Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cal Poly
Bookmark and Share
blackhawk Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: huskies
Cal Poly
Huh? Am I jumping ahead? Totally.

The sexiness of the UW game has completely worn off on me. Yes, one game at a time (and, btw...that is for the players...not the fans) and let's battle those Badgers til the end, BUT the ESPN 3 thing, the SF thing, the drama has drained me.

We have a darn good team coming home and readying itself for MAC competition in what will likely be nice weather (something we missed v. ARMY and something that wont be around for our remaining games).

A certain energy was present before the opener that I hope will be restored in our house. Cal Poly wont roll over and we have some things to work on before the real season begins. This game is important.

Let's pack that place and welcome home our boys. I hope the students show up to revel in something that is very special...Saturday football at Huskie Stadium.

Nothing is better than FB in our house.
09-13-2011 12:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Cal Poly
(09-13-2011 12:19 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  Huh? Am I jumping ahead? Totally.

The sexiness of the UW game has completely worn off on me. Yes, one game at a time (and, btw...that is for the players...not the fans) and let's battle those Badgers til the end, BUT the ESPN 3 thing, the SF thing, the drama has drained me.

We have a darn good team coming home and readying itself for MAC competition in what will likely be nice weather (something we missed v. ARMY and something that wont be around for our remaining games).

A certain energy was present before the opener that I hope will be restored in our house. Cal Poly wont roll over and we have some things to work on before the real season begins. This game is important.

Let's pack that place and welcome home our boys. I hope the students show up to revel in something that is very special...Saturday football at Huskie Stadium.

So you are amped about Cal Poly but not Wisconsin? Hmmm? It has lost some sexiness, but its not a 300 pound transvestite or anything. I think you will get the excitement back when you see Wisconsin and NIU run out on the field with dueling bands, seeing NIU take the field in their home reds and the road whites of the 7th team in the nation. You might get excited when you hear Corneilson belt out a beautiful rendition on the national anthem, or see the backdrop of Lake Michigan and remember how many awesome Bears games have been played at the same venue. You might get excited when NIU gives fans a glimmer of hope and confuses Wisconsin by taking the first drive into endzone, and sends the NIU contingent into a frenzy, if at least for a moment.
09-13-2011 12:30 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
LETS NOT LOOK AHEAD TO CAL POLY... LETS FOCUS ON WISKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-13-2011 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I look forward to both, but I always look forward to game day at Huskie Stadium the most!
09-13-2011 12:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(09-13-2011 12:58 PM)niuguy Wrote:  I look forward to both, but I always look forward to game day at Huskie Stadium the most!

Me too, but not against div 8 team.
09-13-2011 01:16 PM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(09-13-2011 12:30 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

So you are amped about Cal Poly but not Wisconsin? Hmmm? It has lost some sexiness, but its not a 300 pound transvestite or anything. I think you will get the excitement back when you see Wisconsin and NIU run out on the field with dueling bands, seeing NIU take the field in their home reds and the road whites of the 7th team in the nation. You might get excited when you hear Corneilson belt out a beautiful rendition on the national anthem, or see the backdrop of Lake Michigan and remember how many awesome Bears games have been played at the same venue. You might get excited when NIU gives fans a glimmer of hope and confuses Wisconsin by taking the first drive into endzone, and sends the NIU contingent into a frenzy, if at least for a moment.

...or blacks...
09-13-2011 01:20 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

Hey!!! Somehow I feel insulted by that comment! I can assure you that sometimes a 300 (or 400) lb. transvestite can be a very good thing - and QUITE sexy! You just need to fine tune your standards a bit, that's all.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2011 01:59 PM by Dog Fan.)
09-13-2011 01:58 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(09-13-2011 01:58 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Hey!!! Somehow I feel insulted by that comment! I can assure you that sometimes a 300 (or 400) lb. transvestite can be a very good thing - and QUITE sexy! You just need to fine tune your standards a bit, that's all.

03-lmfao I knew you would be.
09-13-2011 01:59 PM
blackhawk Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: huskies
Point is VERY well taken.

I just hope the luster is there when we inch closer to Huskie Stadium.
09-13-2011 03:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.