Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ASU names DC
Bookmark and Share
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
ASU names DC
ASU hires Keith Patterson, interim HC at Pitt. DC/LB at Pitt this year. DC at Tulsa for years before that.
01-04-2012 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: ASU names DC
I'm very excited about this hire! Coaching staff chemistry is important.
01-04-2012 10:18 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
“I am excited to bring Coach Patterson on board and we welcome him to our Arkansas State family,” coach Gus Malzahn said. “We are getting one of the nation’s top-tier defensive coordinators and one of the top defensive minds in college football.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_...nsas-state

Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana
01-04-2012 10:34 PM
Advertisement

Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
Nice that he chose to go with the good ASU and not those Devils. Really a great fit and he knows what it takes to coach defense when the offense scores in bunches and I have a feeling ASU will do just that next season. I would not be shocked at all if ASU averaged near 50 points next season, so he should have a little buffer during his first year.
01-05-2012 07:18 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
He'll reportedly make around 200K. A month ago our head coach was paid in that range.

Things sure are escalating quickly at Arkansas State . . . I think someday we'll look back at this point in Sun Belt football history, the last few months, and recognize it as point at which the conference really took off.
01-05-2012 09:16 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(01-05-2012 09:16 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  He'll reportedly make around 200K. A month ago our head coach was paid in that range.

Things sure are escalating quickly at Arkansas State . . . I think someday we'll look back at this point in Sun Belt football history, the last few months, and recognize it as point at which the conference really took off.

You could be right. New Stadiums for UNT/FAU, Head Coaching Salary increases across the board. 3 bowl teams for the 2nd year in a row.

Not to bad for a FBS Football confrence with only 11 years in existence.
01-05-2012 09:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.