Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Schedule Tidbits
MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Evidently, MU will play home-homes with DePaul, ND and Pitt. UConn and UC come to Milwaukee. I am a little surprised about Pitt. but ND and DePaul were to be expected.
07-05-2005 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

MU88,
I saw this posted on the Villanova board concerning BE scheduling. Good luck to you guys this year:

-Jay explained something which I don't think has publicly been disclosed to anyone other then the adminstration of the Big East Schools. From now on, the Conference, prior to the beginning of each season, will internally rank the top 6 teams (the order never being disclosed publicly). Jay has been told we are in the top 2 (duh). Jay said he thinks we are #1.
The Conference will then take the top 3 schools which Jay said were confirmed to be VU, UConn and Syracuse this year and that we will play the remaining 2 "top 3" ranked BE teams twice (UConn and Syracuse) and then Lousiville twice as well (Jay said they were likely the 4th team the BE ranked), all 6 games on national TV. Then we will play everyone else once except for 2 teams, most likely that new Florida school and Rutgers.
He explained all of this is network tv driven --- meaining $$ driven -- Jay was unbelievably candid about this.
07-05-2005 07:31 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

MU88...may I ask where you got the info..I have been anxiously waiting for the schedule to come out

Jackson
07-05-2005 08:19 PM
Advertisement

MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Jackson1011 Wrote:MU88...may I ask where you got the info..I have been anxiously waiting for the schedule to come out

Jackson
The info is on one of the MU boards.

<a href='http://mb27.scout.com/fmarquettefrm8' target='_blank'>DoddsOnSports</a>

The guy who runs the site has pretty good connections at MU. I think he used to do the official stats for the men's games. He would not report the info unless he was confident. He has been conservative about releasing information. I guess MU is getting Georgetown at home too.
07-05-2005 11:14 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Thanks for the info...I was hoping the schedule had been released somewhere and I hadn't seen it....How do you feel about playing Pitt twice? I must say this is an odd choice for both schools

Jackson
07-06-2005 08:42 AM
Advertisement

MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Well, its sort of a rematch from the Sweet 16 a couple of years ago. I think most will be looking forward to the matchup. Pitt is a name team. I think most MU fans feared getting one of the bottom tier BE teams. Frankly, playing USF generates very little interest in Milwaukee. Pitt will be a very good draw. Most thought DePaul was a given. Playing ND again makes everyone happy. ND and MU have played well over 100 times over the past 90-100 years. It was shame the two schools only played a handful of times in the past 10-15 years.
07-06-2005 09:02 AM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Well, that eliminates Marquette as a home-and-home for UC. UC will probably play Louisville and West Virginia home-and-home. Maybe Pitt? It makes sense. Or Notre Dame. Or Depaul. Hopefully not Depaul, I want to play a new team home-and-home. Seton Hall might be a good matchup.
07-06-2005 05:33 PM
Advertisement

Yuleofell Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

CC,
If this post is accurate, it looks like the groupings of 4 would be home and home games.

Group 1- Uconn, Villanova, Ul, Syracuse
Group 2 - Cincy, W. Virginia, ?,?
Group 3- Marquette, DePAul, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh
Group 4- USF,?,?,?,
07-06-2005 05:41 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

I think Omnicarrier hit the nail on the head the other day when he said every football school will have at least one home and home with a bball only and every bball only will have a home and home with a football school

-- If Pitt and West Virginia don't have two games against each other there is going to be an outcry in our part of the country...I would hope the league would take traditional rivals/big time home draws for fans as part of the equation

Jackson
07-06-2005 06:32 PM
Advertisement

UCBcat83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Besides Louisville, I dont want to see any former CUSA teams twice. Its time to see the cats play different Teams. I would want to see it be Louisville, N.D, and maybe Cuse or Gtown. My question is who are we NOT gonna play. I hope We dont get screwed out of a game with UConn, Cuse or WVU. I also want to play Villanova. I think they are the real deal this year.
07-06-2005 08:25 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

The BB schedule will be one big compromise. We have to try to make the CUSA carryover games equitable. Keep established rivalries and creat TV games. Bottomline: probably no one will be totally happy.
07-06-2005 08:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CardinalEmpire.com Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

TexanMark Wrote:The BB schedule will be one big compromise. We have to try to make the CUSA carryover games equitable. Keep established rivalries and creat TV games. Bottomline: probably no one will be totally happy.
If it is the "tiered" approach like MU has alluded to, Louisville will have NO home-and-homes with traditional rivals. I wouldn't mind it a bit if Syracuse, UConn, and Villanova ALL came to Freedom Hall this year!

04-rock
07-06-2005 09:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.