Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will Obama's Jobs bill look anything like this?
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Will Obama's Jobs bill look anything like this?
Robert 3rd Reich thinks Obama's jobs initiative should look something like this:

Quote:1. Exempt first $20K of income from payroll taxes for two years. Make up shortfall by raising ceiling on income subject to payroll taxes.

Payroll Tax = SSI tax so liberals want to eliminate ALL taxes deadbeats pay and raising the ceiling amounts to raising taxes by 6.5% on the middle class.

Quote:2. Recreate the WPA and Civilian Conservation Corps to put long-term unemployed directly to work.

Slave Labor plain and simple working for free doesn't do much to stimulate the economy

Quote:3. Create an infrastructure bank authorized to borrow $300 billion a year to repair and upgrade the nation's roads, bridges, ports, airports, school buildings, and water and sewer systems.

Give Barry a line of credit that bypasses congress headed by a New Obama Czar no doubt.

Quote:4. Amend bankruptcy laws to allow distressed homeowners to declare bankruptcy on their primary residence, so they can reorganize their mortgage loans.

Allow deadbeats to keep their homes and stiff the mortgage companies how does this create jobs?

Quote:5. Allow distressed homeowners to sell a portion of their mortgages to the FHA, which would take a proportionate share of any upside gains when the homes are sold.

Have the gubment buy the deadbeats home so the deadbeats can live there for free. How does this create jobs?

Quote:6. Provide tax incentive to employers who create net new jobs ($2,500 deduction for every net new job created).

Some incentive the SSI match alone for a full time minimum wage job is roughly $1,000. Not really offsetting the cost of a new employee by much.

Quote:7. Make low-interest loans to cash-starved states and cities, so they don't have to lay off teachers, fire fighters, police officers, and reduce other critical public services.

Bailout fiscally irresponsible states and cities brilliant.

Quote:8. Provide partial unemployment benefits to people who have lost part-time jobs.

Great more free loaders, how does paying out more unemployment create jobs.

Quote:9. Enlarge and expand the Earned Income Tax Credit - a wage subsidy for low-wage work.

Give more money to deadbeats that don't pay taxes most of this money will be spent on illegal drugs.

Quote:10. Impose a "severance fee" on any large business that lays off an American worker and outsources the job abroad

Give an incentive to employers to stop paying workers a severance and pay the gubment instead. All this crap would greatly increase the US debt and do little to create jobs.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2011 07:19 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
08-18-2011 05:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
RE: Will Obama's Jobs bill look anything like this?
I bet Obama's job bill looks more like this...

[Image: 6a00e5504cb9c8883300e554549ade8833-400wi]
08-18-2011 06:00 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
No, no, no. If history is any guide, it will look like this (below).

Look familiar?
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2011 06:33 PM by MileHighBronco.)
08-18-2011 06:33 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Robert 3rd Reich also said this:

Quote: With more than 25 million Americans looking for full-time jobs, the wages of people with jobs falling, and an economy on the verge of a double dip, the President has to come out fighting on the side of average people.

25 million looking for work?!? 03-confused I thought the number of unemployed as reported by the Obama administration was 14 million. Does that mean the real unemployment rate based on Robert 3rd Reich's number is 16 - 17%? How many of those dummies will still vote for Obama? Someone better tell Obama the real unemployment rate and according to Robert 3rd Reich the nation is on the verge of a double dip recession. Barry said yesterday "we are not in danger of another recession."
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2011 07:14 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
08-18-2011 07:11 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Obama's job bill = government money going to government jobs. Tax payer money repays government.
08-18-2011 08:14 PM
Advertisement

Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Whatever it is it won't pass the House. So it will be carefully crafted to be all the campaign points that Hillary needs in the next election.
08-18-2011 09:40 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
If Obama's job bill = the Reich plan, then it will be no different than his 2009 stimulus of almost $1 trillion that went mostly to shore up gov't jobs and welfare for Americans who made poor decisions or had zero incentive to look for work due to receiving unlimited unemployment checks. That would be another disaster.
08-18-2011 09:44 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
Now....what should the government do to increase employment without expanding the government?

My thoughts...

Step 1: Cut the income tax on corporations.

Step 2: Reduce the higher personal income tax brackets.
08-19-2011 12:18 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(08-19-2011 12:18 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  Now....what should the government do to increase employment without expanding the government?

My thoughts...

03-zzz
08-19-2011 12:56 AM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
(08-19-2011 12:56 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(08-19-2011 12:18 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  Now....what should the government do to increase employment without expanding the government?

My thoughts...

03-zzz

Good job Barack...throw a little temper tantrum but offer nothing in return ('cept hope).
08-19-2011 09:58 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
The primary purpose of any Obabba jobs bill will be just like his 2011 budget, Senate voted down 0-97 or voting present 245 times in the senate. It will be a proposal that will be more about blaming The GOP than improving conditions for job growth. He is and always will be a political beast.
08-19-2011 11:17 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos

My thoughts...

The dems are about growing government through mandates that create ever bigger government and hence, job growth (gubmint jobs). There are statist RINOS, as well. I do like your question, though. It's one that the dems or MSM won't ask because of those pesky words "without expanding the government."
08-19-2011 03:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.