PreSnap Read-Top 10 non-BSC QB's...
Bookmark and Share
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
PreSnap Read-Top 10 non-BSC QB's...
http://www.presnapread.com/10-non-b-c-s-...-the-rise/

Two belt QB's on there.

Ryan Aplin, Arkansas State (senior) Aplin has already proved himself as a starter over the last two years, and impressed even when a part-time starter, used in certain packages, as a freshman. His career — and you can say the same of the program — took off under Hugh Freeze last fall, when Aplin threw the ball with far greater consistency while remaining the best running quarterback in the Sun Belt. Anyone familiar with Gus Malzahn’s recent history knows what’s coming in 2012: Aplin will be the best quarterback in the conference. Perhaps that’s not such a stretch, seeing that he was the Sun Belt’s best even before Malzahn rode into Jonesboro in December.

Blaine Gautier, La.-Lafayette (senior) Mark Hudspeth played musical chairs at quarterback in September, alternating Gautier with Chris Masson, the incumbent starter at the position, before handing the reins over to Gautier for the Sun Belt opener against Florida International. How Gautier responded to the full-time role was the biggest surprise of the conference season; you knew he could run, but Gautier’s ability to throw in Hudspeth’s spread offense made him one of the more dangerous dual-threat quarterback on the non-B.C.S. conference level. He saved his best passing performances for two of the Ragin’ Cajuns’ biggest wins on the year: Gautier threw for 355 yards and 4 scores against Louisiana-Monroe and another 470 yards against San Diego State in the New Orleans Bowl.
02-03-2012 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
RE: PreSnap Read-Top 10 non-BSC QB's...
(02-03-2012 02:41 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  http://www.presnapread.com/10-non-b-c-s-...-the-rise/

Two belt QB's on there.

Ryan Aplin, Arkansas State (senior) Aplin has already proved himself as a starter over the last two years, and impressed even when a part-time starter, used in certain packages, as a freshman. His career — and you can say the same of the program — took off under Hugh Freeze last fall, when Aplin threw the ball with far greater consistency while remaining the best running quarterback in the Sun Belt. Anyone familiar with Gus Malzahn’s recent history knows what’s coming in 2012: Aplin will be the best quarterback in the conference. Perhaps that’s not such a stretch, seeing that he was the Sun Belt’s best even before Malzahn rode into Jonesboro in December.

Blaine Gautier, La.-Lafayette (senior) Mark Hudspeth played musical chairs at quarterback in September, alternating Gautier with Chris Masson, the incumbent starter at the position, before handing the reins over to Gautier for the Sun Belt opener against Florida International. How Gautier responded to the full-time role was the biggest surprise of the conference season; you knew he could run, but Gautier’s ability to throw in Hudspeth’s spread offense made him one of the more dangerous dual-threat quarterback on the non-B.C.S. conference level. He saved his best passing performances for two of the Ragin’ Cajuns’ biggest wins on the year: Gautier threw for 355 yards and 4 scores against Louisiana-Monroe and another 470 yards against San Diego State in the New Orleans Bowl.

Good press for the SBC . . hopefully, both of those guys will have a fantastic 2012 and keep SBC football in the news.

Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana
02-03-2012 07:39 PM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(02-03-2012 07:39 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 02:41 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  http://www.presnapread.com/10-non-b-c-s-...-the-rise/

Two belt QB's on there.

Good press for the SBC . . hopefully, both of those guys will have a fantastic 2012 and keep SBC football in the news.

Hopefully the SBC does the right thing and keeps ASU vs. UL at the end of the year. Nothing spells ratings and interest like the two top teams playing for the conference title. Hopefully we can do better than ESPN3 in 2012.
02-04-2012 02:15 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Those are 2 outstanding talents. Gives me a headached just thinking about them against FIU. Congrats!
02-04-2012 02:44 PM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(02-04-2012 02:15 PM)cajunhawk Wrote:  

Two belt QB's on there.

Hopefully the SBC does the right thing and keeps ASU vs. UL at the end of the year. Nothing spells ratings and interest like the two top teams playing for the conference title. Hopefully we can do better than ESPN3 in 2012.

A little presumptuous there...boy, you Cajuns are really smelling yourselves right now.
02-05-2012 01:15 AM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

(02-05-2012 01:15 AM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  

Two belt QB's on there.

A little presumptuous there...boy, you Cajuns are really smelling yourselves right now.
And we smell like New Orleans Bowl Champions...whereas...you smell like Monroe...and I would rather not smell like Monroe. But it's ok...we get to pound you guys into the ground week one. Get your filth out of the way early.
02-05-2012 01:44 AM
Advertisement

TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
Birmingham Southern College has QB's? 03-lmfao
02-05-2012 08:53 PM
TexasWarhawkBrother Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM,FSU,UNC
(02-05-2012 01:44 AM)cajunhawk Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 01:15 AM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  

Two belt QB's on there.

And we smell like New Orleans Bowl Champions...whereas...you smell like Monroe...and I would rather not smell like Monroe. But it's ok...we get to pound you guys into the ground week one. Get your filth out of the way early.

lmao ok one hit wonders we'll see and your team will be the one getting pounded.
02-06-2012 01:00 AM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

So when has ULM ever been a one hit? I loved the pounding you guys gave us this past year...oopps. Year before? Nope. Eventually it will happen for ULM...the Southland is an easier conference I hear.
02-06-2012 01:10 AM
Special Teams

i was referring there to ULL being a one hit wonder. Yeah what a come-back 2 1 point wins in back to back years. you played a cupcake schedule OOC last year besides Oklahoma State. How's back to back losses to WKU feel ? Save all your gatorade water-cooler talk for when ULL vs ULM comes around !!!
02-06-2012 08:41 AM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

A W is a W is a W. They felt bad to lose to WKU, a team I know we were better than both years. But...such is life. Cupcake? Kent State went 5-7, Arizona had the 4th best passing offense in the nation, and you cannot fault us for playing Nichols...didn't ULM play Grambling? I'm sorry you guys rely to heavily on money games. Blame your administration. How does being consistently the worse team in every Sun Belt sport feel? It has to feel pretty bad...fortunately...I have no idea what that is like.
02-06-2012 09:11 AM
Advertisement

Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
(02-06-2012 09:11 AM)cajunhawk Wrote:  A W is a W is a W. They felt bad to lose to WKU, a team I know we were better than both years. But...such is life. Cupcake? Kent State went 5-7, Arizona had the 4th best passing offense in the nation, and you cannot fault us for playing Nichols...didn't ULM play Grambling? I'm sorry you guys rely to heavily on money games. Blame your administration. How does being consistently the worse team in every Sun Belt sport feel? It has to feel pretty bad...fortunately...I have no idea what that is like.

In literally every thread you post in you sound like the most angry 12 year old little boy in the world.

Go jerk off or something for **** sake. You really need to relax.
02-06-2012 12:20 PM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

(02-06-2012 12:20 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 09:11 AM)cajunhawk Wrote:  A W is a W is a W. They felt bad to lose to WKU, a team I know we were better than both years. But...such is life. Cupcake? Kent State went 5-7, Arizona had the 4th best passing offense in the nation, and you cannot fault us for playing Nichols...didn't ULM play Grambling? I'm sorry you guys rely to heavily on money games. Blame your administration. How does being consistently the worse team in every Sun Belt sport feel? It has to feel pretty bad...fortunately...I have no idea what that is like.

In literally every thread you post in you sound like the most angry 12 year old little boy in the world.

Waffle...House...
02-06-2012 01:12 PM
Special Teams

(02-06-2012 01:12 PM)cajunhawk Wrote:  

Waffle...House...

i'm sure you do know what it feels like because you were the worst team in 09 and 10 before 11 and i'm sure you'll be back down at the bottom of the belt in 12. Pretty sure we weren't the worst team in the belt.. that belonged to Troy,Middle Tennesse, and FAU last season. Wow you have 1 winning season and think your s**t don't stink. have some class man !!!
02-06-2012 03:15 PM
slappycajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
We weren't last in 2009. And we have had more than one winning season.
02-06-2012 03:20 PM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

(02-06-2012 03:15 PM)TexasWarhawkBrother Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 01:12 PM)cajunhawk Wrote:  

Waffle...House...

i'm sure you do know what it feels like because you were the worst team in 09 and 10 before 11 and i'm sure you'll be back down at the bottom of the belt in 12. Pretty sure we weren't the worst team in the belt.. that belonged to Troy,Middle Tennesse, and FAU last season. Wow you have 1 winning season and think your s**t don't stink. have some class man !!!
Wrong again there chap. UL hasn't been the worst team in the belt since...well since before 2002. ULM was the worst team in the SBC in 2003. But were talking about program wise. It is widely known that ULM brings up the stinky rear when looking at a total program and how it performs as a whole. Do I need to link you to the standings in the Bubas Cup? Too friggin bad, I'm gonna.

http://www.sunbeltsports.org//pdf8/764628.pdf

Look at that...pitiful. Only half a point better than UALR, and they don't even have a football team. I expect more of the same when the 2012 Bubas Cup standings come out.

I will give you one thing...in football the past 8 or 9 years, but UL and ULM have been middle of the pack to bottom run teams in the SBC. We seem to have broken out of our funk...do you think Todd Berry is the guy to pull you out of yours? You can call it no class if you want to but the reality of the situation is I am talking truths and you just can't handle it.
02-06-2012 03:45 PM
Advertisement

Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
Pissing contests aside, that's an interesting little pdf. Cool to see USA where its at with no football team as well as our history from 1988-2000.
02-06-2012 05:29 PM
Special Teams

we will see if he pulls us out of our funk.... handle it LMAO... ULL in 2002 was 3-9 ULM in 2002 3-9 fair to say finished the same near the bottom of the conference that year but the ones who finished last were Idaho 2-10 and Utah State 4-7. 2003-ULL 4-8 ULM 1-11 you guys finished better there. 2004 ULM 5-6 ULL 4-7 we finished better. 2005 ULL 6-5 ULM 5-6 again you finished better there. 2006-ULL 6-6 ULM 4-8 edge ULL. 2007-ULM 6-6 ULL 3-9.2008-ULL 6-6 ULM 4-8 2009-ULM 6-6 ULL 6-6 even. 2010-ULM 5-7 ULL 3-9 2011-ULL 9-4 ULM 4-8. Western Kentucky finished ahead of you this past season. 2012 is going to be totally different and it is way too early to start predicting things when spring ball hasn't started yet and the rosters and schedules aren't officially finished either. I'll save the smack talking for the season when games are actually played and we can witness results until.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 05:43 PM by TexasWarhawkBrother.)
02-06-2012 05:42 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Me thinks the Smack Talk board will be having a new addition shortly...
02-06-2012 05:56 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
(02-06-2012 05:56 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Me thinks the Smack Talk board will be having a new addition shortly...

I wish the mods could just banish him there lol.

I'm still trying to understand what waffle house has to do with Troy considering I've yet to see a city without since it's really one of the only chains that stays open all night.

But I find it ironic that anyone in the south is trying to joke about diets, especially someone from Louisiana. If he goes to Colorado and looks at the people and comes back to LAFAYETTE and looks around he probably won't be saying waffle house to much more. I don't need to say anything else besides fried trout head a meal I had and laughed about while I was there.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 08:19 PM by TrojanCampaign.)
02-06-2012 08:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.