Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU not totally sure to join CUSA.....
Bookmark and Share
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
ODU not totally sure to join CUSA.....
...as per reports in this newspaper article: http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt-...1537.story

Excerpt:

Quote:Old Dominion, a member of the Colonial Athletic Association since 1991, is on the table. But a source said that the Monarchs were granted an extension in order to allow the school's leadership, including the Board of Visitors, to weigh a possible conference jump. The length of the extension is unclear, but C-USA officials have other potential targets for the 14th member. Middle Tennessee State of the Sun Belt Conference is most often mentioned.
05-01-2012 10:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
RE: ODU not totally sure to join CUSA.....
No! MTSU needs to stay in the Belt.
05-01-2012 10:23 PM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
If you're in the fast sinking Colonial, what's to ponder about?
05-01-2012 10:24 PM
Advertisement

GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
(05-01-2012 10:24 PM)AlaIllTex Wrote:  If you're in the fast sinking Colonial, what's to ponder about?

Good question!
05-01-2012 10:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
ODU's football coach about six months ago said that ODU would not change conferences unless they were joining an AQ FBS conference. Many took it that they would only leave to join the Big East. With AQ going away makes you think that that might not be such a big thing to them now.
05-01-2012 10:49 PM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(05-01-2012 10:49 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  ODU's football coach about six months ago said that ODU would not change conferences unless they were joining an AQ FBS conference. Many took it that they would only leave to join the Big East. With AQ going away makes you think that that might not be such a big thing to them now.

You also say a lot of things when you don't have an invite somewhere.

The 2 adds I wanted were MTSU and ODU. If MTSU president turned CUSA down then thats a shame not only for the fans but the growth of athletics at MTSU.
05-01-2012 10:59 PM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
(05-01-2012 10:49 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  ODU's football coach about six months ago said that ODU would not change conferences unless they were joining an AQ FBS conference. Many took it that they would only leave to join the Big East. With AQ going away makes you think that that might not be such a big thing to them now.

I can't believe he actually meant/believed that. Does he think that the ACC is going to call? CUSA wouldn't have announced (leaked) this if it wasn't done I dont think. If you're ODU, there isn't a better fit geographically and CUSA is historically considered a much higher starting point than could've been hoped for. Plus they might hire a new coach to go to FBS with. The MAC isnt a better fit nor is the Sun Belt (ECU and Charlotte).

They may need to get some approval to go to FBS from their board. Which they'll get.
05-01-2012 11:21 PM
Advertisement

cajunhawk Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(05-01-2012 10:59 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  

You also say a lot of things when you don't have an invite somewhere.

The 2 adds I wanted were MTSU and ODU. If MTSU president turned CUSA down then thats a shame not only for the fans but the growth of athletics at MTSU.

How much is the TV contract?
05-02-2012 07:57 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(05-01-2012 10:59 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  You also say a lot of things when you don't have an invite somewhere.

MTSU wants nothing to do with C-USA; just ask 'em. 05-stirthepot
05-02-2012 08:00 AM
Advertisement

cajunhawk Offline
Banned

(05-02-2012 08:00 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 10:59 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  You also say a lot of things when you don't have an invite somewhere.

FIU wants nothing to do with fan support...just ask 'em. 05-stirthepot
05-02-2012 08:04 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(05-02-2012 08:04 AM)cajunhawk Wrote:  

Seems C-USA wants something to do with FIU however; just ask 'em. 03-lmfao
05-02-2012 08:06 AM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

(05-02-2012 08:06 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 08:04 AM)cajunhawk Wrote:  

Seems C-USA wants something to do with FIU however; just ask 'em. 03-lmfao

They also want a team from Denton that no one in the DFW metroplex has even heard of, a team from Ruston that has blood on its knees and something on it's mouth from begging for a spot since 2005, and 3 teams that have yet to play a down of big boy football. Sounds like an elite group right there. I'm gonna call this group...the suck team 6. Killed Osama Bin Laden...nah...hitched their star to a really bad idea just for money...YUUUPPP!!!!
05-02-2012 08:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.