Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CBS SPORTS POLL
Bookmark and Share
exflash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns
CBS SPORTS POLL
Louisiana ranked #34 to lead conference---UCF and Houston were ranked higher at #32 and #33!!!!
08-15-2012 05:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LFTCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Ragin' Cajuns
RE: CBS SPORTS POLL
(08-15-2012 05:53 PM)exflash Wrote:  Louisiana ranked #34 to lead conference---UCF and Houston were ranked higher at #32 and #33!!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...124/index1
08-15-2012 06:33 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
#34 ULL
#38 FIU
#51 Arkansas State
#75 ULM
#81 North Texas
#83 WKU
#98 Troy
#105 Middle Tennessee
#113 USA
#117 FAU
08-15-2012 06:51 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
not last 02-13-banana
08-15-2012 07:08 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
(08-15-2012 06:33 PM)LFTCajun Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 05:53 PM)exflash Wrote:  Louisiana ranked #34 to lead conference---UCF and Houston were ranked higher at #32 and #33!!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...124/index1

113 might not sound like much, but I'll take it. 04-rock
08-15-2012 07:16 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I could see that. ULL and FIU are probably the top 2 teams this year, ASU is not terribly far off in 3rd, and everyone else is way behind. However, I think WKU should be up ranked with ASU rather then down in the 80's. I dont see them as a championship type team, but I could certainly see them beating any of the top 3.
08-15-2012 08:15 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(08-15-2012 08:15 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I could see that. ULL and FIU are probably the top 2 teams this year, ASU is not terribly far off in 3rd, and everyone else is way behind. However, I think WKU should be up ranked with ASU rather then down in the 80's. I dont see them as a championship type team, but I could certainly see them beating any of the top 3.

All subjective, my friend!!

This will be the deepest this conference has ever been.

I am ready for football!!!

Z
08-15-2012 08:33 PM
exflash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns
[quote='chiefsfan' pid='8156484' dateline='1345079747']
I could see that. ULL and FIU are probably the top 2 teams this year, ASU is not terribly far off in 3rd, and everyone else is way behind. However, I think WKU should be up ranked with ASU rather then down in the 80's. I dont see them as a championship type team, but I could certainly see them beating any of the top 3.
[/quote But the big news is the Cajuns ranking ahead of the entire future CUSA!!!!
08-15-2012 08:35 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(08-15-2012 06:51 PM)MG61 Wrote:  #34 ULL
#38 FIU
#51 Arkansas State
#75 ULM
#81 North Texas
#83 WKU
#98 Troy
#105 Middle Tennessee
#113 USA
#117 FAU

That's a prediction of a pretty good year for the SBC. They are predicting ULL to be the BEST team from the remaining MWC, CUSA, SBC, or CUSA.

Average for 2013-14 Conference lineup teams (excluding Ga State, Old Dominion, and UNCC)...

MAC 79.3
MWC 80
CUSA 85
SBC 88.7

At least someone thinks that the Belt is very close to CUSA, the MAC, and the MWC as far as conference rankings go.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 08:59 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
08-15-2012 08:42 PM
crawfish3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
I know last season the Cajuns were picked by a couple of the polls as dead last among FBS teams. It is nice to get a few perseason nods for a change, but anything can happen when they strap the pads on. I hope the Cajun players do not read too much of this stuff and get the big head.

Having said that, this could be a really nice season for the Cajuns as well as other teams in the Belt. 03-cloud9
08-15-2012 08:49 PM
TitanTopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
I know you all are going to think WKU fans are drinking the Kool-aid, but I believed it three years ago and still do...WKU "was" a Sleeping Giant. They're awake now...at least as it relates to the SBC. Don't be shocked if the TOPS don't open a can of Whoop Ass (again) on the majority of the conference.
I know...Delusional WKU fans in BB and now in FB. Fire away, my friends!!05-stirthepot
08-15-2012 09:32 PM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
(08-15-2012 09:32 PM)TitanTopper Wrote:  I know you all are going to think WKU fans are drinking the Kool-aid, but I believed it three years ago and still do...WKU "was" a Sleeping Giant. They're awake now...at least as it relates to the SBC. Don't be shocked if the TOPS don't open a can of Whoop Ass (again) on the majority of the conference.
I know...Delusional WKU fans in BB and now in FB. Fire away, my friends!!05-stirthepot

I watched the stAte vs. WKU game from last year last night - and WKU literally had to use trick plays to score every TD. Unfortunately they worked.

stAte looked pathetic - and really improved after that and the ULM game last year. Of course, much of why stAte looked bad is attributed to the Hilltopper defense, which is stout.

Bottom line: I have zero fear of WKU because of their QB/offense. Ready to beat the Hilltoppers down in Jonesboro!
08-15-2012 10:05 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(08-15-2012 10:05 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 09:32 PM)TitanTopper Wrote:  I know you all are going to think WKU fans are drinking the Kool-aid, but I believed it three years ago and still do...WKU "was" a Sleeping Giant. They're awake now...at least as it relates to the SBC. Don't be shocked if the TOPS don't open a can of Whoop Ass (again) on the majority of the conference.

I watched the stAte vs. WKU game from last year last night - and WKU literally had to use trick plays to score every TD. Unfortunately they worked.

stAte looked pathetic - and really improved after that and the ULM game last year. Of course, much of why stAte looked bad is attributed to the Hilltopper defense, which is stout.

Bottom line: I have zero fear of WKU because of their QB/offense. Ready to beat the Hilltoppers down in Jonesboro!

I have a lot of fear of WKU because for some reason those gimmicks work against us. Not to mention we are going to have a very gimmicky offense this year as thats exactly what Malzahn loves.
08-15-2012 10:16 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY

You and I share a common NFL team, Go Titans!!!!!! 04-cheers My 10 month old son just got his first Titans jersey (a CJ2K one). However, I must disagree with your bs WKU superiority chant. Troy owns this league, so get ready for a butt whoopin' as per the norm from my Trojans. 03-thumbsup

Go Blue. Locker is our future. 02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 10:22 PM by Burn the Horse.)
08-15-2012 10:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline

(08-15-2012 10:20 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  

You and I share a common NFL team, Go Titans!!!!!! 04-cheers My 10 month old son just got his first Titans jersey (a CJ2K one). However, I must disagree with your bs WKU superiority chant. Troy owns this league, so get ready for a butt whoopin' as per the norm from my Trojans. 03-thumbsup

Is Locker the future like Vince Young was the future? P.S. I really dont like the Titans. Hate the cowboys and Patriots worse...but still.
08-15-2012 10:34 PM
TexasWarhawkBrother Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM,FSU,UNC

We know theyll open a can of whoop ass on the ULL ragin cajuns
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 10:41 PM by TexasWarhawkBrother.)
08-15-2012 10:40 PM
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
(08-15-2012 10:34 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Is Locker the future like Vince Young was the future? P.S. I really dont like the Titans. Hate the cowboys and Patriots worse...but still.

It is Titans herasy to compare Jake Locker to Vince Young. I am THE Titans fan in the Great State of Alabama, expect total loyalty to the club from me. I may be the "enemy" for MTSU, WKU, and stAte fans when it comes to college ball, but we share a pro team and I am insanely loyal to the Tennessee Titans. Curse you for lumping Locker in with Young. Jake posesses both the physical skills AND the brain to lead an NFL franchise to the Super Bowl IMHO.

My 10 month old son owns a Troy jersey and a Titans jersey. I'm raising him the right way. He knows who the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are. 03-thumbsup
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 10:49 PM by Burn the Horse.)
08-15-2012 10:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
I hope FIU and UCF end up with a couple wins and no losses leading up to their drive up north. Would be sick if either one of us was in the Top 25.
08-15-2012 10:54 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(08-15-2012 10:47 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  
(08-15-2012 10:34 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

It is Titans herasy to compare Jake Locker to Vince Young. I am THE Titans fan in the Great State of Alabama, expect total loyalty to the club from me. I may be the "enemy" for MTSU, WKU, and stAte fans when it comes to college ball, but we share a pro team and I am insanely loyal to the Tennessee Titans. Curse you for lumping Locker in with Young. Jake posesses both the physical skills AND the brain to lead an NFL franchise to the Super Bowl IMHO.

My 10 month old son owns a Troy jersey and a Titans jersey. I'm raising him the right way. He knows who the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are. 03-thumbsup

Haha...I just remember how Titans fans were all over the Young bandwagon when he was drafted/

At least you didnt watch your games last season wondering if your team will actually score.
08-15-2012 11:51 PM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Speaking of the Titans, is Bud Adams still living?

Ex Oiler fan.05-mafia
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2012 06:20 AM by Green Menace.)
08-16-2012 06:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.