCU scored. But it never worked...

All in all, it was an enjoyable trip, even if the game did go south for WVU. Congrats to TCU, and their classy fans...
04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 06:36 PM by bitcruncher.)
11-04-2012 06:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lonestar Lizard Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TCU - UT-Arl.
No Bit, I didn't get to come to the game. Would have loved to make the trip, just couldn't this year. Hope you and your Mrs. can come to Ft. Worth next year. I think you will enjoy your trip down here. Keep in mind though, most of these TCU players you saw this year are only Sophomores and Freshmen. We will be tough, especially at home over the next 3 or 4 years, IMO. Who knows what will happen by then though.
11-04-2012 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I'm not overly concerned about our talent loss. WVU gets everyone back on defense, and though the offense loses a number of players, including Geno, Tavon (most likely Steddy as well), and the middle of the offensive line (the weak point of the O-line IMO), I actually think WVU will be better next year. The Mountaineers are pretty young everywhere, except at the skill positions. But there are quite a few kids being redshirted that will contribute, and Holgorsen still has another class coming in that has yet to be filled...

The wife and I are seriously considering coming to Ft. Worth next year. Her Uncle Jim is from Ft. Worth and graduated from TCU (class of '49). Also, I used to live in the DFW area when I was still working for Custer Construction in the oilfields. It would be nice to revisit some of my old stomping grounds - and get some revenge in the process... 05-mafia

If I come down, we'll have to get together... 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 11:12 PM by bitcruncher.)
11-04-2012 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.