Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

anyone else worried about Wisconsin?
Bookmark and Share
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
anyone else worried about Wisconsin?
After seeing Kansas move the ball on us, is anyone else more worried about Wisconsin. Wisconsin might score on every possession. Harnish will have to play flawless for us not to get blown our. I thought 42-30 might be the game. Now 52 - 21 could be a reality
09-11-2011 05:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

houstonhuskie Offline
All American

RE: anyone else worried about Wisconsin?
If wisconsin still has their starters on the field (or even dresed) at the end of the third quarter, Ill be shocked.....The badgers O is better and their D is night and day better than Kansas's....I am just hoping that we get out of CHicago unhurt. I am a little thankful that this game ISNT on ESPN network.
09-11-2011 05:47 PM
badmoonrising_13 Offline
1st String

We'll be 1-2 with a blowout loss to Wisky. They've looked unstoppable and no reason to think we'll stop them. I'd like to see NIU play with a nothing-to-lose mentality with trick plays, fake punts and FGs, onside kicks, etc. I'd like to see a whole slew of new players on defense and hope we find 1 or 2 playmakers. You never know until you see them on the field.
09-11-2011 05:51 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies
To be honest I never thought we had much of a chance against Wisconsin. I just hoped to get lucky. Now I am hoping not to embarras ourselves. So, I guess I'm not worried. Hopeful that I could be surprised.
09-11-2011 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ask The Referee Offline
Water Engineer

NIU's defense is going to surpise you next week with some great plays. NIU's defense will battle, again, with great effort . . . but I anticipate NIU's defense to be able to get "off a block" much sooner than how Kansas stunned them. Everything is correctable. There is no question that NIU's coaching staff will work on improving how to "get off downfield blocks"; kickoff coverage, etc. I am not worried . . . nor am I anxious. We need this full week to prepare for another exciting game. You will not want to miss seeing NIU's miraculous day at Soldier Field.
09-11-2011 06:07 PM
NSwanson89 Offline
Special Teams

Who knows, what if our D turned around and played like the Bears today...?
09-11-2011 06:45 PM
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I am not sure how fixable our D is at least at the Wiscy level of play. The key is to get out of the game without getting to banged up so we can compete in the MAC. Along the way, playing a team like Wisconsin can help to make us better as long as it does not shatter our confidence.

I am looking forward to seeing our offense play against Wisconsin. If Harnish keeps playing at this level we can play with anyone on that side of the ball.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2011 06:56 PM by bikechuck.)
09-11-2011 06:55 PM
DeKalb098 Offline
2nd String

I'm not worried about Wisconsin. I thought they were gonna kick our butts before the KU game, and I think they're gonna kick our butts now. But, just like any other game I will be glad to watch it and yell a lot of swears for my alma mater.
09-11-2011 07:00 PM
niuco90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: N.I.U.
You know Bielema will do whatever he can to rub Coach D's nose in it too. Look for a nice two point conversion attempt late with the outcome already decided.
09-11-2011 07:14 PM
HuskiePride12 Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
I'm not trying to make any excuses for the D, but do you think some of the players on D were looking past Kansas and at Wisconsin? Thinking the KU game might be a cakewalk and were surprised with how much quicker they are. With so many young players on D the thought has crossed my mind. There has been so much hype for this game at Soldier Field before the season even started.
09-11-2011 07:16 PM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: Illinois
(09-11-2011 07:14 PM)niuco90 Wrote:  You know Bielema will do whatever he can to rub Coach D's nose in it too. Look for a nice two point conversion attempt late with the outcome already decided.

Why would Bielema want to do that to a former colleague of his?
09-11-2011 07:17 PM
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
(09-11-2011 07:17 PM)UIHuskie Wrote:  
(09-11-2011 07:14 PM)niuco90 Wrote:  You know Bielema will do whatever he can to rub Coach D's nose in it too. Look for a nice two point conversion attempt late with the outcome already decided.

Why would Bielema want to do that to a former colleague of his?

+1. Our D won't stop Wisky, Bielema will. He won't run it up on his buddy.
09-11-2011 07:59 PM
cartershaw Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, UT
WISC hasn't played anyone to even a Kansas caliber team.. They played a bad UNLV team and a bad Oregon St team(red shirt freshmen splitting time at qb).

But I think if we do better on the field position game(i.e. don't let them start at the 50 every time) then i think we keep it close(optimistic maybe)..
09-11-2011 08:07 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

You don't have to worry about anyone running it up. Our offense is too good to get blown out.

I'm guessing something like 49-35 Wisconsin.
09-11-2011 08:38 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

(09-11-2011 08:38 PM)7 Wrote:  You don't have to worry about anyone running it up. Our offense is too good to get blown out.

I'm not saying our offence won't perform well, because i think they will. But Wisconsin's defense will be better than Kansas. We will score points but not enough to win a shootout.
09-11-2011 08:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(09-11-2011 08:53 PM)niuguy Wrote:  
(09-11-2011 08:38 PM)7 Wrote:  You don't have to worry about anyone running it up. Our offense is too good to get blown out.

I'm not saying our offence won't perform well, because i think they will. But Wisconsin's defense will be better than Kansas. We will score points but not enough to win a shootout.
Oh I don't think we're going to win, I just don't think anyone will be able to slow our offense down enough to get blown out.

Our offense is legit. The question really is can our defense slow down WMU and Toledo enough to win the MAC? Probably.
09-11-2011 08:57 PM
Advertisement

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
this is a top 10 team we're playing. if you're not worried about wisconsin then you just don't know. this is not saying that NIU isnt a good team and cannot win the MAC, but that Wisconsin is just that good.
09-11-2011 09:01 PM
Spudskie Offline
Your intrepid message board lurker

I Root For: Well, me!
I just hope we do not get embarrassed against Wisky. We will score some points but our
defense will simply be unable to do anything to stop them.

Wisky 56
NIU 24
09-11-2011 09:16 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Jeez, too many doubters on here. They have looked good against crappy teams. We aren't a crappy team. We have an extremely good offense that will be able to move the ball and score against Wisconsin. They will have a hard time stopping us just like we will have a hard time stopping them. It very well could be another shootout type game and if it is i'll just call it a loss (because we have a terrible history at winning close games).
09-11-2011 09:22 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
If I was giving advice (and I guess I am), I'd say try not to get too worked up about Wisconsin. I think 7's right that we can score enough to be respectable, but like all of you I saw the defense last night and I don't see a huge turnaround there.

Our team is put together like CMU was in 2007 & 2008. Tons of offense and maybe enough defense to win the MAC. I hope so, anyway.

I think we'll be better defensively Saturday, but I don't think we can make enough of a turnaround to shock one of the best teams in the country. I'd be willing to bet, though, we'll walk out of Soldier Field saying, "If the defense played like that last week, we'd be 2-1."
09-11-2011 09:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.