Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Delusional Memphis Fans
Bookmark and Share
docpoco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Delusional Memphis Fans
First - just wanted to say. I am incredibly impressed by the sportsmanship and reasonableness of this board! Don't know if it is always this way, but I have really enjoyed following along.

Secondly, it is hilarious to see how Memphis talked about the game with ASU prior to Saturday. I gave them a pretty hard time on their board, and they are pretty much the worst fans I have ever seen.

It is unfathomable to them that ASU, or anyone in the belt, could be more talented than them. It is really just unbelievable to see the way they disrespect and degrade opponents.

I even posted a 5 year history of our record for Memphis (3-1) and our record vs common opponents(Each other, SMU, USM Louisville, MTSU, etc) to which ASU has a 1 win advantage.

Although I enjoy the Memphis series, I just felt bad for them on Saturday, and their fans still show ZERO humility. Freeze was right in his interview with Vernon "I thought we were very generous".

I dislike their corrupt city although I work there often, their ****** stadium, and their campus (which I have lived on breifly, and I'm also pretty sure is the only D1 campus to be featured on "The First 48".)

When we played SOuthern Miss, it became clear what a University looks like when they are proud of who they are, and don't have a huge complex. They were respectful and know they were lucky to make it out of Jonesboro.

Regardless, look forward to hanging out here some more.
09-13-2011 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
RE: Delusional Memphis Fans
welcome to the board! the Mod Staff tries to maintain a friendly atmosphere so it's nice to see someone is appreciating it. I hope you will continue to post and read. Go Belt!
09-13-2011 11:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
We have our moments, but board members and Sun Belt fans as a whole respect one another. GO SUN BELT CONFERENCE!!! 04-cheers
09-13-2011 11:38 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(09-13-2011 11:03 PM)docpoco Wrote:  First - just wanted to say. I am incredibly impressed by the sportsmanship and reasonableness of this board! Don't know if it is always this way, but I have really enjoyed following along.
Secondly, it is hilarious to see how Memphis talked about the game with ASU prior to Saturday. I gave them a pretty hard time on their board, and they are pretty much the worst fans I have ever seen.
It is unfathomable to them that ASU, or anyone in the belt, could be more talented than them. It is really just unbelievable to see the way they disrespect and degrade opponents.
I even posted a 5 year history of our record for Memphis (3-1) and our record vs common opponents(Each other, SMU, USM Louisville, MTSU, etc) to which ASU has a 1 win advantage.
Although I enjoy the Memphis series, I just felt bad for them on Saturday, and their fans still show ZERO humility. Freeze was right in his interview with Vernon "I thought we were very generous".
I dislike their corrupt city although I work there often, their ****** stadium, and their campus (which I have lived on breifly, and I'm also pretty sure is the only D1 campus to be featured on "The First 48".)
When we played SOuthern Miss, it became clear what a University looks like when they are proud of who they are, and don't have a huge complex. They were respectful and know they were lucky to make it out of Jonesboro.

Why do ou care what their rude fans think. Kick their butts and move on.
09-14-2011 07:31 AM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(09-13-2011 11:03 PM)docpoco Wrote:  First - just wanted to say. I am incredibly impressed by the sportsmanship and reasonableness of this board! Don't know if it is always this way, but I have really enjoyed following along.

Although I enjoy the Memphis series, I just felt bad for them on Saturday, and their fans still show ZERO humility...

Has ti ger high ever accomplished anything in athletics without cheating to do it?
09-14-2011 07:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(09-13-2011 11:15 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  welcome to the board! the Mod Staff tries to maintain a friendly atmosphere so it's nice to see someone is appreciating it. I hope you will continue to post and read. Go Belt!

When conference play starts, the gloves will come off a bit.
As soon as Z and myself get the pot stirred up a bit, this crew will start a 'we are the world' thread, and all of our hard work goes down the drain.
09-14-2011 07:54 AM
Advertisement

InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(09-14-2011 07:54 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(09-13-2011 11:15 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  welcome to the board! the Mod Staff tries to maintain a friendly atmosphere so it's nice to see someone is appreciating it. I hope you will continue to post and read. Go Belt!

When conference play starts, the gloves will come off a bit.
As soon as Z and myself get the pot stirred up a bit, this crew will start a 'we are the world' thread, and all of our hard work goes down the drain.

Oh you just go straight to H E double hockey sticks Fanof 49ASU!! You @#%$ and !@#&%. I can't stand you!! Rimshot 03-lmfao
09-14-2011 08:23 AM
OwlFamily Online
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(09-14-2011 07:54 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  When conference play starts, the gloves will come off a bit.

True that.

Resident Rabble rousers: the boro, Z, Dah Beed, Fanof49 will all attempt to get folks blood pressure rising. If it gets REALLY bad we punt it to the Smack board where threads go to die. 05-mafia

But for the most part we all want our confrence mates to do well OOC as we pretty much realize that if we want this confrence to leave the cellar dwellar perception behind we ALL have to win those games.

If FIU keeps wining, Id expect some swelled headed postings from them, (justified unfortunately). 04-cheers
09-14-2011 08:27 AM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

Fortunately, it never evolves into a 'runaway train' like on our stAte board.
09-14-2011 08:50 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(09-14-2011 08:50 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Fortunately, it never evolves into a 'runaway train' like on our stAte board.

That is so true. The stAte board is the only place you can start a thread asking what time a game starts and get 10 pages of why you are stupid for starting the thread.
09-14-2011 02:28 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

Actually, the tv threads are an inside joke.....so they tend to get quite abusive.
But it can happen on any thread for any reason.
09-14-2011 02:39 PM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(09-14-2011 02:39 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Actually, the tv threads are an inside joke.....so they tend to get quite abusive.
But it can happen on any thread for any reason.

Well, what else is there to do in J'Boro ?

Good thing you live in Nashville. 04-bow
09-14-2011 03:11 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Welcome to the Board . . the Mods here are awesome . . allow discussion and a bit of ribbing fans of other schools . . they do not let good-natured fun get out of hand . . this is my board of preference . . Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana
09-14-2011 04:02 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-14-2011 08:50 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Fortunately, it never evolves into a 'runaway train' like on our stAte board.

Yeah, I avoid the stAte board mostly . . too much name calling and way too many personal attacks . . thank goodness for the Mods on this board . . 04-bow
09-14-2011 04:04 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

(09-14-2011 04:02 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  Welcome to the Board . . the Mods here are awesome . . allow discussion and a bit of ribbing fans of other schools . . they do not let good-natured fun get out of hand . . this is my board of preference . . Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana

[Image: kissy-face.jpg]

awww, love you too Manzano.
09-14-2011 04:43 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

They're all great....except for that Burn the Horse guy.
09-14-2011 06:51 PM
Advertisement

ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-14-2011 04:43 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  
(09-14-2011 04:02 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  Welcome to the Board . . the Mods here are awesome . . allow discussion and a bit of ribbing fans of other schools . . they do not let good-natured fun get out of hand . . this is my board of preference . . Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana

[Image: kissy-face.jpg]

awww, love you too Manzano.

I almost choked on my coffee . . thanks for a good 03-lmfao
09-14-2011 06:52 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

(09-14-2011 06:52 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  I almost choked on my coffee . . thanks for a good 03-lmfao

I Googled "kissy face" and that popped up. I had a similar reaction when I first saw it. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2011 09:01 PM by Burn the Horse.)
09-14-2011 09:01 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

(09-14-2011 06:51 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  They're all great....except for that Burn the Horse guy.

it's true, that guy is a total loser. 03-lmfao
09-14-2011 09:02 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana

Let me introduce myself... I am Zeebart.
09-14-2011 09:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.