Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arrested Student-Athletes That Consider Becoming an Eagle
Bookmark and Share
AlexAlvarado Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU
Arrested Student-Athletes That Consider Becoming an Eagle
Joe Sawicki (former TE for CMU) has just left Central after pleading guilty for drug use on April 17th (source: http://www.cm-life.com/2012/06/29/former...il-arrest/)

From what I know/don't know, there's no word on Darryl Stonum coming to Eastern after him saying that we're in his list of considerations.

My question to everybody: assuming one of these players (Sawicki/Stonum) becomes an Eagle, who do you think it will be? Not worried about who we want on the roster, but who's the more probable addition to our offense?
06-29-2012 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
RE: Arrested Student-Athletes That Consider Becoming an Eagle
Stonem. we have a lot of TEs.
06-29-2012 07:16 PM
Ken Barna Online
All American

Dear Friends,
I'm still against picking up other schools rejects. I think it sends a signal of desperation, (that Eastern will take anyone) and I don't think it makes for good morale with the rest of the roster. If, we are talking about legitimate transfers, it's okay by me, but I'm not for picking up people that have had legal problems.
06-30-2012 03:41 PM
Advertisement

NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
We do not need other college problems... This team is still very young and needs as little distractions as possible. This kid was kicked off a college team for selling drugs, in the Mac...
07-01-2012 03:21 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
so, just making sure i got this right.

the TE kid with the drug problem is named stone um? what's next a WR named Tweaker?
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 12:02 AM by pono.)
07-02-2012 12:01 AM
Advertisement

holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Stonum is a WR who was kicked off of U of M for violating his probation, which originally stemmed from multiple drinking while intoxicated convictions.

Still hoping he ends up here. Underneath it all, he's a good kid.

However, the more time passes, the more resigned I become to him not being here. Even if he did come here, it's July -- not much time to get familiar with the playbook, his teammates, etc.
07-02-2012 12:08 PM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

(07-02-2012 12:08 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Stonum is a WR who was kicked off of U of M for violating his probation, which originally stemmed from multiple drinking while intoxicated convictions.

However, the more time passes, the more resigned I become to him not being here. Even if he did come here, it's July -- not much time to get familiar with the playbook, his teammates, etc.

I will try and find it but he got into the same type of trouble again.. I don't think this is the type problems we want..

I thought the TE that was being talked about was the kid from CMU that was kicked off the team and moved back to IL about a week ago and now looking at EMU to transfer to.. Sorry if I got this mixed up...

NUP
07-02-2012 01:07 PM
Advertisement

AlexAlvarado Offline
Water Engineer

(07-02-2012 01:07 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 12:08 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Stonum is a WR who was kicked off of U of M for violating his probation, which originally stemmed from multiple drinking while intoxicated convictions.

I will try and find it but he got into the same type of trouble again.. I don't think this is the type problems we want..

I thought the TE that was being talked about was the kid from CMU that was kicked off the team and moved back to IL about a week ago and now looking at EMU to transfer to.. Sorry if I got this mixed up...

NUP

You got that right about Sawicki (or however it's spelled).

I have to agree with the posted comment above about how it's 'too late' for Stonum. He should have made a decision about playing here sooner if he really wants to play.

I've been following him on twitter & he always talks about how he's still doing drills on his own and whatnot, but it would've been nice if he had taken care of everything to officially play with or without us back in May.

*IF* Stonum makes some sort of decision to come to Eastern as a grad student and play on this team, I don't see him playing too much outside of special teams; kick/punt return roll. He'd get some reps at WR, but he'd never pass Olds on the depth chart, that's for sure.
07-02-2012 06:55 PM
EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ
For some of us people who had to deal with the Jim Boone era for basketball, remember Rico Harris. How'd that work out? He got picked up for stealing a car and Jim Boone still gave him a scholie. His pastor, aka wanna be agent, said that they would keep an eye on him but Rico kept getting into trouble and Boone bailed him out.
07-06-2012 12:42 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Don't forget one of Ramsey's first recruits, Gino Smith who kicked extra points er police cars.

Axon was intent to deliver weed prior to EMU.

But there have a been a few reclaimination projects that have worked out but more often than not they don't.
07-06-2012 12:46 PM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

As I'd said from the start, the coaches do not need to bring someone into the current team that could provide a risk to what they have build toward the past 4 years.. I would much rather take a chance on a avg kid whom is a 5th year senior who had no problem compared to a better player with history of making mistakes..
07-08-2012 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.