Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Mexico State has a lot to offer the Sun Belt
Bookmark and Share
nmsuaggies Offline
SunBeltbbs NMSU INsider

I Root For:
New Mexico State has a lot to offer the Sun Belt
This what NMSU has to offer.

AGGIE VISION. (Can be seen all over New Mexico, El Paso, Fox Sports Arizona, and Altitude. The games are also always picked up by ESPN 3, ESPN Gameplan, and ESPN Full Court.)

Here is a example of a broadcast done by Aggie Vision.

Aggie Football

Head Coach - DeWayne Walker who came to NMSU after being the DC at UCLA and before that spend many years in the NFL. Is in year 4 and right now it looks like NMSU will finally be bowl eligible and finish at the top of the WAC.

Aggie Memorial Stadium (30,300) There has been a lot of renovations to the stadium since we joined the WAC in 2005. Here are some pictures.

Here is a picture of the new scoreboard and walkway which connects the East and West sides of the Stadium. This is located north of the stadium.

[Image: ar122844707996751.jpg]

Picture of the stadium. You can also see part of the new building that is located south of the stadium.

[Image: I-25+Stadium+lo+res.jpg]

The Stan Fulton Building located south of the Stadium

[Image: 276293541_2bb8c9372e_z.jpg]

[Image: fulton-field.jpg]

Here is a link of pictures of new facilities that were built north of the Stadium in recent years.

Here is a link of pictures of the new coaching offices that were built for the football coaches only a few years ago.

Here is a link of the master plan of what Aggie Memorial Stadium will look like in the future.

Aggie Basketball

Head Coach - Marvin Menzies - He was hired in 2007. He has won 102 games in his first 5 seasons. He has gone to the NCAA tournament 2 times in the last 3 years. NMSU has been at the top of the WAC no finishing lower than 4th since he was hired. NMSU made it's 19th NCAA Appearance this past March. NMSU is also the favorite to win the WAC again in 2013.

Pan American Center (12,400) PAC had a 22 million dollar renovation done when we joined the WAC in 2005. The PAC also hosted the WAC tournament in 2007 and 2008. Here are some pictures.

[Image: VUNJPUIRHVTQGWA.20071209042907.jpg]

[Image: pan_02.jpg]

Here is a picture of the outside of the new Practice Facility, Lockerrooms, and coaching offices.

[Image: pan_american_ctr.jpg]

NMSU also replaced it's floor in November

[Image: 57047-w416.jpg]

NMSU atheltic has been at the top of the WAC the last 3 years. NMSU has also finished in the top 3 for the WAC Commissioners Cup the last 3 years. Aggie baseball was currently ranked in the top 25. They are currently in 1st place in the WAC right now. NMSU has a lot to offer. NMSU was also 16-10 while they were in the Sun Belt in the early 00's. You might not like to travel but everything other than makes NMSU a good edition to your conference. It would only make the conference better. Especially after what the football team is going to do in it's last season in the WAC>
05-01-2012 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: New Mexico State has a lot to offer the Sun Belt
I don't think the votes are there.
05-01-2012 09:28 PM
Glassonion Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: AppState
Move on, nothing to see here...
05-01-2012 09:29 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
You're just too far, man. I have nothing against NMSU as an institution or program. You're just too far.
05-01-2012 09:30 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
this is a heads up to NMST and their fans.

[Image: police%2Bstate%2Bkowulz%2Bmotivational%2Bposter.jpg]

Sun Belt fans, just say no.
05-01-2012 09:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MissouriStateBears Offline
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
If you could move New Mexico State to say Jackson, MS....
05-01-2012 09:32 PM
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

(05-01-2012 09:32 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  If you could move New Mexico State to say Jackson, MS....

I think NMST has a lot in common with rural Mississippi...

[Image: redneck.jpg]

Which is more reason NOT to invite them in.
05-01-2012 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
I remember some GREAT basketball games with New Mexico State when they were in the Belt.

It is unfortunate that they are put in this situation.

But it's New Mexico. We got rid of Denver. We are FINALLY a southeastern conference again.

That is a tough, tough sell.
05-01-2012 09:36 PM
trojanblood Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-01-2012 09:32 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  If you could move New Mexico State to say Jackson, MS....

New Mexicon State University @ Jackson. That would be an interested move...LOL
05-01-2012 09:37 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
I, like other SBC fans, have nothing against NMSU. I just don't think they are a good fit for the Sun Belt. We finally have a good footprint with Denver gone and I'd like to keep it that way.
05-01-2012 09:37 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
It was a fun series to me, lots of close games but it was a marriage of need. NMSU needed a home, the Belt needed bodies. Today NMSU again needs a home but we have options this time.

While I liked NMSU, they aren't a great fit and we went through some rough times because they chose a far-flung western membership over a far-flung southern membership.
05-01-2012 09:39 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Only thing I can say is they would be the answer to all the fans having a fit becuase of FCS move ups. They are already FBS!!
05-01-2012 09:45 PM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
It has a lot to offer. Its too far. I cant figure out why SJSU is in over you guys. NMSU probably has more fans. I'd ask CUSA because they're taking so many schools, what's onw more. And you're what, 40 miles from UTEP?
05-01-2012 11:40 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Loved my two trips out to Las Cruces. Enjoyed the fans there. Cannot forget the roasted chiles and New Mexican cuisine.

However......NMSU didn't travel at all here. We brought a couple of hundred to NM.

Nothing against NMSU or Idaho. Idaho fans were probably my favorite, behind the Cajuns. Vandal fans reminded me of Southern folks.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 11:44 PM by KAjunRaider.)
05-01-2012 11:43 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
My suggestion? Sue somebody.

NMSU and Idaho are just not in the footprint. We are the poorest league and we can afford extra travel less than anybody. It will be especially bad if one division gets socked with the costs.

I'm serious...get together with Idaho and start suing. You may not have a great case but maybe they will settle out of court to avoid having all their deliberations potentially turned over in discovery.
05-01-2012 11:53 PM
txstatebobcat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas State
(05-01-2012 11:43 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Loved my two trips out to Las Cruces. Enjoyed the fans there. Cannot forget the roasted chiles and New Mexican cuisine.

However......NMSU didn't travel at all here. We brought a couple of hundred to NM.

Nothing against NMSU or Idaho. Idaho fans were probably my favorite, behind the Cajuns. Vandal fans reminded me of Southern folks.

Personally I would love to have you guys with us. If not that then I hope that we at least schedule home and away contract with you guys.
05-01-2012 11:54 PM
Advertisement

tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
I don't think many people would have any problems if NMSU was added if they were in our footprint; the main problem is geography.
05-01-2012 11:57 PM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
(05-01-2012 11:53 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  My suggestion? Sue somebody.

NMSU and Idaho are just not in the footprint. We are the poorest league and we can afford extra travel less than anybody. It will be especially bad if one division gets socked with the costs.

I'm serious...get together with Idaho and start suing. You may not have a great case but maybe they will settle out of court to avoid having all their deliberations potentially turned over in discovery.

I'd agree. Idaho and NMSU probably could get their hands on some of the AQ money and possibly exit fees from USU, Fresno, Hawaii, Nevada, SJSU. TSU and UTSA left before they entered so that might be weaker. There's the BCS AQ money too. Sue for that to start.
05-02-2012 12:00 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
Not to be mean , but no way do we add a long travel partner like denver back in. I would say no to anyone west of dallas.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 07:15 AM by insideualr.)
05-02-2012 06:20 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
New Mexico State is just too far from the "footprint" of the SBC. Plain and simple. I've been to Las Cruces many times while visiting family. My daughter-in-law went to school there and I've had the opportunity to visit the campus on occassions. Nice place, nice facilities, but not a good fit for the Belt.
05-02-2012 06:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.