klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Whatchya Drinkin?
If you are a beer Aficionado(I am not) try these beers:

1.Bourbon County Stout - created by Goose Island brewmaster

2.Bosteel Kwak Amber - Belgium

There Bleeds, changed the topic.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012 09:08 AM by HuskiemobileMan.)
01-12-2012 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

RE: Beers that you need to try
I used to try a lot of different beers, but I keep falling back to

Coors Light
Goose Island 312

But I have recently enjoyed all manner of beers from New Belgium Brewery like:

Fat Tire
Trippel
Ranger IPA
Mothership Wit
Hoptober
Snow Day
01-12-2012 01:40 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Don't like IPAs.

Coors and Buttwipers dont drink either
01-12-2012 01:41 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
My tastes have evolved a bit in the past few years. I used to be a huge hater of winter beers but I recently bought the Goose Island Mild Winter and am a huge fan of that. Not quite as powerful as Sam Adams Winter Lager, but a bit more manly than the summer beer I usually enjoy.

My favorite beers, in no specific order:
Goose Island
-Mild Winter
-Summertime

Sam Adams
-Coastal Wheat
-Summer Ale

New Belgium
-Summersault

New Glarus
-Spotted Cow
-Totally Naked

I would say 312 and Spotted Cow are my "go to beers". The beer that I would buy if I was going to a party to drink for the night. The rest of them I will buy a sixer of and maybe have one or two a week (not as much in the past 6 months as I have been trying to get in shape and beer is not conducive to that). Next winter I will be working on more winter brews, this winter though my beer intake is much more restricted.
01-12-2012 02:01 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

The Blue Moon Winter is decent. Sam Adams Winter is good too.
01-12-2012 02:03 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

Bud Lime
MGD 64
O'Douls

Who coming over to PAR-TAY?

Acutally, this time a year I like buying winter sampler packs.
New Belgium
Lennies
Sam Adams

Does any drink Point Special, from Steven Point (WI) Brewery? If you see their sampler, pick it up - it's not bad at all. In the summer, regular Point Special beer is easy drinking and not that expensive. Also, DO NOT buy Lacrosse Lager - it like an Old Style, but worse.
01-12-2012 02:16 PM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(01-12-2012 02:01 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  My tastes have evolved a bit in the past few years. I used to be a huge hater of winter beers but I recently bought the Goose Island Mild Winter and am a huge fan of that. Not quite as powerful as Sam Adams Winter Lager, but a bit more manly than the summer beer I usually enjoy.

Goose Island
-Mild Winter
-Summertime

Sam Adams
-Coastal Wheat
-Summer Ale

New Belgium
-Summersault

New Glarus
-Spotted Cow
-Totally Naked

I would say 312 and Spotted Cow are my "go to beers". The beer that I would buy if I was going to a party to drink for the night. The rest of them I will buy a sixer of and maybe have one or two a week (not as much in the past 6 months as I have been trying to get in shape and beer is not conducive to that). Next winter I will be working on more winter brews, this winter though my beer intake is much more restricted.

Love those Cows. Every now and then my employer sends me to New Berlin, WI for a service call, and so I will make sure to stock up on Spotted Cows. I still have a surplus case.

I also found some Yuenglings on my trip to Mobile.

04-cheers
01-12-2012 03:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-12-2012 03:11 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 02:01 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  My tastes have evolved a bit in the past few years. I used to be a huge hater of winter beers but I recently bought the Goose Island Mild Winter and am a huge fan of that. Not quite as powerful as Sam Adams Winter Lager, but a bit more manly than the summer beer I usually enjoy.

Goose Island
-Mild Winter
-Summertime

Sam Adams
-Coastal Wheat
-Summer Ale

New Belgium
-Summersault

New Glarus
-Spotted Cow
-Totally Naked

Love those Cows. Every now and then my employer sends me to New Berlin, WI for a service call, and so I will make sure to stock up on Spotted Cows. I still have a surplus case.

I also found some Yuenglings on my trip to Mobile.

04-cheers

Yuenglings are bad!! piss water
01-12-2012 03:16 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(01-12-2012 03:16 PM)klake87 Wrote:  Yuenglings are bad!! piss water

Normally I can fall all over a beer bandwagon, but like you I don't understand Yuenglings.......
01-12-2012 03:54 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Goose Island
-Mild Winter
-Summertime

Sam Adams
-Coastal Wheat
-Summer Ale

New Belgium
-Summersault

New Glarus
-Spotted Cow
-Totally Naked

While not a bad selection of beers, its certainly not too adventurous. haha Those are the beers I drink when, on the rare occasion, I want something good but for whatever reason I want it to be light. Summery, I guess.

The girlfriend and I both share a love for strong imperial stouts so we have been drinking lots of those since it has gotten colder. I like the hoppy gloriousness of IPAs but its a love it or hate it thing. Girlfriend hates really hoppy beers.

Klake, you ever drink Kwak out of the proper Kwak glass?
[Image: Pauwel-Kwak-Beer-by-ifoodufood.jpg]
01-12-2012 04:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PeoriaHuskie11 Offline
1st String

I would recommend the Schlafly beers. Brewed in St. Louis. Not my favorite, but still good
01-12-2012 04:33 PM
Advertisement

pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
01-12-2012 04:55 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-12-2012 04:04 PM)niuguy Wrote:  

Goose Island
-Mild Winter
-Summertime

Sam Adams
-Coastal Wheat
-Summer Ale

New Belgium
-Summersault

New Glarus
-Spotted Cow
-Totally Naked

While not a bad selection of beers, its certainly not too adventurous. haha Those are the beers I drink when, on the rare occasion, I want something good but for whatever reason I want it to be light. Summery, I guess.

The girlfriend and I both share a love for strong imperial stouts so we have been drinking lots of those since it has gotten colder. I like the hoppy gloriousness of IPAs but its a love it or hate it thing. Girlfriend hates really hoppy beers.

Klake, you ever drink Kwak out of the proper Kwak glass?
[Image: Pauwel-Kwak-Beer-by-ifoodufood.jpg]

Yep, Glenview House!!! Two others got the beer after I got my first one. Very Tasty!!!04-cheers
01-12-2012 05:17 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

Not to braaaaag but my first Kwak was had in brussels. :D
01-12-2012 06:17 PM
Rock Bottom Offline
All American

I Root For:
I LOVE Goose Island Green Line. You can only get it on tap. Give it a try if you haven't already -- IMO it's the best GI beer there is. (I wish they sold it in bottles so I could enjoy it at home.)
01-12-2012 08:01 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-12-2012 08:01 PM)Rock Bottom Wrote:  I LOVE Goose Island Green Line. You can only get it on tap. Give it a try if you haven't already -- IMO it's the best GI beer there is. (I wish they sold it in bottles so I could enjoy it at home.)

Sitting at fox and hounds now. On tap. Will try@ buffalo grove one nice
01-12-2012 08:04 PM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Just got an old rasputin. Russian impetial ale
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 08:32 PM by klake87.)
01-12-2012 08:29 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-12-2012 08:29 PM)klake87 Wrote:  Just got an old rasputin. Russian impetial ale

Its a stout. Real good
01-12-2012 08:33 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
surprised that Two Brothers, a local microbrew in all our backyards (warrenville) hasn't been mentioned!
01-12-2012 11:58 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

(01-12-2012 08:33 PM)klake87 Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 08:29 PM)klake87 Wrote:  Just got an old rasputin. Russian impetial ale

Its a stout. Real good

My girlfriend was drinking recently at my local watering hole, two guys next two us were a little more than impressed. haha. I was proud.
01-13-2012 12:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.