Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Your honest assesment of Troy since we jointed the Belt.
Bookmark and Share
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
Your honest assesment of Troy since we jointed the Belt.
I'm curious to know what our mates think of the little ole Troy State team in the middle of no where who got a FBS invite and has flourished into Troy University. And here's a little info of our projection in about ten years.

1. Enrollment. currently around 9k on the Troy Campus in a city with about 10k people. Within the next few years we will break into 10k and keep moving up as the old houses around campus are replaced by apartments.

2. Baseball. Feel free to be honest because I sure as heck will! Baseball has improved to one of the nicest looking facilities in the conference despite only seating about a little over 2000. But from what I have seen the old one was spirited but was run down.

3. Football. While I'm not sure of the timeline on this I have seen the old football stadium pictures and heard stories about it from my Grandfather who used to work in Troy in the 60's it's come a long way since. If we had the funds construction on closing the end zone would be happening but from what I know donations are being worked on to start it. On a side note the view of the arena from the unclosed side is going to be a sweet background.

4. Basketball 03-lmfao. All I need to say about 4000 seat Sartain Hall which is now officially done with hosting Troy basketball. In 2010 we won the division or won something having to do with the conference. The new facility already looks beautiful and will hold 5200 for basketball and around 6000 for events.
02-29-2012 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

RE: Your honest assesment of Troy since we jointed the Belt.
And on recruiting I don't understand why we don't put more effort in getting oversea's talent. I mean you can't walk five steps in Troy without seeing an Asian student already. It would really help our horrible sports like Track and Cross Country if we started recruiting guys from Trinidad, Jamaica, and Africa and they would not just be athletes. I have come across some very academically focused people from places like Nigeria trying to become doctors and such.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 01:28 PM by TrojanCampaign.)
02-29-2012 01:28 PM
GoBigRed26 Online
1st String

I Root For: stAte
(02-29-2012 01:21 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  I'm curious to know what our mates think of the little ole Troy State team in the middle of no where who got a FBS invite and has flourished into Troy University. And here's a little info of our projection in about ten years.

1. Enrollment. currently around 9k on the Troy Campus in a city with about 10k people. Within the next few years we will break into 10k and keep moving up as the old houses around campus are replaced by apartments.

2. Baseball. Feel free to be honest because I sure as heck will! Baseball has improved to one of the nicest looking facilities in the conference despite only seating about a little over 2000. But from what I have seen the old one was spirited but was run down.

3. Football. While I'm not sure of the timeline on this I have seen the old football stadium pictures and heard stories about it from my Grandfather who used to work in Troy in the 60's it's come a long way since. If we had the funds construction on closing the end zone would be happening but from what I know donations are being worked on to start it. On a side note the view of the arena from the unclosed side is going to be a sweet background.

4. Basketball 03-lmfao. All I need to say about 4000 seat Sartain Hall which is now officially done with hosting Troy basketball. In 2010 we won the division or won something having to do with the conference. The new facility already looks beautiful and will hold 5200 for basketball and around 6000 for events.

I didn't realize Troy had a Universty system. I thought the 23k enrollment was how many students were in Troy. Now I see there are campuses at Dothan, Phenix City, and Montgomery too. Anyways, 9k+ is not bad, it was what stAte was at 10 years ago when I was in school. Now we are over 14k. I think Troy has been a great member of the Belt. They have been one of the top football programs since joining, and have a great baseball program too. Basketball hasn't been as good, but everyone can't always be the best at everything.
02-29-2012 01:28 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

Nope. We have 8k something undergrads and the rest are graduate students if we had 23k we would probably be selling out basketball, football, and baseball considering how we are doing now with 9k students. I'm excited because believe it or not basketball hasn't been that bad the facility we were in was literally a high school level facility the seating was on the sides, when players went out of stands they would be in the bleachers, and the scoreboard looked like the Predator Self Destruct numbers. But we were successful in FCS and won a share of the Sun Belt regular season title in 2010.

I really hope the arena helps us turn the corner.
02-29-2012 01:36 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
03-melodramatic

When you fish for compliments, you won't usually catch anything...
02-29-2012 02:26 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Why ? You gotta be a Tech posters relative.03-melodramatic
02-29-2012 02:29 PM
Advertisement

TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

Wasn't fishing for comments.

Was just curious because I saw that we were in the bottom of the Bubba Cup standings and UALR doesn't even play football. And I've noticed a lot people have a very negative view or don't know much about us.
02-29-2012 02:33 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(02-29-2012 02:33 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  Wasn't fishing for comments.

Was just curious because I saw that we were in the bottom of the Bubba Cup standings and UALR doesn't even play football. And I've noticed a lot people have a very negative view or don't know much about us.

If you weren't fishin', put down your rod & reel and take off your hip boots.03-melodramatic
02-29-2012 02:42 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

Troy is my most favorite beyotch.
02-29-2012 03:55 PM
trojanbrutha Offline

(02-29-2012 03:55 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Troy is my most favorite beyotch.

That's only because of wearing a skirt and those damn rufies...let's see how y'all handle being the prom queen...
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 06:22 PM by trojanbrutha.)
02-29-2012 05:11 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
I think you are the best Trojans in the Belt.
02-29-2012 06:15 PM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(02-29-2012 06:15 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  I think you are the best Trojans in the Belt.

Speaking of football....right?
02-29-2012 08:35 PM
Tuffguy21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
If you're looking for an honest assesment of you're schools athletics program from an outsiders view, here goes.

When I think of troy, I think of your football program first and foremost, which has been the best in the belt for a while before this season. Larry Blakeney is a good coach who has gotten yall to a championship caliber type squad year in and year out. The SOTS is the best Football band in the belt in my opinion and feeds into that, they are a great loud band who does a great job with their game day atmosphere from what I've seen of them in lafayette.

Basketball, I never really fear the trojans in this sport, but the one thing that sticks out has been 3 pt shooters, yall always seem to have em, but conversely, I never seem to think of Troy as having any kind of defense. I tend to think of them as one of the lesser programs in the belt in the sport, and hope that at some point Troy gets it turned around so they can actually help the RPI of the SBC soon, unfortunately that is a sentiment that a lot of the conference carries.

Baseball, yall are very good every other year, I tend to still think of yall as the new kids on the block as UL, USA, FIU, and FAU are more the traditional powers, Yall are definitely in the top half, but budging some of these teams who are the traditional powers is difficult. If yall make a push into a super regional, or atleast to championship monday, you'll join this group in my opinion.

Fan attendance, I know in football yall are ok, Basketball I don't really know, but baseball is only behind UL as far as attendance. Generally speaking, I think of Troy as the traditional football power in the conference right now, and fade a little to baseball, and a lot more past that sport.
02-29-2012 09:11 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
When I think of Troy, I honestly think of the baseball program. I do believe they are 16-3 against ASU in the last 5 seasons...its quite scary.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 10:11 PM by chiefsfan.)
02-29-2012 10:10 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
Troy has proved it on the field that is all that matters...04-rock

You due a lot with little.. Southern Miss of the Sun Belt04-cheers

I still can't see how you guys let LSU came back in that game..03-banghead
02-29-2012 10:15 PM
trojanbrutha Offline

(02-29-2012 10:15 PM)Fear The Frog Wrote:  Troy has proved it on the field that is all that matters...04-rock

I still can't see how you guys let LSU came back in that game..
03-banghead

60 minutes for players...and coaches. No lack of effort, but some lack of execution and some suspect play-calling were thought to be good eexcuses by us fans. :muttering:
02-29-2012 10:24 PM
Advertisement

Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
(02-29-2012 10:24 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 10:15 PM)Fear The Frog Wrote:  Troy has proved it on the field that is all that matters...04-rock

I still can't see how you guys let LSU came back in that game..
03-banghead

60 minutes for players...and coaches. No lack of effort, but some lack of execution and some suspect play-calling were thought to be good eexcuses by us fans. :muttering:

We were their our selves we just let one get away RGIII...03-banghead
02-29-2012 10:29 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I think Troy is going to have a difficult time matching their past football success. The momentum they earned has now been lost. Not that they'll be a bad Sun Belt football program, but it will be much more difficult for them to outshine the average Sun Belt teams henceforth.

The coaching commitments that the Cajuns, Red Wolves, and Mean Green (and i guess Panthers, and Owls?) have made, along with the potential and recent success of WKU and MT, make it hard for me to see Troy being anything special in football the future.

I'm sure the same doubts could be placed on stAte's football future . . . and football is really the sport that matters, as much as we all might like basketball and baseball.

Then again - I don't know who will even be in the Sun Belt in 2 years, so what do I know?
02-29-2012 10:35 PM
trojanbrutha Offline

(02-29-2012 10:35 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  I think Troy is going to have a difficult time matching their past football success. The momentum they earned has now been lost. Not that they'll be a bad Sun Belt football program, but it will be much more difficult for them to outshine the average Sun Belt teams henceforth.

The coaching commitments that the Cajuns, Red Wolves, and Mean Green (and i guess Panthers, and Owls?) have made, along with the potential and recent success of WKU and MT, make it hard for me to see Troy being anything special in football the future.

I'm sure the same doubts could be placed on stAte's football future . . . and football is really the sport that matters, as much as we all might like basketball and baseball.

Then again - I don't know who will even be in the Sun Belt in 2 years, so what do I know?

Ya know...? I was thinkin' the same thing...03-lmfao
02-29-2012 10:39 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-29-2012 08:35 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(02-29-2012 06:15 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  I think you are the best Trojans in the Belt.

Speaking of football....right?

Football, and class, and baseball. But yeah, not everything.
02-29-2012 11:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.