Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

State Basketball
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
State Basketball
After years of ho hum could the Pack be on the way back? They may not be great but they seem to be pretty good and most importantly, improving. All five starters are averaging around 12 points a game, Calvin Leslie seems much more mature, Williams does a little bit of everything, Brown is one of the conferences better point guards, Wood is shooting 2 pointers once in a while and the post seems to be strong with Howell. Johnson and Painter are doing well off the bench. They are still trying to learn how to keep a lead and I would think it would help to be able to go 8 or 9 deep rather than 7. But the Maryland win was a good start. Could the pack end up challenging UVA for the best of the rest award?
01-09-2012 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: State Basketball
You guys played Cuse pretty tough...take away the huge run and it was pretty much a tossup
01-09-2012 08:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
We have been "in" some games we would have gotten blown out of last year. Still, it's hard to say only 1/3 of the way through the season.
01-09-2012 09:17 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
It isn't that NCST is suddenly better. It is that the rest of the ACC is suddenly alot worse.
01-09-2012 10:00 PM
Advertisement

dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(01-09-2012 10:00 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  It isn't that NCST is suddenly better. It is that the rest of the ACC is suddenly alot worse.

I would have to disagree. State is considerably better this year, especially in the mental aspects of the game. They have more confidence. They don't give up. The coaching staff pushes them. Coach Lowe suggested that they hit the weight room. That's not the case this year. The players believe in what they are doing. In the x's and o's there is an effective offense in place and the players are executing. Their loses so far have been to Cuse, Vanderbilt, Indiana and Stanford if I'm not mistaken. In previous years they would have lost at least a couple of games to teams that that never should have beaten them like ECU or New Orleans. And in the games they lost they were for the most part competitive. On the down side the inability to finish strong is their hardest habit to break but they are improving there.

The ACC wasn't hitting on that much last year either, yet State couldn't win but what, five conference games? They will surely win more than that this year. Now if they end up winning 13 or 14 conference games I'll come back and agree with you. If they win 9 to 12 then I'd say it was a team that improved a great deal taking advantage of teams that are down. If they win less than 9 games then I'd say my optimism was misguided.
01-09-2012 11:19 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(01-09-2012 10:00 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  It isn't that NCST is suddenly better. It is that the rest of the ACC is suddenly alot worse.

Hopefully SU and Pitt help jump-start ACC basketball again.
01-10-2012 12:18 AM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
Good win against the Terps the other night. I love all our first year coaches...
01-10-2012 09:47 AM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
How in the hell did you manage to lose to team Paul Hewitt Hangover? Even worse -- you lost at home. We are so bad I didn't even know about the game. I didn't even have my PVR record the game. Paul Hewitt Hangover was 6-28 on the road in the last three seasons, and 1-10 last year.

Not only is the rest of the ACC bad -- so are you.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 02:54 AM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
01-12-2012 02:45 AM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators
But they are better than dook.
01-12-2012 04:49 AM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(01-12-2012 02:45 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  How in the hell did you manage to lose to team Paul Hewitt Hangover? Even worse -- you lost at home. We are so bad I didn't even know about the game. I didn't even have my PVR record the game. Paul Hewitt Hangover was 6-28 on the road in the last three seasons, and 1-10 last year.

GT made a bizzion 3pters and state was about as flat as you can get. That's a bad combination.
01-12-2012 10:04 PM
Advertisement

Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies
I'm sure State will beat Wake this weekend. :muttering:
01-13-2012 09:33 AM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
(01-12-2012 02:45 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  How in the hell did you manage to lose to team Paul Hewitt Hangover? Even worse -- you lost at home. We are so bad I didn't even know about the game. I didn't even have my PVR record the game. Paul Hewitt Hangover was 6-28 on the road in the last three seasons, and 1-10 last year.

GT has had flashes of some good. Unfortunately they had a flash of good when State had a relapse.
01-15-2012 08:33 AM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies
(01-13-2012 09:33 AM)Lucy Wrote:  I'm sure State will beat Wake this weekend. :muttering:

Well, I didn't expect them to win by 36 though...03-banghead
01-16-2012 11:35 AM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
The Wolfpack looked very good last night, putting away a team they were supposed to dispose of. Great job!!

Hopefully CJW can recover and get back on the floor....
01-20-2012 09:30 AM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

Another good win today. They were able to take Miami's best shot and never give up the lead. Wood and Painter looked really good and Williams seemed to be fully recovered from his injury. Five players averaging between 12.2 and 12.9 ppg speaks to their balance and selflessness. Wood also broke the ACC free throw record. Now if we can knock off Carolina on Thursday!
01-22-2012 10:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.