Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

1st 3 weeks of kick times for ACC home games @ 2pm
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
1st 3 weeks of kick times for ACC home games @ 2pm
Per VirginiaSports twitter feed

Probably includes ACC Championship game time & network too.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 12:49 PM by mattsarz.)
05-17-2012 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

RE: 1st 3 weeks of kick times for ACC home games @ 2pm
http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/sp...12aaa.html

Note that ABC could end up televising the ACC title game in primetime.
05-17-2012 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(05-17-2012 01:00 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/sp...12aaa.html

Note that ABC could end up televising the ACC title game in primetime.

I noticed that statement too, Matt. I wonder what the criteria would be, and what the ACC is essentially competing with for that ABC spot?
05-18-2012 06:30 AM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Carolina screwed by television again for our opener. 12:30 is no time to start a game on Labor Day weekend. We do have a great lighting system and it should be used in September. I sure am glad that my seats are not on the north side of BKS (beautiful Kenan Stadium).
05-18-2012 07:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-18-2012 07:05 AM)XLance Wrote:  Carolina screwed by television again for our opener. 12:30 is no time to start a game on Labor Day weekend. We do have a great lighting system and it should be used in September. I sure am glad that my seats are not on the north side of BKS (beautiful Kenan Stadium).
If I may be so bold... if you want a better kickoff time for your opener, you should schedule a tougher opponent that weekend. As a visitor, Elon cannot compete with the likes of Tennessee, Miami, Auburn or Georgia Tech (all in prime time except for Miami @ BC, which is 3 PM).

I also believe that the choice of Richmond @ Virginia ahead of Elon @ UNC is the correct one (for the 3 PM Raycom game). That only left one time slot for local TV - 12:30 on the ACC Network. TAG - YOU'RE IT!
05-18-2012 08:46 AM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I'm not 100% sure but I think the 12:30pm slot gets precedent over the mid-afternoon regional cable slot most of the year. The 12:30pm slot goes to more markets nationally than the regional cable slot does as I understand it.
05-22-2012 09:05 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

One thing I'm not really clear on. Raycom is always available on local TV stations, and the ACC Network is available on the internet plus some local TV as well. So which TV stations carry which games between those 2? Or does that vary from week to week depending on the game itself?
05-23-2012 04:11 AM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies
(05-23-2012 04:11 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  One thing I'm not really clear on. Raycom is always available on local TV stations, and the ACC Network is available on the internet plus some local TV as well. So which TV stations carry which games between those 2? Or does that vary from week to week depending on the game itself?

The Raycom site will have a link each week to which stations in which markets will be carrying the "ACC Game of the Week". Some weeks will be split between two ACC games and it will depend on geography as to which game would be carried where. As far as the ACC Network, some cities will have an alternate cable channel that may pick up that game. For example, WRAL in Raleigh may put it on the alternate channel if the game features one of the Triangle teams.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2012 09:18 AM by Lucy.)
05-23-2012 09:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.