Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
U of L WILL NOT AND I REPEAT WILL
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Texas A&M Univ

not win the big east. it will either be pitt,wv, or syracuse. i don't care what the media says or what U of L thinks.....

the founding members of the big east...wv, pitt, rutgers, and syracuse....are used to playing the miami, va. tech and winning those games.....

U of L might finish 3rd or 4th but will not win the big east...
07-04-2005 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

03-puke I am shattered! 03-cool
07-04-2005 11:08 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

jtwvu87 Wrote:not win the big east. it will either be pitt,wv, or syracuse. i don't care what the media says or what U of L thinks.....

the founding members of the big east...wv, pitt, rutgers, and syracuse....are used to playing the miami, va. tech and winning those games.....

It really must get to some of you that the new kid on the block is the overwhelming favorite to win the Big East.

Beat us if you can, Survive if we let you. 03-wink
07-04-2005 11:32 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

jtwvu87 Wrote:not win the big east. it will either be pitt,wv, or syracuse. i don't care what the media says or what U of L thinks.....

Good stuff.

Miami lost what, all of 3 games in the Big East over the past 5-7 years?

Good luck with your season, we'll see you in M-town.
07-04-2005 11:43 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Look, those teams aren't unbeatable. 2 years ago Cincinnati went up to West Virginia and beat them and a few years earlier beat Syracuse, and had a chance to beat them last year. Cincinnati also destroyed a Virginia Tech team, on their home field, that went on to the Sugar Bowl. Meanwhile, Louisville went into Miami last year and almost beat them, moving the ball at will, so there isn't chopped liver coming into the conference. Just because Louisville played in a non-BCS conference doesn't mean they can't beat the BCS teams. I still pick Louisville to win the conference this year.
07-05-2005 05:13 AM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

My predicted order of finish is similar to that of Phil Steele and Athlon:
1) Louisville (11-0)
2) Pitt (10-1)
3) Rutgers
4) WVU
5) Syracuse
6) Connecticut
7) Cincinnati
8) South Florida

Louisville is going to the NC to take out USC I think. Pitt will make its second straight BCS appearance. Rutgers will go to the Gator Bowl bring a ton of people and shut up the ACC and surprise the nation. etc. etc.
07-05-2005 06:02 AM
Advertisement

pitt83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: P I T T

New poster...

UofL will be good but I think their fans are assuming way too much. The Big East is not CUSA. The schools, namely pitt, wvu, syracuse and to some extent rutgers have played a tougher schedule and some top teams on a regular basis.

To expect to step up in quality and dominate is rather pretentious.

It won't be as if pitt, wv and syr will be in awe of Louisville.

I hope the team feels as their fans do 03-wink
07-05-2005 07:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

pitt83 Wrote:New poster...

UofL will be good but I think their fans are assuming way too much.  The Big East is not CUSA.  The schools, namely pitt, wvu, syracuse and to some extent rutgers have played a tougher schedule and some top teams on a regular basis. 

I hope the team feels as their fans do  03-wink
First we don't expect to dominate, we do expect to win the league but hell everyone of the so-called experts feel the same way. BTW Pitt, WVU and Syracuse fans should feel they will win the league as well. It is called having confidence in your team.

Second JMO the league title will come down to the Nov. 3 meet in Papa Johns against the Panthers.
07-05-2005 08:10 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

UofL will be good but I think their fans are assuming way too much. The Big East is not CUSA. The schools, namely pitt, wvu, syracuse and to some extent rutgers have played a tougher schedule and some top teams on a regular basis.

I hope the team feels as their fans do 03-wink
No one feels we're going to dominate anything. We do think we'll win the conference. We know what we have coming back this season as there are few unknowns on the team.

Louisville is not going to be in awe of Syracuse or whomever else either. After all we did beat them in the C-Dome year before last and ripped 'step-up' pretenders like UNC 34-0.

We know week in and week out the competition will be marginally better and sometimes much better but will they be 40 points better? I guess we'll find out.
07-05-2005 08:27 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

L-yes Wrote:

UofL will be good but I think their fans are assuming way too much.  The Big East is not CUSA.  The schools, namely pitt, wvu, syracuse and to some extent rutgers have played a tougher schedule and some top teams on a regular basis. 

I hope the team feels as their fans do  03-wink
No one feels we're going to dominate anything. We do think we'll win the conference. We know what we have coming back this season as there are few unknowns on the team.

Louisville is not going to be in awe of Syracuse or whomever else either. After all we did beat them in the C-Dome year before last and ripped 'step-up' pretenders like UNC 34-0.

We know week in and week out the competition will be marginally better and sometimes much better but will they be 40 points better? I guess we'll find out.
That was a very bad SU team that year, but I am glad to know that you take pride in that win. Cuse beat a very bad N Carolina team the weak before in double overtime, and then got whooped by the Cards who were surprisingly pretty good. We still own the series 3-1.
:D

Seriously though, I really feel that the Cards are going to win the BE this year. Its possible that they could go undefeated. But one thing I do know is that they will not run roughshod over the BE like they did in CUSA. The BE is a stepup from CUSA, a big step up.
Rutgers would beat more than half of the teams in CUSA. The Cards played like men amongst little boys in CUSA last year.

BTW, there will not be any regular 40 point blowouts in the BE, because I believ that all of the BE offenses are better than anything that CUSA had to offer, with the exception of the Cards, and maybe memphis. I just dont see any really easy wins in the BE this year from anybody.
07-05-2005 08:40 AM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

This is the stuff sports boards are made of. The fans on this board are doing the exact same thing the experts keep doing....harping on how weak C-USA was and how we didn't play anyone. You can only play who you play but you have to win the games none-the-less. The experts gave our basketball team no respect cause it played in a "weak" conference...but winner's win and looser's loose. If Louisville is a winner they will play who they play in the Big East and win, they will either step up or get stepped on. I happen to think we will step up. I see one conference loss, to WVU. I see Pitt with two conference losses, to UofL and someone else they shouldn't loose to. Other than that I don't care who you've played in the past....Playing a tough schedule doesn't necessarily make a good team....winning games makes a good team.
07-05-2005 09:01 AM
Advertisement

PusherT Offline
1st String

Who cares about UL winning the conference, I think they are the most talented team any way. I want SU to beat Rutgirls,Pitt,WVU and Virginia

Teams SU has a history with loses to RU,Pitt,WVU will make me sick :frown:
07-05-2005 09:05 AM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

When was the last time that Pitt, CUSE, Rutgers, or West Virginia beat Miami(FLA)?
07-05-2005 09:11 AM
PusherT Offline
1st String

WacoBearcat Wrote:When was the last time that Pitt, CUSE, Rutgers, or West Virginia beat Miami(FLA)?
Cuse beat them in 98

WVU don't now
Pitt don't know

I remember SU beating Miami 55-14

07-05-2005 09:15 AM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Quote:WacoBearcat  Posted on Jul 5 2005, 09:17 AM When was the last time that Pitt, CUSE, Rutgers, or West Virginia beat Miami(FLA)?

Last Win against Miami

Cuse, in 97 and 98
Pitt in 97
Neers in 97

VT winning over Miami

97,98,99,03 and last year in their inaugural year in the ACC.

Last Wins over VT

Pitt, in 01,02, 03 - did not play last year
SU, in 01,02, lost in 03
WVU, in 02, 03, lost last year in OOC game.

The Cards will be fine, but Pitt, SU, and WVU are used to playing one tough game after another against each other as well as elite Miami and near-elite VT.

Will UL adapt? I believe they will, but only time will tell.

Cheers,
Neil
07-05-2005 10:58 AM
MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND

04-cheers We will see! :wave:
07-05-2005 11:12 AM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

brista21 Wrote:My predicted order of finish is similar to that of Phil Steele and Athlon:
1) Louisville (11-0)
2) Pitt (10-1)
3) Rutgers
4) WVU
5) Syracuse
6) Connecticut
7) Cincinnati
8) South Florida

Louisville is going to the NC to take out USC I think. Pitt will make its second straight BCS appearance. Rutgers will go to the Gator Bowl bring a ton of people and shut up the ACC and surprise the nation. etc. etc.
I agree with you that UL will win the league. However, I see UCONN finish 4th or 5th in the league, not 6th. I like to believe RU will finish 3rd but I think 6th is much more likely. I think it is Greg's last chance this year.
07-05-2005 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn

Big East 2005 - Predicted Order of Finish ...

1. Pittsburgh (6-1)
2. West Virginia (5-2)
2. Louisville (5-2)
4. Rutgers (4-3)
5. Syracuse (3-4)
6. Connecticut (2-5)
6. Cincinnati (2-5)
8. South Florida (1-6)

... I'm forecasting ties for second and sixth.
07-05-2005 11:53 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

PusherT Wrote:
WacoBearcat Wrote:When was the last time that Pitt, CUSE, Rutgers, or West Virginia beat Miami(FLA)?
Cuse beat them in 98

WVU don't now
Pitt don't know

I remember SU beating Miami 55-14

You have posed as a UofL, USF and SU fan. Which one is it or are you a fan of Troll University.
07-05-2005 12:07 PM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

'97 most have been a really bad year for Miami. Seems like everybody and their mother beat them that year so let's throw that one out. What was happening with the Hurricanes that year? 03-confused
07-05-2005 03:39 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.