Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JagsJungle.com joins 247Sports
Bookmark and Share
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
JagsJungle.com joins 247Sports
As of this morning we are part of the 247Sports Network. Their technology and philosophy is really advanced, to we are very excited about the move.
You can still get us through http://www.JagsJungle.com or directly at http://www.southalabama.247sports.com
11-01-2012 09:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
RE: JagsJungle.com joins 247Sports
(11-01-2012 09:33 AM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  As of this morning we are part of the 247Sports Network. Their technology and philosophy is really advanced, to we are very excited about the move.
You can still get us through http://www.JagsJungle.com or directly at http://www.southalabama.247sports.com

Awesome news.

I am REALLY warming up to 24/7 for recruiting. They seem to be much better than Rivals these days and a lot of the Rivals guys have gone over there.
11-01-2012 09:46 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
24/7 is great IMO. ECU had a board join the 24/7sports network a few months back. It has been really good and I really like their recruiting coverage.
11-01-2012 10:08 AM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
So far, so good. 247 does seem to have a good grasp on recruiting. Go Jags!
11-01-2012 10:20 AM
RidgeRunner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GSU
The whole idea of having our own individual web sites is it is all about "my" team. 24/7 is not from what I can see. Hope our guys stick to being independent.
11-01-2012 11:56 AM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(11-01-2012 11:56 AM)RidgeRunner Wrote:  The whole idea of having our own individual web sites is it is all about "my" team. 24/7 is not from what I can see. Hope our guys stick to being independent.

It's the best technology out there. Mobile friendly.

You apparently don't get various boards for multiple topics but you have your local content.
11-01-2012 12:20 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-01-2012 11:56 AM)RidgeRunner Wrote:  The whole idea of having our own individual web sites is it is all about "my" team. 24/7 is not from what I can see. Hope our guys stick to being independent.

Not sure I follow. We still have the same main contributor/publisher (AJ), and have the bonus of getting more in depth and more frequent recruiting news/coverage through 247.

FYI - So AJ informed us, 247 was started by the founder of Rivals, after waiting a couple of years for his non-compete clause to expire after having sold Rivals to Yahoo.
11-01-2012 12:39 PM
Advertisement

AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(11-01-2012 12:39 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  

Not sure I follow. We still have the same main contributor/publisher (AJ), and have the bonus of getting more in depth and more frequent recruiting news/coverage through 247.

FYI - So AJ informed us, 247 was started by the founder of Rivals, after waiting a couple of years for his non-compete clause to expire after having sold Rivals to Yahoo.

Ditto here. It's everything we had before plus more information.
Total win.

(and, yes the mobile technology is really awesome).
11-01-2012 12:43 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Great site, IMO. Happy to be a part of 247Sports, but I understand there will always be those that will disagree. Makes 'em happy.
11-01-2012 01:02 PM
Advertisement

HCJag Offline
All American

Even though there was nothing wrong with the previous JagsJungle, I've always thought we'd be better off being part of a national site. Exposure and page hits go up, opposing fans and other lurkers find it easier to browse or post without creating new accounts, and like somebody else said, recruiting coverage is immensely better. I liked the old Scout site, and after passing through the new site I think I might like it better. At least it passed the eye test.
11-01-2012 04:47 PM
RidgeRunner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GSU
(11-01-2012 04:47 PM)HCJag Wrote:  Even though there was nothing wrong with the previous JagsJungle, I've always thought we'd be better off being part of a national site. Exposure and page hits go up, opposing fans and other lurkers find it easier to browse or post without creating new accounts, and like somebody else said, recruiting coverage is immensely better. I liked the old Scout site, and after passing through the new site I think I might like it better. At least it passed the eye test.
So you are saying that recruiting info is right there reducing your need to go out and search for it. That is a plus.
11-02-2012 01:47 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-02-2012 01:47 PM)RidgeRunner Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 04:47 PM)HCJag Wrote:  Even though there was nothing wrong with the previous JagsJungle, I've always thought we'd be better off being part of a national site. Exposure and page hits go up, opposing fans and other lurkers find it easier to browse or post without creating new accounts, and like somebody else said, recruiting coverage is immensely better. I liked the old Scout site, and after passing through the new site I think I might like it better. At least it passed the eye test.
So you are saying that recruiting info is right there reducing your need to go out and search for it. That is a plus.

Yeah, go take a look. http://www.jagsjungle.com
11-02-2012 02:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.