Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's Basketball Season Tickets
Bookmark and Share
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Men's Basketball Season Tickets
Per MT's Head Coach Kermit Davis, the season tickets this year for the MT men's basketball program have nearly doubled (+75% increase). Last year, I imagine we had somewhere between 2000 and 2500 season tickets, so this year we be looking at 4000-5000 or more season tickets.

Murphy Center will continue to be a tough place to play. I'm very excited about MT basketball. This year, we'll be good, and the Raiders will have the Murph packed.

Of note: MT received 3 votes in the preseason Coaches' Top 25 poll. UNT received no votes.
10-17-2012 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
RE: Men's Basketball Season Tickets
(10-17-2012 01:19 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  Of note: MT received 3 votes in the preseason Coaches' Top 25 poll. UNT received no votes.

Blasphemy.
10-17-2012 02:25 PM
TheNorthTexan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: North Texas
That's so hilariously ridiculous. But they will change their tune quickly, in regards to the 25 votes, WKU and UNT are class of the conference. . Should be fun with MTSU, UNT and WKU running the conference. We had 3K come to madness so it looks like our attendance will continue to skyrocket. We don't release season ticket numbers.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 02:52 PM by TheNorthTexan.)
10-17-2012 02:26 PM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(10-17-2012 02:26 PM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  That's so hilariously ridiculous. But they will change their tune quickly, in regards to the 25 votes, WKU and UNT are class of the conference. . Should be fun with MTSU, UNT and WKU running the conference. We had 3K come to madness so it looks like our attendance will continue to skyrocket. We don't release season ticket numbers.

If you guys are so classy where are your top 25 votes?
10-17-2012 03:37 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(10-17-2012 02:26 PM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  That's so hilariously ridiculous. But they will change their tune quickly, in regards to the 25 votes, WKU and UNT are class of the conference. . Should be fun with MTSU, UNT and WKU running the conference. We had 3K come to madness so it looks like our attendance will continue to skyrocket. We don't release season ticket numbers.

-7......03-lmfao
10-17-2012 03:40 PM
TheNorthTexan Offline
2nd String

(10-17-2012 03:37 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  

If you guys are so classy where are your top 25 votes?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...he-top-15/

Where is MTSU? 03-phew
10-17-2012 04:07 PM
Advertisement

MTowho Offline
1st String

I don't get the discounting of MT at all by a few posters on this board. Yes, we lost Dendy, our all everything team leader from last year, and our backup point guard. That's it. We ran through the entire conference schedule last season until sputtering at the end. We added a few transfers that will start or see significant playing time.

Can't wait to go 2-0 against North Texas.

I sound just like Western fans arguing against the rest of us when they said they'd still be a great football team without Rainey. 04-cheers
10-17-2012 04:09 PM
TheNorthTexan Offline
2nd String

(10-17-2012 04:09 PM)MTowho Wrote:  I don't get the discounting of MT at all by a few posters on this board. Yes, we lost Dendy, our all everything team leader from last year, and our backup point guard. That's it. We ran through the entire conference schedule last season until sputtering at the end. We added a few transfers that will start or see significant playing time.

I sound just like Western fans arguing against the rest of us when they said they'd still be a great football team without Rainey. 04-cheers

We beat you last year with our two best players out. You lost your leader and somehow you think you'll be able to beat us with our two other stars in plus some huge recruits?

COGS

MUTS isn't even on our radar. Beating WKU and the NCAA tourney is our goal.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 04:12 PM by TheNorthTexan.)
10-17-2012 04:11 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

(10-17-2012 04:11 PM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  We beat you last year with our two best players out. You lost your leader and somehow you think you'll be able to beat us with our two other stars in plus some huge recruits?

COGS

You did not beat us last year, and it was at your place. And since when is Tony Mitchell not your best player? He played 31 minutes. He may have had a cool dunk or something, though.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 04:16 PM by MTowho.)
10-17-2012 04:15 PM
TheNorthTexan Offline
2nd String

(10-17-2012 04:15 PM)MTowho Wrote:  
(10-17-2012 04:11 PM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  We beat you last year with our two best players out. You lost your leader and somehow you think you'll be able to beat us with our two other stars in plus some huge recruits?

COGS

You did not beat us last year, and it was at your place. And since when is Tony Mitchell not your best player? He played 31 minutes.

LOL Foggy memory. I got owned. Completely forgot about MTSU's existence after that 59-7 drubbing in football. But I meant two of our best players, not our two best players.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 04:17 PM by TheNorthTexan.)
10-17-2012 04:17 PM
MagNTX Offline
2nd String

(10-17-2012 04:11 PM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  
(10-17-2012 04:09 PM)MTowho Wrote:  I don't get the discounting of MT at all by a few posters on this board. Yes, we lost Dendy, our all everything team leader from last year, and our backup point guard. That's it. We ran through the entire conference schedule last season until sputtering at the end. We added a few transfers that will start or see significant playing time.

We beat you last year with our two best players out. You lost your leader and somehow you think you'll be able to beat us with our two other stars in plus some huge recruits?

COGS

Are you kidding me? I was at that game. We didn't win against MT last year. And no, our best player(Tony Mitchell) was playing, and MAYBE 2nd and 3rd best were out, but they can't be even 2 or 3 best players if they sit on a bench during a big game for academic reasons. At least google something before you start saying stupid things.

MT sure as hell better be on our radar. Even though I think MT fans discount how good Dendy was and I don't think MT will match last years' run, they are still in conference and we have to play them twice.

Our goal is to beat everyone, and MT is on that list twice.

That said, this isn't like WKu saying they'd be fine without Rainey. BBall is different. one BIG man can make a huge difference on a 7, 8, 9, or 10 man rotation.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 04:38 PM by MagNTX.)
10-17-2012 04:24 PM
Advertisement

MTowho Offline
1st String

(10-17-2012 04:24 PM)MagNTX Wrote:  That said, this isn't like WKu saying they'd be fine without Rainey. BBall is different. one BIG man can make a huge difference on a 7, 8, 9, or 10 man rotation.

I do agree. It just felt like it a little bit, because both players were such important pieces to the team. We know how big of a loss Dendy was, but I think the majority of our fanbase feels good about how we reloaded. We'll have to be more balanced, but we're still incredibly deep.
10-17-2012 04:27 PM
johndavidblue Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MTSU
Is this guy for real? He does provide some comic relief.

(10-17-2012 04:17 PM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  
(10-17-2012 04:15 PM)MTowho Wrote:  

COGS

You did not beat us last year, and it was at your place. And since when is Tony Mitchell not your best player? He played 31 minutes.

LOL Foggy memory. I got owned. Completely forgot about MTSU's existence after that 59-7 drubbing in football. But I meant two of our best players, not our two best players.
10-17-2012 04:38 PM
FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU

Yep... not like anybody else has a chance against these strong programs.....
05-stirthepot
10-17-2012 05:43 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Has North Texas ever won an NCAA Tourney game ?

honest question
10-17-2012 05:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-17-2012 05:43 PM)FAUAEPi Wrote:  

Yep... not like anybody else has a chance against these strong programs.....05-stirthepot

2007 North Texas 83–75 Arkansas State
2008 Western Kentucky 67–57 Middle Tennessee
2009 Western Kentucky 64–55 South Alabama
2010 North Texas 66–63 Troy
2011 Arkansas-Little Rock 64–63 North Texas
2012 Western Kentucky 74-70 North Texas

you're right!

there was that een-cray-ee-blay shot that sunk unt in 2011.

but other than that you're spot on in your assessment!
10-17-2012 06:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(10-17-2012 04:27 PM)MTowho Wrote:  
(10-17-2012 04:24 PM)MagNTX Wrote:  That said, this isn't like WKu saying they'd be fine without Rainey. BBall is different. one BIG man can make a huge difference on a 7, 8, 9, or 10 man rotation.

I do agree. It just felt like it a little bit, because both players were such important pieces to the team. We know how big of a loss Dendy was, but I think the majority of our fanbase feels good about how we reloaded. We'll have to be more balanced, but we're still incredibly deep.

No way we can win without Rainey and we still Jakes as our QB 04-cheers
10-17-2012 06:48 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
I'm glad to see MTSU fans will acknowledge Men's Basketball is a sponsored sport again. Loved how they discredited men's basketball while they sucked and their women did well.

(10-17-2012 01:19 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  Per MT's Head Coach Kermit Davis, the season tickets this year for the MT men's basketball program have nearly doubled (+75% increase). Last year, I imagine we had somewhere between 2000 and 2500 season tickets, so this year we be looking at 4000-5000 or more season tickets.

Murphy Center will continue to be a tough place to play. I'm very excited about MT basketball. This year, we'll be good, and the Raiders will have the Murph packed.

Of note: MT received 3 votes in the preseason Coaches' Top 25 poll. UNT received no votes.
10-18-2012 10:34 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(10-18-2012 10:34 AM)galojah Wrote:  I'm glad to see MTSU fans will acknowledge Men's Basketball is a sponsored sport again. Loved how they discredited men's basketball while they sucked and their women did well.

(10-17-2012 01:19 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  Per MT's Head Coach Kermit Davis, the season tickets this year for the MT men's basketball program have nearly doubled (+75% increase). Last year, I imagine we had somewhere between 2000 and 2500 season tickets, so this year we be looking at 4000-5000 or more season tickets.

We are glad that WKU fans are finally showing up for football.

We had about as many MT fans there in BG a few years back.
10-18-2012 10:45 AM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
We never downplayed the importance of football and its relevance.

(10-18-2012 10:45 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  We are glad that WKU fans are finally showing up for football.

We had about as many MT fans there in BG a few years back.
10-18-2012 11:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.