Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Revive Indianapolis Bowl
Santa Fe Falcon Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

It appeared two years ago that the Indianapolis Bowl, played in the Hoosier Dome between the Big East and the MAC, would become a reality. Everything I read said that the stumbling block was convincing city officials. Why they were reluctant I don't know, although I read that some kind of athletic event had recently failed and this had made officials gunshy. The organizing group for an Indianapolis Bowl was the same one that has made the Motor City Bowl a success, averaging over 50,000 in attendance. And incidentally, this same group is who was promoting the Toronto Bowl.

If the Big East and the MAC were to strengthen their support of an Indianapolis Bowl, maybe it could be revived. It would be a natural for Cincinnati and Louisville and maybe West Virginia.
06-09-2005 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

It would be great also for Pitt and the Notre Dame situation. That would be five teams within about 4 to 5 hrs of the bowl out of 9 possible teams!! Indy is a fun town with plenty of hotels etc.
06-09-2005 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.