Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Asked the FCS Homers....
Bookmark and Share
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
Asked the FCS Homers....
I decided to have a little fun and ask the good folks over at http://www.anygivensaturday.com what they thought of this season's SBC.

Here is a link.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthre...ce-of-2012
10-24-2012 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

joshdude182 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
RE: Asked the FCS Homers....
And so far.......no responses.
10-24-2012 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

Yeah, I JUST posted it. I expect to have some responses by tomorow.
10-24-2012 10:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joshdude182 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(10-24-2012 10:31 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Yeah, I JUST posted it. I expect to have some responses by tomorow.

I'm curious as well, but those guys all have majorly inflated heads so I really don't know what to expect.
10-24-2012 10:33 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I'd be very interested to see what some of the FCS schools that have been mentioned as possible candidates fanbases' had to say about us.

If your school has been rumored to be an expansion candidate for the SBC, please post a link to the thread(s) on your home message board concerning the fact in here.
10-24-2012 10:34 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
You also might want to go to
http://championshipsubdivision.com/forums/

They're a less "bug up your ass" group.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 10:52 PM by CatMom.)
10-24-2012 10:50 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Today I learned that Lehigh University has fans. Tomorrow, I might learn something even cooler.
10-24-2012 11:42 PM
SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
I think it's funny that a lot of people complain when FCS team fans come here trying to sell their membership on us, but yet we go to their boards to ask their thoughts on our conference. BTH, the next FCS expansion thread I see I'm blaming on you! 03-razz
10-25-2012 08:15 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
This!
10-25-2012 08:26 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
wow - I care so little about what those people think . . . I myself can't even believe i just hypocritically wasted 1 minute to type this after wasting 3 minutes reading it!
10-25-2012 08:36 AM
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU
(10-25-2012 08:15 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  I think it's funny that a lot of people complain when FCS team fans come here trying to sell their membership on us, but yet we go to their boards to ask their thoughts on our conference. BTH, the next FCS expansion thread I see I'm blaming on you! 03-razz

I was going to say the same things, why stir up crap with them...
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 08:49 AM by NCowl.)
10-25-2012 08:47 AM
Advertisement

LifetimeTopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
(10-25-2012 08:36 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  wow - I care so little about what those people think . . . I myself can't even believe i just hypocritically wasted 1 minute to type this after wasting 3 minutes reading it!

30 words per minute...you'd have earned a B+ in typing class in 7th grade!
10-25-2012 08:58 AM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(10-25-2012 08:15 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  I think it's funny that a lot of people complain when FCS team fans come here trying to sell their membership on us, but yet we go to their boards to ask their thoughts on our conference. BTH, the next FCS expansion thread I see I'm blaming on you! 03-razz

We do not go to their board seeking validation.
10-25-2012 10:57 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Typing class was the one class I made a D in, in High school lol. That teacher was a bit$#.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 11:29 AM by Atlanta Trojan.)
10-25-2012 11:28 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT

Plus 1 03-drunk

Does BTH secretly wish that Troy was back in FCS ? Back with some of their former rabid rivals like Appy State & Ga. Southern ? Most folks who follow an FBS school could care less about the FCS or what's happening there.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 02:58 PM by MG61.)
10-25-2012 01:08 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
You really want to see unhinged..go over to the CAAZone. They have a rather low opinion of the Sun Belt. And they just love Georgia State. Its gotta just kill JMU to be left behind.
10-25-2012 02:01 PM
Advertisement

LifetimeTopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
(10-25-2012 02:01 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  You really want to see unhinged..go over to the CAAZone. They have a rather low opinion of the Sun Belt. And they just love Georgia State. Its gotta just kill JMU to be left behind.

Pretty respectful here...

http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php...an-opinion
10-25-2012 02:19 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte
It's funny how they think that the SunBelt is not relevant. All of FCS is irrelevant. Seriously, how many people even know or remember who won the FCS champion. They try to rationalize that its not worth playing up because no team from the SunBelt will compete nor a national championship. While its true, no SunBelt team will be competing for a NC anytime soon, I still think its worth it. To play at the highest level. In years past I've seen ASU go toe to toe with Texas, Iowa, and beat A&M. Monroe has gotten to watch upsets of Alabama and Arkansas and go toe to toe w/ Baylor and Auburn. I think thats more than worth it. Much better than playing a rivalry game w/ Georgia Southern or the might Sam Houston State. I will get to watch my Redwolves on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU five times thise year, and know it is being watched across the country also. Does that happen to FCS teams. This summer I got to see my school make national headlines multiple times w/ the Malzahn hire and the Dyer transfer. Does anyone care who FCS schools hire? So don't try to tell me that its not worth playing in the SunBelt.
10-25-2012 02:46 PM
jdcurran235 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Lamar
(10-25-2012 02:46 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  It's funny how they think that the SunBelt is not relevant. All of FCS is irrelevant. Seriously, how many people even know or remember who won the FCS champion. They try to rationalize that its not worth playing up because no team from the SunBelt will compete nor a national championship. While its true, no SunBelt team will be competing for a NC anytime soon, I still think its worth it. To play at the highest level. In years past I've seen ASU go toe to toe with Texas, Iowa, and beat A&M. Monroe has gotten to watch upsets of Alabama and Arkansas and go toe to toe w/ Baylor and Auburn. I think thats more than worth it. Much better than playing a rivalry game w/ Georgia Southern or the might Sam Houston State. I will get to watch my Redwolves on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU five times thise year, and know it is being watched across the country also. Does that happen to FCS teams. This summer I got to see my school make national headlines multiple times w/ the Malzahn hire and the Dyer transfer. Does anyone care who FCS schools hire? So don't try to tell me that its not worth playing in the SunBelt.

That may not be true. Search Benson and the rule change. Looks like a new bowl may be created. Give it a few years and an expanded playoff model.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 02:50 PM by jdcurran235.)
10-25-2012 02:48 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(10-25-2012 02:46 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  It's funny how they think that the SunBelt is not relevant. All of FCS is irrelevant. Seriously, how many people even know or remember who won the FCS champion. They try to rationalize that its not worth playing up because no team from the SunBelt will compete nor a national championship. While its true, no SunBelt team will be competing for a NC anytime soon, I still think its worth it. To play at the highest level. In years past I've seen ASU go toe to toe with Texas, Iowa, and beat A&M. Monroe has gotten to watch upsets of Alabama and Arkansas and go toe to toe w/ Baylor and Auburn. I think thats more than worth it. Much better than playing a rivalry game w/ Georgia Southern or the might Sam Houston State. I will get to watch my Redwolves on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU five times thise year, and know it is being watched across the country also. Does that happen to FCS teams. This summer I got to see my school make national headlines multiple times w/ the Malzahn hire and the Dyer transfer. Does anyone care who FCS schools hire? So don't try to tell me that its not worth playing in the SunBelt.

We're playing on National TV this weekend NBCSports @ noon check it out.

I get your point but I get the other side too. Nobody does care about FCS except the fans of those teams but that could also be said about the SunBelt. The playoffs can be pretty exciting though and although the rest of the country doesn't know it's going on there's plenty of fans involved. GaSo is a good team and rivalries at any level have value. And if you're fortunate enough to play for a national championship you get to watch your team play 4-5 additional games, many possibly at home.

Overall I'm glad that ODU is making the jump, I think that it's the right move for the school but can certainly understand folks who are content with the level they are at.

edit: North Dakota State won the FCS NC in 2011 and they are absolutely a beast.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 03:29 PM by mturn017.)
10-25-2012 03:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.