Top BCS Buster Candidates for 2012_Arkansas State Red Wolves
Bookmark and Share
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Top BCS Buster Candidates for 2012_Arkansas State Red Wolves
May 10
8:50 AM ET

Here are the five non-BCS teams with the best chance to make some noise this season, and possibly work themselves into the BCS conversation (listed alphabetically).

Arkansas State Red Wolves

Gus Malzahn might have wound up as the coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks last month if he hadn't just settled into his digs in Jonesboro. Regardless of the location, he finally has his own program; now, let's see what he can do with it.

You will need Insider Access to see the rest of the teams, but this one should be of interest to SBC fans.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-footb...s-2012-ncf
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 06:54 PM by ManzanoWolf.)
05-10-2012 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
RE: Top BCS Buster Candidates for 2012_Arkansas State Red Wolves
Is it me just me, but has a huge pile of "pressure" been placed on Gus to produce this season?
05-10-2012 06:59 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
I don't think any more pressure by the fan base than by the coaching staff themselves. However, if stAte doesn't win 7 games to keep things rolling in the right direction - much momentum and energy around the program could be lost.

FWIW - in no way to I consider stAte a BCS buster this year - but if that kind of hype gets more student athletes to look at stAte - we'll just have to fake it till we make it!
05-10-2012 07:09 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Nice! Good stuff for ASU and the SBC...
05-10-2012 07:41 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Arkansas fans are convinced they are going to be stuck with Gus. Part of me is almost hoping we win only 7 games next year so he's not as interesting to bigger schools. We cant afford another 1 and done coach.
05-10-2012 10:16 PM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
Arkansas State has the combination of a number of key returning starters and a schedule that makes being a BCS buster possible. They'd need to catch Oregon napping and upset Nebraska on the road to get there. But after last year's 10-3 season, it seems possible while still unlikely.

I'd really like to see one of our teams ranked next season.

I'm kind of hoping to see a couple of teams that CUSA doesn't want step up next year. Which would make us the better place to be perceptionwise. And to see our call ups do better than theirs!
05-11-2012 04:54 AM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(05-11-2012 04:54 AM)AlaIllTex Wrote:  Arkansas State has the combination of a number of key returning starters and a schedule that makes being a BCS buster possible. They'd need to catch Oregon napping and upset Nebraska on the road to get there. But after last year's 10-3 season, it seems possible while still unlikely.

I'd really like to see one of our teams ranked next season.

I'm kind of hoping to see a couple of teams that CUSA doesn't want step up next year. Which would make us the better place to be perceptionwise. And to see our call ups do better than theirs!

I also see this as unlikely, but what I do see is AWESOME publicity for stAte and SBC football . . we have all worked hard to make SBC football worthy of positive national attention and now we are getting that attention. Let SBC football enjoy its time in the sun !!

Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana
05-11-2012 10:15 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Teams losing 8 defensive starters tend to not bust the BCS. We travel to Oregon and Nebraska. In conference we travel to FIU, Louisiana, North Texas, and Troy. That group of four will likely contain the #1 and #2 teams in the Sun Belt.
05-11-2012 11:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.