Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Texas State @ Utah State
Bookmark and Share
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
Texas State @ Utah State
Texas State is once again up against a very good Utah State team in Logan, Utah. Texas State had lost by 11 to San Jose State with the line was at 20.5. Las Vegas is setting the line at 27 for Utah State.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 08:03 AM by Cat79.)
10-30-2012 08:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
RE: Texas State @ Utah State
(10-30-2012 08:02 AM)Cat79 Wrote:  Texas State is once again up against a very good Utah State team in Logan, Utah. Texas State had lost by 11 to San Jose State with the line was at 20.5. Las Vegas is setting the line at 27 for Utah State.

What's the line on Franny NOT making any half time adjustments, particularly if we happen to have a halftime lead . . . .
10-30-2012 11:26 AM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
Texas State will make it much much closer than that. Utah State is set up for a fall...just not their year this year, it's Tech's.

I think Texas State wins by at least 4.
10-30-2012 11:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-30-2012 11:26 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(10-30-2012 08:02 AM)Cat79 Wrote:  Texas State is once again up against a very good Utah State team in Logan, Utah. Texas State had lost by 11 to San Jose State with the line was at 20.5. Las Vegas is setting the line at 27 for Utah State.

What's the line on Franny NOT making any half time adjustments, particularly if we happen to have a halftime lead . . . .

Bobcat87

Did you play football in High School? I had played QB and Wide Receiver in high school. There are adjustments being made but the coaches are limited by the talent gap. The adjustments have a lot to do with personnel on the team. We are not at the depth to make mass changes at half. I have heard this from a couple of reliable sources close to the team. We are playing with undersized FCS players in key positions like DT and DE and secondary. Offensively, Arndt has difficulty with running the option. His foot speed and coordination of the option and making proper pitches are not there or he would be starting. He is a pure pocket passer. It sounds simple but I had to run the option in high school. You have to be mentally tough to handle the abuse you take as a QB and make the proper read on the defense or you will be toast.
Rutherford is who gives us the best chance to win but his limitations ride with only being able to throw intermediate routes or flat routes to receivers. If you have played football in high school you know that opposing teams seem to utilitze a stack 8 in the box to stop the run and force us to pass. Rutherford is then forced to make passes that the defense allows. The only change San Jose State made at half was to employ the stack 8 with dropping some LB's back for coverage at times.

The coaches are having to add wrinkles in our system every week just to gameplan for each team to keep opposing teams off balance. The coaches have juggled personnel around to make up for losing our best wide receiver and two running backs being banged up for most our our games. We had finally got two of our starting offensive linemen back against San Jose State. We have to be patient. What did you expect for our first year of FBS. I was shocked when we defeated Houston. Houston is a much more talented team than us by a mile. The next two teams are loaded with FBS talent. We are going to have to gameplan with tricks and gadget plays to throw them off and most teams adjust to that in the second half. We are losing ground in the third quarter if you look at the stats. Rutherford is needing to mature as a QB and step up and figure a way around the stack 8. I am not trying to be disrespectful but have offered my two cents worth as a former QB and Wide Out..
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 12:57 PM by Cat79.)
10-30-2012 12:33 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

Thats the closest thing to a guarantee you'll ever see in betting.
10-30-2012 01:29 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(10-30-2012 12:33 PM)Cat79 Wrote:  Did you play football in High School? I had played QB and Wide Receiver in high school.

Sorry, I don't do this often but....

LOL

You playing high school ball gives you no insight.

How can I say this? I played college ball. There are some adjustments being made, but it's always a more conservative approach.

His adjustments at halftime are HORRIBLE. Proof is in the pudding because of the amount of points scored in the second half of games.
10-30-2012 01:57 PM
Advertisement

YouCanUseaMint Offline
2nd String

(10-30-2012 01:57 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(10-30-2012 12:33 PM)Cat79 Wrote:  Did you play football in High School? I had played QB and Wide Receiver in high school.

Sorry, I don't do this often but....

LOL

You playing high school ball gives you no insight.

How can I say this? I played college ball. There are some adjustments being made, but it's always a more conservative approach.

His adjustments at halftime are HORRIBLE. Proof is in the pudding because of the amount of points scored in the second half of games.

I agree - especially when SFA comes back to nearly beat us based on their second half adjustments.
10-30-2012 02:38 PM
YouCanUseaMint Offline
2nd String

(10-30-2012 11:36 AM)TampaKnight Wrote:  Texas State will make it much much closer than that. Utah State is set up for a fall...just not their year this year, it's Tech's.

I think Texas State wins by at least 4.

ehhhh, I'm not sure if it's Tech's year. Sure they have an explosive offense, but how many points did they give up to Houston the week after we held them to 13?

I think this might be Utah State's year
10-30-2012 02:41 PM
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Line is down to 26
10-31-2012 05:38 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(10-30-2012 12:33 PM)Cat79 Wrote:  

Bobcat87

Did you play football in High School? I had played QB and Wide Receiver in high school. There are adjustments being made but the coaches are limited by the talent gap. The adjustments have a lot to do with personnel on the team. We are not at the depth to make mass changes at half. I have heard this from a couple of reliable sources close to the team. We are playing with undersized FCS players in key positions like DT and DE and secondary. Offensively, Arndt has difficulty with running the option. His foot speed and coordination of the option and making proper pitches are not there or he would be starting. He is a pure pocket passer. It sounds simple but I had to run the option in high school. You have to be mentally tough to handle the abuse you take as a QB and make the proper read on the defense or you will be toast.
Rutherford is who gives us the best chance to win but his limitations ride with only being able to throw intermediate routes or flat routes to receivers. If you have played football in high school you know that opposing teams seem to utilitze a stack 8 in the box to stop the run and force us to pass. Rutherford is then forced to make passes that the defense allows. The only change San Jose State made at half was to employ the stack 8 with dropping some LB's back for coverage at times.

The coaches are having to add wrinkles in our system every week just to gameplan for each team to keep opposing teams off balance. The coaches have juggled personnel around to make up for losing our best wide receiver and two running backs being banged up for most our our games. We had finally got two of our starting offensive linemen back against San Jose State. We have to be patient. What did you expect for our first year of FBS. I was shocked when we defeated Houston. Houston is a much more talented team than us by a mile. The next two teams are loaded with FBS talent. We are going to have to gameplan with tricks and gadget plays to throw them off and most teams adjust to that in the second half. We are losing ground in the third quarter if you look at the stats. Rutherford is needing to mature as a QB and step up and figure a way around the stack 8. I am not trying to be disrespectful but have offered my two cents worth as a former QB and Wide Out..

Cat 79 - WOW, I threw the line out there mostly for "Grins & Giggles." Was not expecting anyone to play the "Did you play football in high school" card & then provide a lecture on a lot of stuff I already know. AND the answer to your question is Yes, yes I did play football in high school .. . it was a lot of FUN . . especially the half time adjustments part . . .As to your other question, What did I expect for our first year of FBS? We're BOBCATS, I expect to WIN each and every time our team takes the field. Do you thing that the GREAT Jim Wacker lead his teams onto the field in the hopes of losing? I DON'T THINK SO . . Teams take the field to win each and every game, on the road, or at home, 5A, DIII, DII, I-AA AND YES FBS. (Insert Patton Theme music here)

Men, all this stuff you've heard about Bobcats not wanting to play, wanting to stay out of games, is a lot of horse dung. Bobcats love to play. All real Bobcats love the sting of battle. Bobcats love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Bobcats play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a Coach who lost and laughed. We're not just gonna beat the ba******; we're gonna cut out their living guts and use 'em to grease out cleats. We're gonna murder 'em by the bushel. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your teammates face, you'll know what to do. I don't want to get any messages that we're hoding onto our position. We're not holding onto anything, except the opposition. We're gonna grab him by the nose and we're gonna kick him in the a**. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time . . . When you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when your grandson asks "What did you do in the Great FBS?," You won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled sh** in Louisiana."
Alright, now you know how I feel, and as it says in the signature: Supporting ALL things BOBCAT since 1899 . . . even YOU.
10-31-2012 08:02 AM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(10-31-2012 08:02 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  Cat 79 - WOW, I threw the line out there mostly for "Grins & Giggles." Was not expecting anyone to play the "Did you play football in high school" card & then provide a lecture on a lot of stuff I already know. AND the answer to your question is Yes, yes I did play football in high school .. . it was a lot of FUN . . especially the half time adjustments part . . .As to your other question, What did I expect for our first year of FBS? We're BOBCATS, I expect to WIN each and every time our team takes the field. Do you thing that the GREAT Jim Wacker lead his teams onto the field in the hopes of losing? I DON'T THINK SO . . Teams take the field to win each and every game, on the road, or at home, 5A, DIII, DII, I-AA AND YES FBS. (Insert Patton Theme music here)

Men, all this stuff you've heard about Bobcats not wanting to play, wanting to stay out of games, is a lot of horse dung. Bobcats love to play. All real Bobcats love the sting of battle. Bobcats love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Bobcats play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a Coach who lost and laughed. We're not just gonna beat the ba******; we're gonna cut out their living guts and use 'em to grease out cleats. We're gonna murder 'em by the bushel. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your teammates face, you'll know what to do. I don't want to get any messages that we're hoding onto our position. We're not holding onto anything, except the opposition. We're gonna grab him by the nose and we're gonna kick him in the a**. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time . . . When you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when your grandson asks "What did you do in the Great FBS?," You won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled sh** in Louisiana."
Alright, now you know how I feel, and as it says in the signature: Supporting ALL things BOBCAT since 1899 . . . even YOU.[/b]

Funny, I expect us to find defeat from the jaws of victory every time. It happens too regularly (4th quarter meltdowns, late inning pitching problems, the start of basketball season) My wife and I breath a huge of relief every time the final guns sounds.
10-31-2012 08:48 AM
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-31-2012 08:48 AM)chrisattsu Wrote:  
(10-31-2012 08:02 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  Cat 79 - WOW, I threw the line out there mostly for "Grins & Giggles." Was not expecting anyone to play the "Did you play football in high school" card & then provide a lecture on a lot of stuff I already know. AND the answer to your question is Yes, yes I did play football in high school .. . it was a lot of FUN . . especially the half time adjustments part . . .As to your other question, What did I expect for our first year of FBS? We're BOBCATS, I expect to WIN each and every time our team takes the field. Do you thing that the GREAT Jim Wacker lead his teams onto the field in the hopes of losing? I DON'T THINK SO . . Teams take the field to win each and every game, on the road, or at home, 5A, DIII, DII, I-AA AND YES FBS. (Insert Patton Theme music here)

Alright, now you know how I feel, and as it says in the signature: Supporting ALL things BOBCAT since 1899 . . . even YOU.[/b]

Funny, I expect us to find defeat from the jaws of victory every time. It happens too regularly (4th quarter meltdowns, late inning pitching problems, the start of basketball season) My wife and I breath a huge of relief every time the final guns sounds.

crees....you're my kind of fan! i expect the absolute worst out of any squad i follow. i suffer the 'bundy curse' with my sports teams. sometimes they can overcome my impending doom that i drag around like the cloud of dirt that follows pigpen...sometimes they can't.
10-31-2012 08:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
Hell yeah Bobcat87! We are Texas Fing State University. It's time to tap into our alumni, students,fan base, and crank this party up!!! No more negative nonsense, give, support, grow, and repeat whether it be good times or bad times.
10-31-2012 12:38 PM
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-31-2012 08:02 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

Bobcat87

Cat 79 - WOW, I threw the line out there mostly for "Grins & Giggles." Was not expecting anyone to play the "Did you play football in high school" card & then provide a lecture on a lot of stuff I already know. AND the answer to your question is Yes, yes I did play football in high school .. . it was a lot of FUN . . especially the half time adjustments part . . .As to your other question, What did I expect for our first year of FBS? We're BOBCATS, I expect to WIN each and every time our team takes the field. Do you thing that the GREAT Jim Wacker lead his teams onto the field in the hopes of losing? I DON'T THINK SO . . Teams take the field to win each and every game, on the road, or at home, 5A, DIII, DII, I-AA AND YES FBS. (Insert Patton Theme music here)

Alright, now you know how I feel, and as it says in the signature: Supporting ALL things BOBCAT since 1899 . . . even YOU.

I am good with that Bobcat87. I have to hear all these guys that wanted us to hire Tim Brewster put Fran down. That Brewster guy had Minnesota's football program in shambles when he was fired. Where is Brewster now if he was so great.
11-01-2012 09:53 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(11-01-2012 09:53 PM)Cat79 Wrote:  
(10-31-2012 08:02 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

Bobcat87

I am good with that Bobcat87. I have to hear all these guys that wanted us to hire Tim Brewster put Fran down. That Brewster guy had Minnesota's football program in shambles when he was fired. Where is Brewster now if he was so great.

Don't know who Brewster is . . . as far as Fran, I thought he did a good job in his first go round . . I do understand the issues facing him as he transitions to "Big Boy Football" . . Like a lot of fans, I'm sure that there are times that I/we get impatient; however, I do believe that more can/should be done as it pertains to making adjustments in the 2nd half, just my opinion . . . and as far as what I really expected this season: I'm on record with 4 wins . . at this point (Thanks to the Houston surprise) 5 now looks possible . . . . GO CATS / GO SBC!
11-02-2012 07:52 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(11-01-2012 09:53 PM)Cat79 Wrote:  I am good with that Bobcat87. I have to hear all these guys that wanted us to hire Tim Brewster put Fran down. That Brewster guy had Minnesota's football program in shambles when he was fired. Where is Brewster now if he was so great.

Your argument against Brewster is not really valid, because let's be honest: If Fran wasn't our coach, do you really think he'd have a job elsewhere?

Just because the coach isn't currently coaching doesn't mean he's automatically bad.
11-02-2012 12:50 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

Fran like Brewster is good at recruiting. Brewster struggled coaching and Fran takes a nap after halftime. Seem a lot alike.
11-02-2012 01:16 PM
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-02-2012 12:50 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 09:53 PM)Cat79 Wrote:  I am good with that Bobcat87. I have to hear all these guys that wanted us to hire Tim Brewster put Fran down. That Brewster guy had Minnesota's football program in shambles when he was fired. Where is Brewster now if he was so great.

Your argument against Brewster is not really valid, because let's be honest: If Fran wasn't our coach, do you really think he'd have a job elsewhere?

Just because the coach isn't currently coaching doesn't mean he's automatically bad.

Your boy Brewster is receivers coach at Miss State. Minnesota had offered him the head coach job without even being a coordinator for a college team. He was always in a position coach role. I have heard enough talk of his recruiting abilities at Texas U. Who has not recruited well at Texas U with all of their money
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 02:56 PM by Cat79.)
11-02-2012 02:15 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
A two page thread of bobcat fans talking to other bobcat fans about a wac football game on the Sun Belt board. Priceless !03-lmfao
11-02-2012 06:46 PM
chazg Offline
Bench Warmer

Just about as great as UNT fans discussing things with other UNT fans on the CUSA board.
11-02-2012 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.