Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Silent Knight
Bookmark and Share
Chevelle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCF
Silent Knight
Knight fans, join this event page to partake in a new phenomena at the beginning of UCF games, brought to you by the makers of the Black and Gold game against Missouri! Read the synopsis on the page for details.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/...152310999/

Feel free to share your opinion or ideas on this thread or on the page itself. Thanks and GO KNIGHTS!
10-01-2012 09:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
RE: Silent Knight
I don't think the black and gold thing went very well.

Also, this requires some coordination with the venue staff. Mizzou took the field not too long after UCF did. So you would have UCF fans stop cheering for UCF? If the visitors enter first, then yes. But the stadium music and band all need to be in on this deal, not just the fans in the stands.
10-01-2012 09:55 AM
Chevelle Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-01-2012 09:55 AM)CommuterBob Wrote:  I don't think the black and gold thing went very well.

Also, this requires some coordination with the venue staff. Mizzou took the field not too long after UCF did. So you would have UCF fans stop cheering for UCF? If the visitors enter first, then yes. But the stadium music and band all need to be in on this deal, not just the fans in the stands.

Obviously the Black & Gold game didn't go as planned...but running on a week and a halfs notice to fans isn't very effective, and that was known. It was more about doing a dry test run to see if it was possible. There are number of reasons it didn't work well that I won't go into detail about, but we may start the idea up again in the offseason while working with UCF (hopefully).

Normally the visitors enter first. I'm not sure why Mizzou entered after UCF did. We will be contacting a member of UCF Athletics this week to ensure that does not happen and allows this to work. This will be an every week occurance, so this first week doesn't have to be perfect. It's more about getting the word out first, and then perfecting as time passes.
10-01-2012 10:10 AM
Advertisement

Inigo Offline
You killed my father. Prepare to die.

I Root For: UCF Knights
(10-01-2012 10:10 AM)Chevelle Wrote:  Obviously the Black & Gold game didn't go as planned...but running on a week and a halfs notice to fans isn't very effective, and that was known.

Actually, running it for a noon game in September is not very effective. I knew about the "Black & Gold" effort, but there was no way I was going to be wearing black to an early game on a hot, sunny day.
10-02-2012 10:38 AM
Chevelle Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-02-2012 10:38 AM)Inigo Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 10:10 AM)Chevelle Wrote:  Obviously the Black & Gold game didn't go as planned...but running on a week and a halfs notice to fans isn't very effective, and that was known.

Actually, running it for a noon game in September is not very effective. I knew about the "Black & Gold" effort, but there was no way I was going to be wearing black to an early game on a hot, sunny day.

We didn't know it would be a noon game until about a week and half before. We had been planning to do it at least two weeks before the Mizzou game to do it, and had already started spreading the word. We get the whole reason of not wearing black at a noon game, and it was unfortunate timing for TV to give us the one noon game we were trying to coordinate coloring, but we the students are trying to transform the status quo of the UCF fan experience. Alumni always complain about not having tradition and rag on the students for not creating it, and then when people take the initiative, they then complain about it.

I hope you checked out the Silent Knight page to get a feel of what we are trying to accomplish.
10-02-2012 11:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.