Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FB: ASU picks up top rated QB commit
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
FB: ASU picks up top rated QB commit
Rivals 3 star Cedar Hill, TX QB Damion Hobbs gave his verbal commitment to Arkansas State today. Hobbs is rated the #33 QB in the nation and is considered a dual threat QB.

He chose ASU over Missouri and Nebraska after visiting all 3 campuses the last couple weeks.

When one of our recruiting guys asked him why he made the decision he said that Missouri and Nebraska had great facilities, but ASU had Gus Malzahn.
06-25-2012 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
RE: FB: ASU picks up top rated QB commit
Looks pretty good on video. Almost similar to ULM QB commitment Bivins Caraway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1wwg7t0MEc
06-25-2012 04:43 PM
Dedsquirrl Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(06-25-2012 04:32 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Rivals 3 star Cedar Hill, TX QB Damion Hobbs gave his verbal commitment to Arkansas State today. Hobbs is rated the #33 QB in the nation and is considered a dual threat QB.

He chose ASU over Missouri and Nebraska after visiting all 3 campuses the last couple weeks.

When one of our recruiting guys asked him why he made the decision he said that Missouri and Nebraska had great facilities, but ASU had Gus Malzahn.

I got a feeling yall are going to win quite a few recruiting battles this year thanks to Gus.

Nice pick up.
06-25-2012 04:49 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Great!
06-25-2012 05:04 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
Wow...check out the list of schools offering.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansasvarsity/...GZ1EFmRpB4
06-25-2012 05:19 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

When is the last time that Arkansas State beat out Nebraska and Missouri for a top recruit in football. The answer is probably never, that is until today.

Arkansas State and Gus Malzahn picked up a gem in their 2013 recruiting class when Texas quarterback Damion Hobbs decided that he was going to be a Red Wolf.

Hobbs, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound athlete from Cedar Hill, is rated as a three star signal caller by Scout.com and is ranked the No. 33 rated dual threat quarterback in the nation.

http://arkansasstate.scout.com/2/1197868.html

Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 05:37 PM by ManzanoWolf.)
06-25-2012 05:36 PM
Advertisement

BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!! 03-banghead
06-25-2012 06:31 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
“Arkansas State is a great place,” Hobbs said. “I felt different when I was there than I did at the other schools, I felt like I was at home. Other schools had the great facilities, they didn’t have Gus Malzahn.”
06-25-2012 07:14 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Congrats on the QB pickup. Sounds like a good talent. USA got a commitment from Taylor Lamb last week. Lamb, a 247 3-star QB out of Calhoun, GA is 6' 2'', 191 lbs. South's total 2013 commits stand at 6 thus far.
06-25-2012 08:15 PM
chiefsfan Online

(06-25-2012 06:31 PM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  Noooooooooo!!!!!!!! 03-banghead

Check out this quote from one of the national recruiting experts running around."

"Getting Hobbs fresh off trips to Columbia and Lincoln is a major coup for Malzahn." He goes on to add "If he continues to recruit at this level it is bad news for the rest of the Sun Belt Conference."
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 11:24 PM by chiefsfan.)
06-25-2012 11:23 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(06-25-2012 07:14 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  “Arkansas State is a great place,” Hobbs said. “I felt different when I was there than I did at the other schools, I felt like I was at home. Other schools had the great facilities, they didn’t have Gus Malzahn.”

dang....malzahn is entering chuck norris/ray harper territory!!!
06-26-2012 07:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Great job, but boy all this attention on my coach would make me nervous if I was a stAte fan.

Someone from a "Big" program is gonna throw a whole buttload of money his way and top it off with the spiel that with him they could win a National Championship easier at thier school rather then stAte.

I hope it doesnt happen because I like what he is doing at stAte, and helping to elevate the whole confrence.
06-26-2012 07:54 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(06-26-2012 07:54 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Great job, but boy all this attention on my coach would make me nervous if I was a stAte fan.

Someone from a "Big" program is gonna throw a whole buttload of money his way and top it off with the spiel that with him they could win a National Championship easier at thier school rather then stAte.

I hope it doesnt happen because I like what he is doing at stAte, and helping to elevate the whole confrence.

He's already won a National Championship....and they've already thrown a buttload of money at him.
06-26-2012 08:20 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

When Malzahn made that 'Boise of the South' comment, a lot of people shook their heads and laughed....honestly, I did too.
But if you're 18 yrs old....where do you want to play? At a school that is hoping to win the conference and have a shot at a bowl, or a school that has their sights on becoming a Boise-type program, that is ranked every year? Far fetched....probably.....but it's all about selling a dream. And it has to start somewhere. 18 yr old kids are dreamers....so is Malzahn....that's why they relate so well.
06-26-2012 08:28 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(06-26-2012 08:20 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  He's already won a National Championship....and they've already thrown a buttload of money at him.

Yeah but not as a Head Coach. That will be the next hook they throw at him.

He sounds like he's happy at stAte, and you guys have done what is needed to do to keep him.

I hope he stays a good long while.
06-26-2012 08:30 AM
TXSTCAT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bobcats
Great news for stAte and the Belt.
06-26-2012 09:13 AM
Advertisement

CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(06-26-2012 07:54 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Great job, but boy all this attention on my coach would make me nervous if I was a stAte fan.

You cannot think that way. In fact if nobody wants your coach, he is not getting the job done. At the financial and power level Sun Belt teams are at people need to understand that a coach is probably going to move on if he is good at what he does.

Now with his crazy wife he may be there for a very long time.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 09:38 AM by CajunExpress.)
06-26-2012 09:38 AM
BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(06-25-2012 11:23 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(06-25-2012 06:31 PM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  Noooooooooo!!!!!!!! 03-banghead

Check out this quote from one of the national recruiting experts running around."

"Getting Hobbs fresh off trips to Columbia and Lincoln is a major coup for Malzahn." He goes on to add "If he continues to recruit at this level it is bad news for the rest of the Sun Belt Conference."

Hopefully someone picks him up next year as their coach. 04-rock
06-26-2012 09:46 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I may be terribly wrong but I think unless Arkansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and maybe Mizzou, Kansas, or Kansas State call, ASU is in good shape with Gus.

I think he wants to be within a reasonable proximity of his friends and family and those are the only jobs the same distance or closer than ASU that would pay more.

Of course last year I said, "Freeze will be here unless Ole Miss or another SEC opens and I'm not sure one year gets you in the SEC."
06-26-2012 12:10 PM
chiefsfan Online

If you listened to reports last year Vandy threw 2 million dollars at him last year, and he stayed at Auburn, and that was an SEC Head Coaching job.

A few in our fan base stress daily about other schools coming after him, but we have to trust Malzahn's whole comment about how he was not a traditional college coach and wanted to hang around.

I know he'll be linked to every job opening next year....freaking Jimmy Sexton is his agent.

My guess, however, is there are few jobs he would leave ASU for, and only one of those is open, and thats Arkansas. And there are too many strong opinions in razorback land to allow them to go after an ASU coach. Especially if he goes like 8-4 here this year. Arkansas could pick just about any coach they want if they look in the right places.
06-26-2012 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.