Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
To UCONN Fans
RIVER CITY PIRATE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina

I have not seen a whole lot of UCONN posters on this board. However if you are out there what are your opinions of Skip Holtz???
12-02-2004 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

is he up for the ECU job possibly?
12-02-2004 10:11 AM
Special Teams

Appears that way.
12-02-2004 10:35 AM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

I think he did 'OK' at UConn before we made the move to 1-A. His last season, we actually beat the eventual champion UMass twice during the regular season. We finished the regular season at 9-2 and made the quarterfinals, losing 52-30 to Georgia Southern. Skip was all offense and no defense.

Take this for what it's worth, but after he left UConn to go coach with his dad at South Carolina, he sort of got demoted. Not sure of all the details there.
12-02-2004 01:25 PM
Advertisement

catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU

Quote:Take this for what it's worth, but after he left UConn to go coach with his dad at South Carolina, he sort of got demoted. Not sure of all the details there.

Well...to be fair to Skip Holtz...he never really was OC at South Carolina. He wanted to run a balanced spread offense...Lou overrode that and ran a run oriented spread offense, with the QB draw being the primary play. Skip called the plays....but Lou had final say and usually overrode what Skip called.
After the '03 season...especially the season ending 63-17 loss to Clemson...Lou was under fire to make some changes. He fired a bunch of coaches, demoted Skip from OC to Offensive Asst, and then went out in '04 and ran the same exact offense he'd ran the previous two years.
12-02-2004 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Skip Holtz? It sounded like ECU fans were hoping to make more of a splash with their football hire with a name like Ron Zook or Jim Donan...

River City Pirate....do you think ECU fans are going to be happy /satisfied with the younger Holtz??

Jackson
12-02-2004 03:43 PM
Special Teams

The jury is still out for me. Holtz seems to be better the more you learn about him.

I do not know about other Pirates. I personally would have liked to seen Zook.
12-02-2004 03:55 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Skip was a decent coach at UCONN. He left when the program decided to go D1A. We dont know how he would have done at D1A. Anyway, we are glad we got Randy Edsall and he is doing great.

Good luck with Skip. I hope he does well.
12-02-2004 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
pirate65 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

RIVER CITY PIRATE Wrote:The jury is still out for me. Holtz seems to be better the more you learn about him.

I do not know about other Pirates. I personally would have liked to seen Zook.
i don't think the ECU fan base is happy at all with the choice, if in fact, it is Skip Holtz. i for one am not happy with the choice. i have emailed my thoughts to our AD Terry Holland. i think we had way better in Steve Logan, should have brought him back. i thought JT was a bad hire at ECU and said so, from day one. i think Skip Holtz is not a good hire for ECU. i hope i am wrong 03-confused
12-02-2004 10:20 PM
pirates4life Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Give it up man. Quit trying to do TH job. Support ECU and the players and the coaches no matter who it is. Its really not your call to make. Read the gamecock message boards they have nothing but great things to say about him. This is time for a fresh start. Enough with the Logan crap.

Actually there are alot of pirate fans happy about the hire. There is a very small minority that are in a disagreement. Its time to come together and get this ship turned around.
12-02-2004 10:39 PM
Advertisement

Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

In case anyone was wondering, it's official: Skip Holtz to ECU.

<a href='http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/7955087' target='_blank'>http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/...l/story/7955087</a>
12-03-2004 12:32 AM
pirates4life Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

By the way your commissioner recommended Skip to our Athletic Director.
12-03-2004 09:05 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:By the way your commissioner recommended Skip to our Athletic Director.

-- Really....that is interesting...where did you hear this from?

Jackson
12-03-2004 09:38 AM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

pirate65 Wrote:
RIVER CITY PIRATE Wrote:The jury is still out for me.&nbsp; Holtz seems to be better the more you learn about him.

I do not know about other Pirates.&nbsp; I personally would have liked to seen Zook.
i don't think the ECU fan base is happy at all with the choice, if in fact, it is Skip Holtz. i for one am not happy with the choice. i have emailed my thoughts to our AD Terry Holland. i think we had way better in Steve Logan, should have brought him back. i thought JT was a bad hire at ECU and said so, from day one. i think Skip Holtz is not a good hire for ECU. i hope i am wrong 03-confused
Anybody that is still beating the Logan drum is completely out of touch with reality! The guy is gone, and he is not coming back. You may need to seek counseling to help you deal with the facts.

I hope you are wrong about Skip as well!
12-03-2004 12:54 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:By the way your commissioner recommended Skip to our Athletic Director.

-- Really....that is interesting...where did you hear this from?

Jackson
I have heard that as well, but I don't have any way to verify the validity of it.
12-03-2004 12:56 PM
Special Teams

pirates4life Wrote:By the way your commissioner recommended Skip to our Athletic Director.
I beleive this was said on 1250 am. This could mean that the communication lines are indeed open between the Big east and ECU.
12-03-2004 01:04 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.