Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA takes ODU and Charlotte
Bookmark and Share
RaiderDoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle
CUSA takes ODU and Charlotte
According to this report from CBS, CUSA has settled on a 14 team league by adding ODU and Charlotte to go along with UTSA, FIU, LaTech, and NT.

Do Dah Link:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...y/18923863
05-01-2012 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
RE: CUSA takes ODU and Charlotte
Ok,

Time to wrap it up for us.

My hope is GA South and Appy.

It might be NMSU and Appy/GA South
05-01-2012 03:07 PM
GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
WOW! This is what Georgia Southern fans were waiting for, now I just hope we get our invitation in June!
05-01-2012 03:08 PM
GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
(05-01-2012 03:07 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Ok,

Could a 13 team league work? Is that not what the MAC did for a few years here recently?
05-01-2012 03:09 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(05-01-2012 03:09 PM)GaSouthern Wrote:  

Could a 13 team league work? Is that not what the MAC did for a few years here recently?

Ya we did. It is able to work but not what we want. It gives one division an unbalance schedule which causes problems incase of a tie.

I expect us to add JMU for 2013 at this point.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 03:17 PM by HuskieJohn.)
05-01-2012 03:16 PM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
This is great news! This pretty much says that App. State and Ga. Southern are off of CUSA's radar. So, now we can go ahead and lock them in for 2015 inclusion.

It is all coming together according to plan! In the end, from a football perspective, this move definitely bolsters our football product. Now we just need an eastern Olympic sports only school to help better our basketball and baseball.
05-01-2012 03:19 PM
Advertisement

97App Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Appalachian St
(05-01-2012 03:16 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:09 PM)GaSouthern Wrote:  

Ya we did. It is able to work but not what we want. It gives one division an unbalance schedule which causes problems incase of a tie.

If you could add App, GSU and JMU, (assuming NM State and TX State are in) that about wraps up my wish list for Sunbelt membership.
05-01-2012 03:20 PM
Eagleditka Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS Eagles
(05-01-2012 03:09 PM)GaSouthern Wrote:  Could a 13 team league work? Is that not what the MAC did for a few years here recently?

Yep, the MAC has had 13 teams since they added Temple. With Temple going to the Big East, they were replaced by UMass.
05-01-2012 03:20 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2012 03:20 PM)Eagleditka Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:09 PM)GaSouthern Wrote:  Could a 13 team league work? Is that not what the MAC did for a few years here recently?

Yep, the MAC has had 13 teams since they added Temple. With Temple going to the Big East, they were replaced by UMass.

sort of...

UMASS was brought in to give us 14 including Temple. However Temple got called up a few months ago before UMASS played a game in the MAC. We are likely looking for a 14th now but who knows when they will move.
05-01-2012 03:32 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2012 03:20 PM)97App Wrote:  

If you could add App, GSU and JMU, (assuming NM State and TX State are in) that about wraps up my wish list for Sunbelt membership.

You who? Sun Belt or MAC? I don't see the MAC taking in more than one football team this year for 2013.
05-01-2012 03:34 PM
Dedsquirrl Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(05-01-2012 03:34 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

You who? Sun Belt or MAC? I don't see the MAC taking in more than one football team this year for 2013.

He means Sun Belt.
Been a lot of App and GaSou talk going on around here.

And off topic:
On behalf of Falcons fans everywhere, I would like to thank you for Michael Turner.
05-01-2012 03:37 PM
Advertisement

topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
IF this is true, that should please ECU and Marshall for travel issues. Let's go ahead and pick up TX State, GA Southern, and Appy and call it a day. I don't know anything about our new potential schools in bball (I assume they are horrible and will hurt our RPI even more), but in a few years I can easily see the SBC surpass the MAC and CUSA in football.
05-01-2012 03:38 PM
Eagleditka Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS Eagles
Quote:And off topic:
On behalf of Falcons fans everywhere, I would like to thank you for Michael Turner.

This.
05-01-2012 03:39 PM
AlaIllTex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: South Ala
Well, I guess we're not the only one with call ups. ECU should be happy though. I'd be done for now. We can pick up App and Georgia Southern when they're ready. That means App wants to now and Ga Southern has a stadium seating 30,000.

Man, I would not want to be in the CAA. Sheesh.
05-01-2012 03:49 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Wow. Old Dominion and Charlotte over MT? Unbelievable is right. Good thing is for us the Sun Belt is now better than the CUSA - let's not even pretend that these new schools are an improvement over what they had. We're only losing UNT and FIU (not the best in the conference I might add) and we're gaining Texas State, Georgia State, and Texas-Arlington, with more maybe coming. Though I'd have liked to jump ahead of those FCS schools (which we should've been...) it's quite possible the SBC will be stronger than the CUSA rather rapidly. Personally I'd rather be in a conference with Texas State, Georgia State, App State, and Georgia Southern rather than with UTSA, Charlotte, and ODU. Looking good for the Sun Belt - the CUSA looks set up for disaster to me.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 03:57 PM by Ole Blue.)
05-01-2012 03:56 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
I am very happy about this. First, as an A-10 fan, Charlotte is gone. They never competed in basketball. Second, as a Sun Belt fan, Charlotte isn't going to park their football in the Belt while openly campaigning for another conference even before they play a down in our league.

How are ODU and Charlotte going to recruit and schedule for FBS without a firm move up date? And once that date is set, then CUSA will have to add those two programs to their conference RPI and watching it collapse. UNCC, ODU, UAB, Rice, Tulane, UNT, UTEP and UTSA have exactly one winning record in FBS in the last 6 years between all of those teams. FIU has never finished higher than 3rd in the Sun Belt. So they have USM, ECU, and Tulsa (who have performed well) and then they have La Tech and Marshall (who would be in the upper level of the Belt but would not be dominant).

CUSA is still better than the Belt, but .... they just reduced the difference between our conferences. Even if we take Appy, Ga So., and Texas State.

CUSA just committed an on goal
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 04:07 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
05-01-2012 04:06 PM
Advertisement

MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(05-01-2012 03:56 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  Wow. Old Dominion and Charlotte over MT? Unbelievable is right. Good thing is for us the Sun Belt is now better than the CUSA - let's not even pretend that these new schools are an improvement over what they had. We're only losing UNT and FIU (not the best in the conference I might add) and we're gaining Texas State, Georgia State, and Texas-Arlington, with more maybe coming. Though I'd have liked to jump ahead of those FCS schools (which we should've been...) it's quite possible the SBC will be stronger than the CUSA rather rapidly. Personally I'd rather be in a conference with Texas State, Georgia State, App State, and Georgia Southern rather than with UTSA, Charlotte, and ODU. Looking good for the Sun Belt - the CUSA looks set up for disaster to me.

Whatever makes you feel better bro.
05-01-2012 04:09 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2012 03:37 PM)Dedsquirrl Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:34 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

He means Sun Belt.
Been a lot of App and GaSou talk going on around here.

And off topic:
The Sun Belt adding Appy St and Ga So would be a good move.

I was in school with Turner and got to enjoy that time as a student. Didn't realize then what I was witnessing (defeating 3 AQ teams including @ Alabama) but it was fun!

You also just picked up our best (active) LB from this season.
Pat Schiller
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 04:13 PM by HuskieJohn.)
05-01-2012 04:11 PM
GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
CUSA will be renamed-----SUNWACUSA
05-01-2012 04:15 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(05-01-2012 04:06 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  ... FIU has never finished higher than 3rd in the Sun Belt.

I know you are lazy but check my sig Tom. You can't be sun belt champs by finishing 3rd, just sayin'.

So go modify your talking points and repost.
05-01-2012 04:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.