Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My top EMU FB recruiting targets
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
My top EMU FB recruiting targets
This is what I have been thinking for a while now. I did have Laudermill in my top 10 (actually top 5) before he committed to NMSU.

To use a basketball metaphor, I believe getting these recruits is like making a 3 point shot. Odds are more lke 25 - 35%. Don't expect to see a half dozen at EMU. I'd be happy with say 4.

All of this information is from public recruiting sites. I just put it into a single list.

Of course, if we knew who was visiting this weekend (and next) things would be much clearer as the last say 6 - 8 scholarships will be up for grabs.

1). Stephon Hall - Detroit DT with very good potential. Good H.S. DTs with size are very hard to recruit in the MAC. Teammate of verbal Amos Houston.

2). Kenneth Mouton - QB is the 2nd hardest position to recruit at the MAC level. Could be a very good fit in the Gillett/Mouton offense. EDIT: 1/8/2012 Committed to Navy.

3). Quincy Jones - Would make a very nice MAC WR. Excellent talent.

4). Remaine Douglas - Florida DL who will be visiting EMU. Dennis says, "Recruit, Recruit, Recruit". I say 'Recruit DL, Recruit DL, Recruit DL". Moves up the list because he is apparently serious about EMU. Has multiple Sun Belt offers/visits scheduled.

5). EDIT: Juwan Lewis - RB - Michigan. Scout.com has him visiting EMU NEXT (1/13) weekend. Also will visit Miami (O).

6). Kyle Ready - DL - holds a ton of offers at the MAC level, etc. DLs are gems. Slim chance? Might be ranked higher if seriously interested in EMU. (EDIT: Supposedly committed to WMU per Monroe News).

7). Eric Williams - QB from Ohio. Is he still a possibility?

8). Mike Baker - QB who has been an enigma recruiting wise.

9). Shaq Joyner/Robert Gregory - two Simeon players who need grades, etc. but they are from Chicago Simeon and we like Chicago FB players.

10). Nathan Hoff - Ohio h.s. DL. Has many MAC and military academy offers. No recent updates from Rivals/Scout. Does that suggest a military academy?????

11). Charles Davis - sleeper pick. Post grad kid who was a verbal to Rutgers. Now open and mentions EMU. CB. (CBs are hard to find). Maybe should be rated much higher. Could enroll somewhere as a January signee.

12). Sterling Johnson - LB/K Birm. Seaholm. Offered in Nov. by EMU. Has a very good OT teammate, Gibbs, who might walk on to UofM. I'd take both as a package deal in a heart beat. Think of Gibbs and think of Hansen who turned down a preferred walk-on at Nebraska. Both the same size and have potential.

I would have put Laudermill and his DL teammate, Ziam Jones, #4 on this list. Both were collecting late offers from FBS schools. Could have plugged some holes at DT next season.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 12:28 PM by emu steve.)
01-05-2012 05:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: My top EMU FB recruiting targets
Great list. I agree with everything. We still have the scholarships to land a bunch of those guys...hopefully we can.

I'm surprised we've yet to add a RB in this class, considering that our offense used three, sometimes four of them a game. Juwan Lewis, a 3-star from the western part of the state, is still uncommitted and has offers from us, WMU, Toledo, and Buffalo. If I were a RB, I'd want to come here.
01-05-2012 07:54 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-05-2012 07:54 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  Great list. I agree with everything. We still have the scholarships to land a bunch of those guys...hopefully we can.

I'm surprised we've yet to add a RB in this class, considering that our offense used three, sometimes four of them a game. Juwan Lewis, a 3-star from the western part of the state, is still uncommitted and has offers from us, WMU, Toledo, and Buffalo. If I were a RB, I'd want to come here.

I looked at Lewis but saw no evidence of a 'recruiting relationship' between he and EMU. (EDIT: This has changed. He is visiting EMU).

My list was based on both need and my gut reaction as to whether or not the recruits had any real interest in EMU.

My major 'needs' were DL and QB and then ability. (as 'Nickle and other indicate players grow in size and change positions in college. I'm not going to get any taller but an 18 year old might.).

My list has approximately 15 kids and I'd be happy with 4 or 5 (plus one or two from Chicago Simeon).
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 06:34 AM by emu steve.)
01-05-2012 08:03 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
We're up to 16 commits, that suggests we have anywhere from 5-7 more to give out.

I too would like a quality RB who could redshirt next year. I would like another dominant DB and of course a QB or two.
01-05-2012 08:54 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I went to Scout.com and see where we HAVE offered Lewis along with 1/2 of the MAC.

I'll add him into my list.
01-05-2012 10:34 AM
Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Eagles
Steve, you are the recruiting GURU - KEEP THE INFO COMING - GOOD TO READ AND SPECULATE
01-05-2012 10:51 AM
Advertisement

NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
(01-05-2012 10:51 AM)Dennis Hoopster Wrote:  Steve, you are the recruiting GURU - KEEP THE INFO COMING - GOOD TO READ AND SPECULATE

I agree with you Dennis, EmuSteve keeps this site very interesting and worth coming back to daily for information about our team..
01-05-2012 12:15 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-05-2012 12:15 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 10:51 AM)Dennis Hoopster Wrote:  Steve, you are the recruiting GURU - KEEP THE INFO COMING - GOOD TO READ AND SPECULATE

I agree with you Dennis, EmuSteve keeps this site very interesting and worth coming back to daily for information about our team..

I love FB recruiting because this time of year with a subscription to Scout.Com and Rivals.Com and some time, wondrous deeds one can accomplish. 02-13-banana

It seems every year more and more information relevant to EMU recruiting is out there 04-cheers

January is the time when a recruit says: "I will visit X on January 6, Y on January 13 and Z on January 20 and then make my decision".

Pretty straightforward but suspenseful. Will he take all 3 visits? Will one school be 'it' for him and he stops there and commits on the spot?

If he commits elsewhere how about the next recruit at his position?

Now hoops is another matter.... 03-banghead
01-05-2012 12:28 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Hopefully, 4 weeks from now we can look back at this list and see how many we got.

My only caveat is that we need to be realistic.

One of these QBs, one H.S. DL, one high potential player (e.g., Jones, Lewis, etc.), maybe one DB, etc. would be a very, very good finish for the recruiting year.

I hope we know much, much more by Monday January 23.
01-05-2012 12:33 PM
Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

Knowing English, expect some last minute surprises in recruiting. The program is at a point now where we can expect to sigmn some late kids that are dropped by others.

Keep the faith, could get a bigtime QB or RB, possibly even a burner with size at WR.

Pasr recruiting accomplishments have always produced a fewlast minute kids we never heard about. Grades could play an issue as well.
01-05-2012 12:38 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I still remember late last January when Cotton, and Russell and Scott and Reed all committed within 36 hours.

One committed that Thursday morning and then the others committed Friday. EdgyTim was following the Simeon press conference with Scott, Reed, and Bryant (UofM).

I was at a T&F meet and trying to check EdgyTim while a poster here was e-mailing. "Scott and Reed to EMU."

Great time!!
01-05-2012 12:44 PM
Advertisement

KPJ Offline
1st String

(01-05-2012 12:44 PM)emu steve Wrote:  I still remember late last January when Cotton, and Russell and Scott and Reed all committed within 36 hours.

One committed that Thursday morning and then the others committed Friday. EdgyTim was following the Simeon press conference with Scott, Reed, and Bryant (UofM).

I was at a T&F meet and trying to check EdgyTim while a poster here was e-mailing. "Scott and Reed to EMU."

Great time!!

Hopefully we see more moments like this one this year.... (See attachment)

Attached File(s)
.jpg  recruiting.jpg (Size: 65.7 KB / Downloads: 15)
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 03:11 PM by KPJ.)
01-05-2012 03:10 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-05-2012 03:10 PM)KPJ Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 12:44 PM)emu steve Wrote:  I still remember late last January when Cotton, and Russell and Scott and Reed all committed within 36 hours.

Great time!!

Hopefully we see more moments like this one this year.... (See attachment)

What was funny is that they wanted to have their high school numbers, (#1 and #2) and English agreed.

But I thought how could this be if we already have a #1 and #2.

The answer: Can have duplicate numbers but one has to be offense and the other on defense. 03-idea

And yes some programs have more than 100 players so duplicate numbers are used.
01-06-2012 06:42 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

BTW, there is probably a lull in recruiting info probably until say Sunday evening.

What typically happens is that visitors will let a recruiting service know if they have made a decision.

Scout.com has a hotlist e-mail service where they will e-mail information the recruit provides.

This could be a recruit visiting EMU this weekend OR an EMU recruit visiting ANOTHER school.

Rivals.com is quite good if you have it and case do a search for updates in the last week or 48 hours.

Just remember the news could be positive OR negative.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 09:55 AM by emu steve.)
01-06-2012 09:53 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2012 10:34 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I went to Scout.com and see where we HAVE offered Lewis along with 1/2 of the MAC.

I'll add him into my list.

Lewis will be at EMU next weekend. Arrording to this Scout report EMU and Miami are his top 2.

The team captain averaged over 6 yards per carry and was noticed by programs across the Midwest. “I have offers from Miami, Eastern Michigan, Toledo, Western Michigan and Buffalo,” Lewis said. Ranked as a top 20 player and top 3 running back in the state, Lewis also made official visits to Michigan.

With less than a month before Signing Day, Lewis is whittling down his list. “One of the most important things to me is academics. Miami is very serious about academics and seems very dedicated to making sure my future is as bright as it can be,” he said. Because of that, Juwan Lewis will be visiting Oxford on January 20th after a stop in Ypsilanti, Michigan the week before to visit Eastern Michigan.
01-06-2012 12:42 PM
Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

Interesting! He is the only RB we are reruiting isn't he? A MAC sized RB at 5'10 200. Would prefer a big back, say 6;2 210 - 215 but hey Lewis is a 3 star

Anyone know of any other RB's English might be recruiting?

Need one RB and at least one QB in this class.

Steve, any sleepers out there?
01-06-2012 12:47 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
ESPN has this player "considering" us, Chris Barr out of Ohio:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...arr-126032

Also Horne out of Wisconsin. My bet is that he will go BCS:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...rne-100194
01-06-2012 01:40 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-06-2012 12:47 PM)Dennis Hoopster Wrote:  Anyone know of any other RB's English might be recruiting?

Need one RB and at least one QB in this class.

Steve, any sleepers out there?

No.

I did a search with both Rivals and Scout and Horne was the only other one I found and he is visiting two B1G schools and not listed as visiting EMU.
01-06-2012 01:54 PM
Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

(01-06-2012 01:40 PM)emu79 Wrote:  ESPN has this player "considering" us, Chris Barr out of Ohio:

GOOD FIND EMU79 - LONGSHOTS BUT YOU NEVER KNOW! A LOT OF THESE KIDS IF THEY WAIT TOO LONG MIGHT LOSE A SCHOLARSHIP OR AT LEAST A SCHOLARSHIP OF THEIR CHOICE. COULD BE A BIGTIME RB MIGHT FALL TO US. TOUGH TIME OF THE YEAR WHETHER TO OFFER OR HOLD SCHOLIES FOR AWHILE
01-06-2012 01:58 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-06-2012 01:58 PM)Dennis Hoopster Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 01:40 PM)emu79 Wrote:  ESPN has this player "considering" us, Chris Barr out of Ohio:

GOOD FIND EMU79 - LONGSHOTS BUT YOU NEVER KNOW! A LOT OF THESE KIDS IF THEY WAIT TOO LONG MIGHT LOSE A SCHOLARSHIP OR AT LEAST A SCHOLARSHIP OF THEIR CHOICE. COULD BE A BIGTIME RB MIGHT FALL TO US. TOUGH TIME OF THE YEAR WHETHER TO OFFER OR HOLD SCHOLIES FOR AWHILE

Dennis,

Do you go to Vegas (play poker) and try to draw inside straights?????

I'd love to play poker opposite to you.

I'd put our chance of getting Horne as 1:100.

Horne has a dozen offers and two visits with Big Ten schools and no known visit for EMU.
01-06-2012 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.