Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Favorite sports moment for your school you personally witnessed
Bookmark and Share
topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Favorite sports moment for your school you personally witnessed
I was just wondering what everybody's favorite sports moment was for their school that you personally witnessed. I can't decide between two of them, so I will throw both of them out there.

2002 D1AA National Championship game- WKU over McNeese State

Ty Rogers - "The Shot" vs Drake during the 2008 NCAA tourney OT game in Tampa.

09-17-2011 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
RE: Favorite sports moment for your school you personally witnessed
(09-17-2011 02:42 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  I was just wondering what everybody's favorite sports moment was for their school that you personally witnessed....

There are several I have personally witnessed..

2009 New Orleans Bowl MT's win over Southern Miss

1982 NCAA first round victory over Kentucky 50-44...

1989 NCAA first round victory over Florida State, with honorable mention to an exhibition victory in Murphy Center earlier that season over the evil empire Soviet Union National team, essentially the same team that had won the 1988 Seoul Korea Olympics just a couple of months earlier.

1988 hosted three rounds of the NIT beating UT-knoxville, and Georgia, before falling to a pretty good Boston College team.

2001 victory in football over vanderbilt, MT's first victory over a BC$ and $ec team...
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2011 02:53 PM by SpaceRaider.)
09-17-2011 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
2nd and 3rd wins over Vanderbilt...Wins over Maryland, South Florida, Uconn come to mind.
09-17-2011 02:54 PM
ntmeangreen11 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Tearing down the goal posts for winning for four years in a row.

That was my second or third game, and when the students started pouring on to the field. We actually ran out with 7 seconds to go right after (ulm i think?) had kicked a field goal. The team got an unsportsmanlike call on them when this happened, So we waited on the kick return and took them down. Great times.

Sorry if the wording is a little off. had my wisdom teeth taken out earlier, I'm still a little loopy.
09-17-2011 03:23 PM
Advertisement

bmwilder139 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ULM
One of my favorite ones was when I was in band at ULM and UNT was still dominating the conference. We beat them at home and they had a big fireworks show planned afterwards. We were still the Indians, and when they turned all of the lights off, we just kept playing, and our fans kept singing the war chant through their fireworks show. Not much else big has happened since I've been following.

The Bama win would top everything, but I just listened to it on the radio. I don't know if that counts as personally witnessing.

Oh, all of the Troy wins at home are pretty high up there too. Especially last year's on homecoming.
09-17-2011 03:38 PM
puck swami Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Denver
My top 3 for Denver:

1. 2004 NCAA Hockey Championship: Denver wins 1-0 over Maine in front of an arena record crowd of 18,500 at Boston's Fleet Center to win DU's first NCAA title since 1969. The Pioneers faced a 6-on-3 penalty kill disadvantage in the final minute to win it in what many observers called the most exciting minute in NCAA tourney history. I was so excited - I was standing on my seat and fell through it as the buzzer sounded!

2. 2005 NCAA Championship: Denver wins second consecutive NCAA title and seventh overall, 4-1 over rival North Dakota in front of 17,500 in Columbus, Ohio. Future NHL'ers Paul Stastny and Matt Carle lead the way for the Pioneers. DU had crushed arch rival Colorado College 6-2 to advance to the title game two days earlier.

3. 2011 NCAA Lacrosse Semi-Finals - Denver shocks perennial power Johns Hopkins 14-9 in front of 15,000 fans at Hofstra University on Long Island in the NCAA regional. The next week, the Pioneers played in front of the largest crowd in at least 50 years (45,000+) in the NCAA final four of lacrosse in Baltimore, losing to eventual champ Virginia in the national semis.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2011 05:02 PM by puck swami.)
09-17-2011 05:01 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
defeating #17 Missouri at home in 2004. that pretty much ended Brad Smith's Heisman candidacy.

we took the goalposts down and partied aaaaall niiiiiight. woo hoo! 02-13-banana
09-17-2011 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WestEndRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
MTSU blocking Vandy's FG in '05 and MTSU's hail mary catch against FAU in '08.
09-18-2011 03:55 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(09-17-2011 03:23 PM)ntmeangreen11 Wrote:  Tearing down the goal posts for winning for four years in a row.

That was my second or third game, and when the students started pouring on to the field. We actually ran out with 7 seconds to go right after (ulm i think?) had kicked a field goal. The team got an unsportsmanlike call on them when this happened, So we waited on the kick return and took them down. Great times.

Sorry if the wording is a little off. had my wisdom teeth taken out earlier, I'm still a little loopy.
Mean Green clinch Belt crown with win over New Mexico State
[Image: nmsuvictory.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 04:19 PM by MG61.)
09-18-2011 04:16 PM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
Mine was Troy's 24-14 defeat of No. 17 Missouri on Sept. 9, 2004, the 63-yard rumble for pay dirt after a fumble recovery by offensive lineman Junior Louissaint and the tearing down of the goal posts on national TV in the Trojans' fourth year of I-A play.

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/...04aad.html

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 03:19 PM by BMarkey.)
09-18-2011 05:02 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Hail Mary at Memphis on the last play of the game to win it.....was sitting with a bunch of Memphis folks and I still celebrated like crazy. Its a wonder I ever made it out of the Libery Bowl that day.
09-18-2011 05:18 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
I missed the Hail Mary pass....so I'll have to pick a earlier moment.

1) The first year in the current stadium, Joe Duren set a field goal record of 63 yards.
2) The entire 1975 football season.....that included a 29-10 win over Memphis St at the Liberty Bowl.
09-18-2011 05:56 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(09-18-2011 03:55 PM)WestEndRaider Wrote:  MTSU blocking Vandy's FG in '05 and MTSU's hail mary catch against FAU in '08.

[Image: VandyBlockedUSC.jpg](ignore the USC cheerleader I inserted as a joke. It was funny at the time.)

[Image: mthailmary.jpg](there's a better pic somewhere)
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 07:59 PM by RaiderATO.)
09-18-2011 07:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.