Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Has Obama come out yet to address the U.S. credit downgrade?
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Has Obama come out yet to address the U.S. credit downgrade?
I haven't seen anything from Obama this weekend that addressed our credit downgrade. I was out and about on Sunday afternoon, so maybe he addressed the issue then?

Since I have not seen any news about him addressing what happened, I'm assuming he didn't address it yet at all. I am astounded that Obama has not come out and given any comments about this - especially considering this is a huge event in our economic lives. What is wrong with this guy? Is he that incompetent that he cannot even give a "pep talk" at the absolute minimum? People want to see a strong, effective leader. Can't Obama at least fake it?
08-08-2011 08:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Has Obama come out yet to address the U.S. credit downgrade?
He's a Chicago street hustler who has been caught with his pants down. He has no tools to deal with the problem, since lying no longer works.
08-08-2011 08:43 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I believe he spoke about it to the press but I haven't seen an formal address. Maybe we'll see something at noon or tonight.
08-08-2011 08:44 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(08-08-2011 08:40 AM)miko33 Wrote:  I haven't seen anything from Obama this weekend that addressed our credit downgrade. I was out and about on Sunday afternoon, so maybe he addressed the issue then?

Since I have not seen any news about him addressing what happened, I'm assuming he didn't address it yet at all. I am astounded that Obama has not come out and given any comments about this - especially considering this is a huge event in our economic lives. What is wrong with this guy? Is he that incompetent that he cannot even give a "pep talk" at the absolute minimum? People want to see a strong, effective leader. Can't Obama at least fake it?
Who cares? Just another rightwing ***** about Obama session.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 09:09 AM by RobertN.)
08-08-2011 09:07 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
He's just going to blame the Tea Party, even though they wanted to cut enough debt to avoid the downgrade.
08-08-2011 09:15 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Cutting debt would not have been enough anyways. The GOP can't ***** about this after refusing to close tax loopholes and not letting the Bush tax cuts expire. You don't get to threaten you're going to let the country default and then be upset the S&P downgrades your credit rating for being irresponsible, I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. You got what you asked for, you don't get to be upset about it now.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 09:32 AM by HuskieFan84.)
08-08-2011 09:31 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(08-08-2011 08:40 AM)miko33 Wrote:  I haven't seen anything from Obama this weekend that addressed our credit downgrade. I was out and about on Sunday afternoon, so maybe he addressed the issue then?

Well maybe he addressed it at his star studded birthday bash.
08-08-2011 10:00 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(08-08-2011 09:31 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Cutting debt would not have been enough anyways. The GOP can't ***** about this after refusing to close tax loopholes and not letting the Bush tax cuts expire. You don't get to threaten you're going to let the country default and then be upset the S&P downgrades your credit rating for being irresponsible, I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. You got what you asked for, you don't get to be upset about it now.

So a man with no plan, no budget and leading from behind had nothing to do with the US being downgraded.
08-08-2011 10:00 AM
TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
He is going to speak to his minions today at 1:00pm. I for one can hardly wait to hear what the self-righteous prig has to say.
08-08-2011 10:10 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-08-2011 09:31 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Cutting debt would not have been enough anyways. The GOP can't ***** about this after refusing to close tax loopholes and not letting the Bush tax cuts expire. You don't get to threaten you're going to let the country default and then be upset the S&P downgrades your credit rating for being irresponsible, I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. You got what you asked for, you don't get to be upset about it now.

Let's see if you can follow the chain of events:

1. S&P threatened to downgrade unless the U.S. cut $4T or so from the debt.
2. The Tea Party tried to cut that amount (or more)
3. The establishment portions from both parties passed a bill (with very little support from the TP caucus) with only a small debt reduction, mostly coming from gimmick accounting
4. Obama signed it
5. S&P followed through with their threat

Now tell me again, how exactly do you pin all the blame on the GOP?
08-08-2011 10:17 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I didn't pin it all. I'm saying you, clearly a conservative, are also supporting a side at fault, so I'm not interested in your bitching about Obama or the down grade, when the conservatives played a clear and obvious role in this. If you were a liberal, I'd ***** about their failures.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 10:25 AM by HuskieFan84.)
08-08-2011 10:25 AM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Who again, are tagged with threatening to default? Who was it who made this crisis? Who was it that hasn't passed a budget since 4/2009. Who had no plan on the table. Who had control of the House, Senate, WH? You cannot just freeze this moment, saying the Tea Party threatening to default, when clearly they were the only one's showing any sanity about the f'uckiing out of control spending. Get it.
08-08-2011 10:32 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-08-2011 10:25 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  I didn't pin it all. I'm saying you, clearly a conservative, are also supporting a side at fault, so I'm not interested in your bitching about Obama or the down grade, when the conservatives played a clear and obvious role in this. If you were a liberal, I'd ***** about their failures.

Again, the conservatives were the only ones trying to cut enough debt to AVOID the downgrade. If you want to take the position that cutting that much debt would not be wise, or that S&P was wrong in their evaluation, then that's one thing, but to say that conservatives are at all responsible for the downgrade completely defies logic, considering they were the only ones actively trying to meet S&P's guidelines.
08-08-2011 10:35 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

Sum.. I'm not pointing out only one side. I've said in a previous thread the Dems got dominated in this debate, and got nothing accomplished.

But to come out bitching about Obama when the other side threatened to put the country in default (how can you support this?), and did nothing to help the situation, I'm just not buying it. The GOP didn't get the job done either.
08-08-2011 10:36 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
President will speak at 1 p.m.
08-08-2011 10:36 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(08-08-2011 10:17 AM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  

Let's see if you can follow the chain of events:

1. S&P threatened to downgrade unless the U.S. cut $4T or so from the debt.
2. The Tea Party tried to cut that amount (or more)
3. The establishment portions from both parties passed a bill (with very little support from the TP caucus) with only a small debt reduction, mostly coming from gimmick accounting
4. Obama signed it
5. S&P followed through with their threat

Now tell me again, how exactly do you pin all the blame on the GOP?
They did?
08-08-2011 10:39 AM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

BLAZER

THEY HAD 4 TRILLION in cuts. It was a done deal til the "Tea Party" wouldn't take the "balanced approach" ie. TAX INCREASES. Corker said it. McConnel said it. They had the 4 trillion in cuts, but one side would stomach the tax increases. Which 70% of our country agrees with. Cut and Tax.
08-08-2011 10:39 AM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Raise taxes on the rich sounds great doesn't it. Great way to stir up the masses and generate some class envy. Unless of course you realize that it wouldn't be enough.
http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/39534

Spending is the problem. Believing that government is there to take care of you and provide your living is the problem. The belief that reducing the amount of increase equals a cut is the problem.
08-08-2011 10:41 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(08-08-2011 10:32 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Who again, are tagged with threatening to default? Who was it who made this crisis? Who was it that hasn't passed a budget since 4/2009. Who had no plan on the table. Who had control of the House, Senate, WH? You cannot just freeze this moment, saying the Tea Party threatening to default, when clearly they were the only one's showing any sanity about the f'uckiing out of control spending. Get it.
Tea baggers.
08-08-2011 10:41 AM
Machiavelli Offline

I think this spin room is a perfect example of why S&P downgraded our future. You can't lead the unleadable. When a significant chunk of our govt. is in the hands of people who want to kill it. Severely weaken it. I would downgrade it too. We shall see if people in 6 years think it was a GREAT idea to dick with our credit rating to score political points. That's all that debate was about. SCORING POLITICAL POINTS.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 10:44 AM by Machiavelli.)
08-08-2011 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.