Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Power Rankings Week 12
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Power Rankings Week 12
With todays results, these picks are pretty obvious.

1. ASU. (Remaining games, @ MTSU, vs Troy) Red Wolves once again find a way to win without playing their best ball. They will clinch a share of the SBC title and the leagues guaranteed bowl berth with a win in 1 of their last 2. Trip to MTSU this weekend, which has been a personal hell for ASU fans for years.

2. WKU (Remaining games, @ UNT vs Troy) Toppers established themselves as the clear #2 in the league with UL's loss and a well played game against #1 LSU. WKU is 5-5 and still has work to do for a bowl, they may be facing a bowl elimination game for both sides @ UNT this week. (Raise your hand if you had WKU bowling before the year began)

3. UL (Remaining game @ Arizona) Cajuns finish 6-2 in league, and out of the conference title picture most likely with the loss to ASU today. They would need ASU to lose twice to earn a share. Belt Bowls cannot send out invites until after the guaranteed Bowl Bid is determined, so dont expect a Cajuns NO Bowl invite until after the ASU/WKU race is decided.

4. FIU (Remaining games, @ ULM, @ MTSU) Panthers earn bowl eligibility with the win over FAU, but are not guaranteed a bowl berth by any stretch. With a fan base that has yet to prove it can travel well consistantly, FIU may be left hoping the St Pete bowl comes open to get a spot.

5. UNT (Remaining games, vs WKU, vs MTSU) Mean Green stay alive in the bowl picture with a win @ Troy, but they must win both of their remaining games to gain eligibility. They are not guaranteed a bowl berth, however if they beat WKU handily, and Birmingham comes open, I could possibly see them sneaking in there.

6. ULM (Remaining Games, vs FIU, @ FAU) Warhawks got to 3-7 with a blowout of MTSU today. While their season is almost over, there could be some positive vibes for the program should they figure out a way to beat FIU and FAU and get to 5 wins. That would leave them left wondering what might have been in losses to ASU and UL.

7. Troy (Remaining games, vs FAU, @ WKU, @ ASU) Trojans will have a chance to earn positive vibes against FAU, before the tough road swing to finish the year. They have the offense to scare both WKU and ASU, the question is do they have the defense?

8. MTSU (Remaining games, vs ASU, vs FIU, @ UNT) Blue Raiders had a chance to leapfrog into 6th by beating ULM this week, instead they go and get blown out and stay in 8th. They face an interesting prospect of playing an ASU team at home that they absolutely own history wise next week, but also an ASU team that is 1 win away from a League Title.

9. FAU (Remaining games, @ Troy, vs UAB, vs ULM) The real question left for the Owls after the loss to FIU today is whether or not they can win 1 for Schnelly. They have 2 very winnable games against teams from Alabama left, however right now it looks like FAU fans are more willing to help Schnelly pack.

Truthfully, this is the easiest week ive had ranking wise. I still remember that a few months ago I rated WKU 9th after they got embarrased by Indiana State, now here they are in 2nd and playing for a bowl berth. What a turnaround by Taggert's kids.
11-13-2011 03:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
RE: Power Rankings Week 12
Can't argue with your rankings. WKU played a great first half against LSU. Next weeks game at UNT will be a good one. North Texas is 3-1 at home this season, with the only loss coming to a top 10 Houston team. Our fans will show up for this game, and it will be loud. I hope Dunbar will be able to play.
11-13-2011 10:50 AM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
You could have just put TROY is terrible. That would have sufficed.

I would switch Louisiana and WKU then it would be spot on.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2011 12:46 PM by troy4ever21.)
11-13-2011 12:23 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Gotta put Arkansas State, ULL and FIU as 1,2,3.
11-13-2011 12:42 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-13-2011 12:42 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Gotta put Arkansas State, ULL and FIU as 1,2,3.

Huh? Western beat both UL and FIU. No matter how much we may hold against them for the Indiana State loss, they deserve to be ranked there.
11-13-2011 01:04 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(11-13-2011 01:04 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-13-2011 12:42 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Gotta put Arkansas State, ULL and FIU as 1,2,3.

Huh? Western beat both UL and FIU. No matter how much we may hold against them for the Indiana State loss, they deserve to be ranked there.

bu...bu...bu...but. they suck. western sucks.

haters gonna hate.

i don't know what western did to the unt fans except lose to them every time...gift wrapping a couple...when they were a bottom 5 team in the country and could beat nobody but us. but they keep a keg of hater juice on tap down in denton.

and i have no faith of beating them. we never have. i guess our loss next week plays into the hater rankings.
11-13-2011 01:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

(11-13-2011 01:30 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

haters gonna hate.

i don't know what western did to the unt fans except lose to them every time...gift wrapping a couple...when they were a bottom 5 team in the country and could beat nobody but us. but they keep a keg of hater juice on tap down in denton.

and i have no faith of beating them. we never have. i guess our loss next week plays into the hater rankings.

I don't hate. Just my opinion that the top three teams in the conference are 1. Arkansas State 2. ULL 3. FIU. Beleive that most rating sites agree. Link a site that has WKU ahead of FIU in power ratings.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2011 02:04 PM by MG61.)
11-13-2011 01:38 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
With the first 4 games including I understand why WKU is low in the power rankings, but make no mistake that the current WKU team is not the same team that played those first 4 games and I think most can agree with that. Thats like saying butler in basketball was not good at the end of the season because they lost to evansville early in the season
11-13-2011 02:08 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(11-13-2011 01:30 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

haters gonna hate.

We don't hate WKU. I've actually gained some new respect for Western over the past few weeks. WKU had a great first half against LSU last night. Even though WKU is surging, North Texas does have a home field advantage. Apogee was designed that way.

And for the record, I agreed that WKU should remain 2nd in this weeks rankings. Now, come next Sunday, I don't beleive that will be the case.
11-13-2011 02:11 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

Latest BCS Rankings

#34 Arkansas State
#48 ULL
#81 FIU
#82 WKU
#86 North Texas
#106 Troy
#107 ULM
#111 Middle Tennessee
#117 FAU

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/bcs
11-13-2011 02:28 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

good thing this is chiefsfan's thread and not the cbssports thread.

why didn't you just say you blindly follow cbs instead of doing like chiefsfan does where he breaks down why he has who ranked where. he's been doing it all year.

see dahbeed below addressing the unt faithful.

(11-13-2011 02:28 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Latest BCS Rankings

#34 Arkansas State
#48 ULL
#81 FIU
#82 WKU
#86 North Texas
#106 Troy
#107 ULM
#111 Middle Tennessee
#117 FAU

11-13-2011 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

(11-13-2011 02:54 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  good thing this is chiefsfan's thread and not the cbssports thread.

why didn't you just say you blindly follow cbs instead of doing like chiefsfan does where he breaks down why he has who ranked where. he's been doing it all year.

#34 Arkansas State
#48 ULL
#81 FIU
#82 WKU
#86 North Texas
#106 Troy
#107 ULM
#111 Middle Tennessee
#117 FAU

You're just ticked because I don't agree with WKU being rated above FIU. Live with it 05-stirthepot
11-13-2011 03:15 PM
ToppersInDaVille Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
MG has more hater-aid toward WKU than any MUTS fan I know.

One day WKU is going to kick NT's butt, and MG is going to have a heart attack. Hopefully it comes this week!
11-13-2011 03:18 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-13-2011 03:15 PM)MG61 Wrote:  
(11-13-2011 02:54 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  good thing this is chiefsfan's thread and not the cbssports thread.

#34 Arkansas State
#48 ULL
#81 FIU
#82 WKU
#86 North Texas
#106 Troy
#107 ULM
#111 Middle Tennessee
#117 FAU

You're just ticked because I don't agree with WKU being rated above FIU. Live with it 05-stirthepot

The issue is how you are ranking them. All you really have to say is that CBS has UL and FIU (albeit FIU barely) ahead of WKU. But you are forgetting that CBS is taking the Indiana State game into account. I took that game into account for a few weeks, until it became clear that WKU had improved significantly from that game.

The other issue is that I believe you have WKU 4th, because you think UNT will beat them next week, and thats all fair and good. But I cant base my rankings on what I THINK is going to happen in the future. I am ranking them on what I have seen NOW. (and for the record I have seen every SBC team except MTSU and FAU, and Ill see MTSU this weekend)

I understand what CBS says, but I also have seen UL, FIU, and WKU play this year and from what I saw, WKU is as good as both of those teams, and WKU beat them both this year, earning the #2 ranking.

Your bias against WKU, and strong belief in UNT is keeping you from ranking the teams objectively.
11-13-2011 03:31 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(11-13-2011 03:31 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

#34 Arkansas State
#48 ULL
#81 FIU
#82 WKU
#86 North Texas
#106 Troy
#107 ULM
#111 Middle Tennessee
#117 FAU

The issue is how you are ranking them. All you really have to say is that CBS has UL and FIU (albeit FIU barely) ahead of WKU. But you are forgetting that CBS is taking the Indiana State game into account. I took that game into account for a few weeks, until it became clear that WKU had improved significantly from that game.

The other issue is that I believe you have WKU 4th, because you think UNT will beat them next week, and thats all fair and good. But I cant base my rankings on what I THINK is going to happen in the future. I am ranking them on what I have seen NOW. (and for the record I have seen every SBC team except MTSU and FAU, and Ill see MTSU this weekend)

I understand what CBS says, but I also have seen UL, FIU, and WKU play this year and from what I saw, WKU is as good as both of those teams, and WKU beat them both this year, earning the #2 ranking.

Your bias against WKU, and strong belief in UNT is keeping you from ranking the teams objectively.

I have Arkansas State. ULL and FIU ranked in that order because that is my opinion. Threw the link in just to show that others think the same. Since you're not a mind read, please quit gazing in your crystal ball and saying what I think. I don't agree with you so you say I have a bias.I don't have a bias against WKU, just beleive they are not #2 or #3 in the conference. Live with it.05-mafia
11-13-2011 03:45 PM
Tuffguy21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns

#34 Arkansas State
#48 ULL
#81 FIU
#82 WKU
#86 North Texas
#106 Troy
#107 ULM
#111 Middle Tennessee
#117 FAU

I agree that for our rankings on here, we don't need to take the Indiana State game into consideration, each weeks power rankings should be a reflection of the kind of football those teams are playing at that time. With that said, CBS, the BCS, and any other ranking will use that game as part of the ranking because their ranking shouldn't be a snapshot of who is playing the best football at the time, it should be the culmination of the whole season, that includes all highs and lows. So I guess in the end, it depends on how you view the ranking, is it a snapshot of whos playing the best football right now, or is it the culmination of the seasons work.

With that said, If you were curious, your ranking is exactly how I would rank them as well.
11-13-2011 03:53 PM
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(11-13-2011 03:45 PM)MG61 Wrote:  

#34 Arkansas State
#48 ULL
#81 FIU
#82 WKU
#86 North Texas
#106 Troy
#107 ULM
#111 Middle Tennessee
#117 FAU

I have Arkansas State. ULL and FIU ranked in that order because that is my opinion. Threw the link in just to show that others think the same. Since you're not a mind read, please quit gazing in your crystal ball and saying what I think. I don't agree with you so you say I have a bias.I don't have a bias against WKU, just beleive they are not #2 or #3 in the conference. Live with it.05-mafia

MG61 is correct. He has a right to his opinion, regardless of whether it is void of evidence to back it up. Nevertheless, these are SBC power rankings based on a week by week basis. Meaning......it is not a total season ranking but week by week in the conference. WKU is 5-1 with only a loss to ASU and wins over UL and FIU and road wins over FAU, ULM, And the MUTS. No logically person would list FIU or UL above WKU when considering a week by week basis in conference. Now, this weekend's games may change that but at the moment, WKU is number 2.
11-13-2011 03:54 PM
ntmeangreen11 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
I think WKU is better than us top to bottom.

However, I still think our game this weekend will be neck and neck because we have home field advantage(And it gets LOUD in Apogee) and we're playing better than we were at the beginning of the season as is WKU. This game will be decided by less than five points, and it could go either way.

The key thing to watch in this weeks game is whether or not we can atleast contain Rainey. I think we'll be able to put up some points provided Dunbar plays and gets atleast half of the carries. Both teams will be playing for the same thing, a chance to finish .500 or better(WKU would get to 7 if they win most likely) and by some miracle a bowl bid, so I'm sure we'll get a great hardfought game.
11-13-2011 04:15 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(11-13-2011 04:15 PM)ntmeangreen11 Wrote:  I think WKU is better than us top to bottom.

However, I still think our game this weekend will be neck and neck because we have home field advantage(And it gets LOUD in Apogee) and we're playing better than we were at the beginning of the season as is WKU. This game will be decided by less than five points, and it could go either way.

The key thing to watch in this weeks game is whether or not we can atleast contain Rainey. I think we'll be able to put up some points provided Dunbar plays and gets atleast half of the carries. Both teams will be playing for the same thing, a chance to finish .500 or better(WKU would get to 7 if they win most likely) and by some miracle a bowl bid, so I'm sure we'll get a great hardfought game.

i don't have stats in front of me but i don't believe bobby is getting the number of carries he was earlier. keyshawn simpson has been getting some carries lately and the offense loves going to the tight ends also.

i expect it to be a good game. i watched most of your game against troy and you guys look better than last year and last year you manhandled us. plus you're at home.

no way i pick us to win because we never have. i would think we will give you a better game than last year. i hope so.
11-13-2011 04:43 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(11-13-2011 03:45 PM)MG61 Wrote:  

#34 Arkansas State
#48 ULL
#81 FIU
#82 WKU
#86 North Texas
#106 Troy
#107 ULM
#111 Middle Tennessee
#117 FAU

you can clear this all up if you would simply explain 'why' you don't believe they're worthy of number 2 or 3.

what is your logic?

you can't use 'because a poll says so'

explain why you have them behind 2 teams they beat. we didn't beat some team that beat them. we beat THEM and played the undefeated conference leader a respectable game.
11-13-2011 04:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.