Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The SBC CEOs are getting those emails.
Bookmark and Share
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
The SBC CEOs are getting those emails.
I’ve been told the problem is they are, by a huge margin, not about keeping Idaho and NMSU out, they are about is there any hope we can get out, or in the case of the newbie's, can we avoid ever really having to come onboard.

Now everyone is hoping that ODU will turn down the CUSA and they will come a calling.

In fact there appears to be only two fan bases of schools that have been linked to SBC expansion, who are expressing real interest in getting in, and they are Idaho and NMSU.

No wonder Benson and the CEOs want to slow down and reconsider, their plans.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 10:43 AM by Seminole Indian.)
05-03-2012 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
RE: The SBC CEOs are getting those emails.
(05-03-2012 10:40 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  I’ve been told the problem is they are, by a huge margin, not about keeping Idaho and NMSU out, they are about is there any hope we can get out, are avoid ever having to come in.

Now everyone is hoping that ODU will turn down the CUSA and they will come a calling.

In fact there appears to be only two fan bases of schools that have been linked to SBC expansion, who are expressing real interest in getting in, and they are Idaho and NMSU.
No wonder Benson and the CEOs want to slow down and reconsider, their plans

You are saying App State and Georgia Southern are now not interested???

That goes against the e-mail I recieved from Brooks Keel a few mins ago...

Quote:Are we interested in moving up to play football at the FBS level? Absolutely. There’s no question it’s where we want to go. Before that happens, it is clear that we (all of us) have a lot of work to do.
05-03-2012 10:44 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(05-03-2012 10:44 AM)GaSouthern Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 10:40 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  I’ve been told the problem is they are, by a huge margin, not about keeping Idaho and NMSU out, they are about is there any hope we can get out, are avoid ever having to come in.

Quote:Are we interested in moving up to play football at the FBS level? Absolutely. There’s no question it’s where we want to go. Before that happens, it is clear that we (all of us) have a lot of work to do.
I was told this by a person in the Athletic Department at ASU when I asked if they were getting a lot of anti-NMSU emails. Just assuming that what they said about the other schools were true.
05-03-2012 10:50 AM
redfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: all
(05-03-2012 10:40 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  I’ve been told the problem is they are, by a huge margin, not about keeping Idaho and NMSU out, they are about is there any hope we can get out, or in the case of the newbie's, can we avoid ever really having to come onboard.

I have been hearing the opposite. Large majority against NMSU. SBC members wanting to stay south and east. Large and increasing interest in future SBC membership.
05-03-2012 10:52 AM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(05-03-2012 10:40 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  I’ve been told the problem is they are, by a huge margin, not about keeping Idaho and NMSU out, they are about is there any hope we can get out, or in the case of the newbie's, can we avoid ever really having to come onboard.

This basically sounds like what MT fans have been doing for the past few days. McPhee's inbox has been overflowing with emails surrounding the "did he or did he not pursue CUSA" saga.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 11:00 AM by MTowho.)
05-03-2012 11:00 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(05-03-2012 10:52 AM)redfan Wrote:  

I have been hearing the opposite. Large majority against NMSU. SBC members wanting to stay south and east. Large and increasing interest in future SBC membership.

Same here. Keep in mind that Seminole's source is inside ASU, and our administration is known for being way too forgiving.
05-03-2012 11:51 AM
Advertisement

Glassonion Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: AppState
I find it hard to believe the majority of Ap fans are against the SB. Even if the rumor about the MAC offer is true.
05-03-2012 11:58 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(05-03-2012 11:58 AM)Glassonion Wrote:  I find it hard to believe the majority of Ap fans are against the SB. Even if the rumor about the MAC offer is true.

Relax. Seminole's sources often turn out wrong.
05-03-2012 12:00 PM
Glassonion Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: AppState
Good, Im hoping we're around long enough to start recognizing who to believe, and who not to believe...
05-03-2012 12:03 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
(05-03-2012 10:52 AM)redfan Wrote:  

That is because Seminole makes this stuff up or is listening to someone who has no clue.
05-03-2012 12:40 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I love how everybody has a "source" this day and age.
05-03-2012 05:49 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Online

(05-03-2012 05:49 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  I love how everybody has a "source" this day and age.

Haha. You're my source...perhaps unbeknownst to you. 03-drunk 03-shhhh
05-03-2012 05:56 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-03-2012 05:56 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 05:49 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  I love how everybody has a "source" this day and age.

You and me, we're different you see. 03-thumbsup
05-03-2012 06:04 PM
GSUEoghan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
I have it from a source...get this, A MAN HAS WALKED ON THE MOON!!!
05-05-2012 03:44 PM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia State
(05-03-2012 10:44 AM)GaSouthern Wrote:  

That, to me, reads that he knows the school isn't ready to move up. It's important to have the goal, and be working towards it, but GS just isn't ready yet. I think now that all this is out in the open they will be. I just wouldn't hold my breath for the next 5 - 10 years.
05-05-2012 04:00 PM
MeanGreenFan123 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
"WE LANDED ON THE MOON!"-Lloyd Christmas
05-05-2012 04:06 PM
Advertisement

TrojanCampaign Online
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
(05-03-2012 06:04 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  

Actually no your not different, just look at the Jaguars!
05-05-2012 05:49 PM
SkullyMaroo Online

(05-05-2012 05:49 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 06:04 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  

Actually no your not different, just look at the Jaguars!

I wish I had a recording of "Look at them Jaguars". Hahaha.
05-05-2012 06:33 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
Being a fan of the western most school in the Sun Belt, I'm not terribly against the idea of New Mexico State. They won't be any further for us to travel to than Florida.

But, at the same time, we're the new kids and at this point should only be speaking up about if something is CLEARLY a detriment to us (or if we can add a big value to the discussion). That, and I can absolutely understand everyone else being against it due to travel costs.
05-05-2012 06:47 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(05-05-2012 06:47 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  Being a fan of the western most school in the Sun Belt, I'm not terribly against the idea of New Mexico State. They won't be any further for us to travel to than Florida.

But, at the same time, we're the new kids and at this point should only be speaking up about if something is CLEARLY a detriment to us (or if we can add a big value to the discussion). That, and I can absolutely understand everyone else being against it due to travel costs.

We understand...completely. Right now you guys are going to have to settle on a peace offering of UT Arlington.

Could be worse...we are thinking of inviting Georgia State's instate nemisis, much to their...chagrin.
05-05-2012 06:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.