Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
With BC,VT gone who will be SU's rival??
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse

BC/VT were the 2 games that I loved to see SU play. SU has played BC every year since 1956 in football and the Basketball series was growing too. VT was another team that many in CNY will miss, so many great football games between SU-VT :frown:

Only reason I would want SU in ACC would be playing BC/VT again. SU BB/lax would play Duke,Maryland,UVA,NC.

I would had preferred SU,BC,VT going to ACC and Miami staying in Big East with UofL, everyone would be happy :D
06-15-2005 03:44 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

PusherT Wrote:BC/VT were the 2 games that I loved to see SU play. SU has played BC every year since 1956 in football and the Basketball series was growing too. VT was another team that many in CNY will miss, so many great football games between SU-VT :frown:

Only reason I would want SU in ACC would be playing BC/VT again. SU BB/lax would play Duke,Maryland,UVA,NC.

I would had preferred SU,BC,VT going to ACC and Miami staying in Big East with UofL, everyone would be happy :D
I would not have been happy being in the acc. I still enjoy WV, and Pitt. Now we get to enjoy Louisville and Cincy and USF. Its not the same as Miami, VT and BC, I know, but I just dont like the acc. Never did. I love the BE, then comes the Big10.
06-15-2005 06:22 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

PusherT Wrote:BC/VT were the 2 games that I loved to see SU play. SU has played BC every year since 1956 in football and the Basketball series was growing too. VT was another team that many in CNY will miss, so many great football games between SU-VT :frown:

Or hows about the old Big East 8 plus Connecticut, Louisville, Cincinnati, and South Florida? Would that have been satisfying as well?
06-15-2005 07:41 PM
Jackson1011 Online

I Root For:

Quote:BC/VT were the 2 games that I loved to see SU play. SU has played BC every year since 1956 in football and the Basketball series was growing too. VT was another team that many in CNY will miss, so many great football games between SU-VT 

-- I'm not sure why this is going to be an issue since it looks like Syracuse and BC are going to be playing in football soon anyway....WVU and Maryland have a great rivalry that is a non conference affair

-- And just for the record...Virginia Tech is a much bigger loss to WVU fans then anyone else in the league...WVU and VT are basically sister schools (both in Appalachia, fan bases almost identical) the schools have played each other in every major sport since the 1950s, the two schools were close enough were fans could easily travel between games....and I think it culturally had an effect on WVU as well...now WVU may be the only rural school in the BE and one of the few were football is bigger then basketball

Jackson
06-15-2005 08:41 PM
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Texas A&M Univ

wvu's series with Va.Tech started in 1912-1917, 1952-current

wv u's series with syracuse started in 1945.
06-15-2005 10:18 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Online
Legend

I'm convinced UConn will be SU's big rival in FB within 5 years. (geography, fan base and BB rivals)
06-15-2005 11:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

TexanMark Wrote:I'm convinced UConn will be SU's big rival in FB within 5 years. (geography, fan base and BB rivals)
Agreed. I think both schools will be helped with this rivalry. Annual UCONN vs. CUSE game should be a good one with a lot of local fan interest. Bunch of SU fans have already invaded the Boneyard and vice versa. I dont think UCONN fans hate SU fans yet like they hate BC fans, but things are getting uglier by the day.

I am looking forward to see UCONN take on Cuse at the Rent this year. I think UCONN will be ready for this one. The Rent will be rocking with a sold out crowd and the Huskies will win on national TV.
06-16-2005 04:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

brista21 Wrote:

Or hows about the old Big East 8 plus Connecticut, Louisville, Cincinnati, and South Florida? Would that have been satisfying as well?
That would have been SWEET.....

UMiami
USF
VTech
L'ville
WVU
Cincinnati

S'cuse
BC
Rutgers
Pitt
UConn
Temple or ECU or Villanova
06-16-2005 01:55 PM
SUinOhio Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I agree that UConn will be SU's eventual main rival. It already is in basketball and will spill over to football. Lots of SU alum are in the NYC metro area.

We will miss he games with VaTech especially since we tend to get a good number of players from the Maryland/VA area.

I wished that BC stayed in the BE (would be a solid 9 team conference with them) since they were a traditional rival of SU. I think having BC would of helped in making the longshot pitches to ND and PSU to join the big east.
06-19-2005 11:35 AM
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

If we can get the series scheduled, SU's rival will remain BC until UConn eventually gets their program at a level beyond the Eagles.

When that will occur is anyone's guess, but I don't think it will be for at least another 5 years.

Cheers,
Neil
06-19-2005 11:45 AM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

omnicarrier Wrote:If we can get the series scheduled, SU's rival will remain BC until UConn eventually gets their program at a level beyond the Eagles.

When that will occur is anyone's guess, but I don't think it will be for at least another 5 years.

Cheers,
Neil
Your comments here are far kinder than they would have been on your own Rivals (or now Scout) board. :) 04-cheers
06-19-2005 02:02 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Quote:Murph1 Posted on Jun 19 2005, 02:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: (omnicarrier @ Jun 19 2005, 11:51 AM)
If we can get the series scheduled, SU's rival will remain BC until UConn eventually gets their program at a level beyond the Eagles.

Cheers,
Neil 

Your comments here are far kinder than they would have been on your own Rivals (or now Scout) board.

That's because Bush, NelsonMuntz, and Pudge don't post ridiculous garbage here to get me all fired up. 03-wink

Cheers,
Neil
06-19-2005 09:17 PM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

omnicarrier Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,
NeilĀ 

Your comments here are far kinder than they would have been on your own Rivals (or now Scout) board.

That's because Bush, NelsonMuntz, and Pudge don't post ridiculous garbage here to get me all fired up. 03-wink

Cheers,
Neil
As long as you acknowledege that Zak, Kaiser, etc. are the same way, I'm right there with you. 04-cheers
06-19-2005 09:25 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

Murph1 Wrote:
omnicarrier Wrote:

Cheers,
Neil 

Cheers,
Neil
As long as you acknowledege that Zak, Kaiser, etc. are the same way, I'm right there with you. 04-cheers
I dont know about the pudge guy and Bush etc..., but I know that Kaiser and zak are a couple of clowns.. I will acknowledge that.
06-19-2005 09:50 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Quote:That would have been SWEET.....

UMiami
USF
VTech
L'ville
WVU
Cincinnati

S'cuse
BC
Rutgers
Pitt
UConn

Replace Temple or ECU or Villanova with PSU!
06-19-2005 09:55 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Wilkie01 Wrote:
Quote:That would have been SWEET.....

UMiami
USF
VTech
L'ville
WVU
Cincinnati

S'cuse
BC
Rutgers
Pitt
UConn

Replace Temple or ECU or Villanova with PSU!
Hmm actually you're right if we had the old Big East 7 all-sports members plus UConn, UC, UL, and USF we probably could have gotten PSU as the conference would be a mass money maker. Just think of all the markets. The entirety of the Northeastern markets, Tampa, Miami, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Virginia.
06-19-2005 10:11 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Quote:Murph1 Posted on Jun 19 2005, 09:31 PM
As long as you acknowledege that Zak, Kaiser, etc. are the same way, I'm right there with you. 

Point taken. I bet if you got Zak and Pudge in the same room together though, they'd walk out friends.

Kaiser's thing is mostly a 'persona', he acts that way with a lot of SU posters as well. It's a subtle brand of sarcastic humor that goes over most people's heads, but can be brutal and vindicative as well.

Cheers,
Neil
06-19-2005 10:23 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.