Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Power Ranking By Relevance - All FBS Teams
Bookmark and Share
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Power Ranking By Relevance - All FBS Teams
OK, it is from the Bleacher Report03-melodramatic

When you look back at a college football program's history, you begin to realize that time has been kind to some programs, while others have never been able to reach an elite level.

As we look at all 120 FBS programs and help determine the historical relevance of each team, you have to look at their history, national championships won, Heisman Trophy winners, All-Americans, coaching legacies, television appearances (current and past), fanbase and stadium.

How does your team program stack up against the nation?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/74805...-relevance
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 09:21 AM by MG61.)
07-08-2011 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
RE: Power Ranking By Relevance - All FBS Teams
Bleacher Report = 01-scout
07-08-2011 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU
stupid slide shows... 122 pages I don't think so!

But, I do like who is at #119 though!
05-stirthepot
07-08-2011 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
Quote:Arkansas State joined the FBS in 2006 and has not had a lot of time to grow, but since joining, it has not gone well.

In five seasons, the most wins the Red Wolves have is six.

We joined just after our bowl season. 01-wingedeagle
07-08-2011 09:41 AM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
What a ridiculous ranking. North Texas is more relevant than Troy? Why do I bother with that site?!
07-08-2011 10:50 AM
MagNTX Offline
2nd String

I Root For: North Texas
(07-08-2011 10:50 AM)BMarkey Wrote:  What a ridiculous ranking. North Texas is more relevant than Troy? Why do I bother with that site?!
Right now? No. Historically, I'd say so.
07-08-2011 12:42 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

(07-08-2011 10:50 AM)BMarkey Wrote:  What a ridiculous ranking. North Texas is more relevant than Troy? Why do I bother with that site?!

Yes, it's a Bleacher Report

History maybe more relevant because:

1. Troy has 7 total wins in your history vs current BCS (AQ) teams.

2. Troy has never been ranked (Major College, 1A, FBS, etc)

3. 1977 North Texas finished the season ranked #16 in the Coaches (UPI) Poll.

4. UNT has 32 total wins vs current BCS (AQ) teams including these historical (all-time) head-to-head records
9-7 vs Cincy
10-7 vs Louisville
4-4 vs Texas Tech
1-1 vs Oregon State
1-0 vs Florida
1-0 vs Tennessee

It's just an off-season article.05-nono
07-08-2011 02:03 PM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(07-08-2011 02:03 PM)MG61 Wrote:  

Yes, it's a Bleacher Report

History maybe more relevant because:

1. Troy has 7 total wins in your history vs current BCS (AQ) teams.

2. Troy has never been ranked (Major College, 1A, FBS, etc)

3. 1977 North Texas finished the season ranked #16 in the Coaches (UPI) Poll.

4. UNT has 32 total wins vs current BCS (AQ) teams including these historical (all-time) head-to-head records
9-7 vs Cincy
10-7 vs Louisville
4-4 vs Texas Tech
1-1 vs Oregon State
1-0 vs Florida
1-0 vs Tennessee

It's just an off-season article.05-nono

And there is the rub!! Facts. Not a slam against Troy as you are the clear front runner right now in the SBC but little history in FBS. The bleacher report's problem is "oh, # of straight conference titles and Mean Joe Green" which makes them look like idiots when they put North Texas above Troy. Of course, the bleacher report doesn't need much help in looking like idiots. Besides, did anyone expect a bunch of teams from the SBC, MAC, WAC to be very high and did anyone really doubt Bama would be #1?
07-08-2011 03:10 PM
Hilltopper2248 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
What the...bleacher report still says WKU is the worst team in the nation?! I know we aren't GREAT by any means yet, but I think we improved enough last season to pull us away from that position. Mooooorons. lol
07-08-2011 05:03 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

The Bleacher Report has bad writers, that write bad articles with wrong information. We all know that. I think most of us will agree there are some teams ranked lower that should be higher, and some that should be ranked lower. Having said that, I don't understand why some fans have a problem with North Texas ranking higher then Troy. Other posters have stated several reasons why North Texas is deserving of a higher rank then Troy. I'd just like to add the fact that Troy played mostly high school teams during the early years of its history.
07-08-2011 05:04 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(07-08-2011 05:03 PM)Hilltopper2248 Wrote:  What the...bleacher report still says WKU is the worst team in the nation?! I know we aren't GREAT by any means yet, but I think we improved enough last season to pull us away from that position. Mooooorons. lol
The statement "Things are not looking up for the program" discredits anything they say about WKU football. Simple enough. 01-wingedeagle
07-08-2011 07:47 PM
Advertisement

BMarkey Offline
1st String

The article is about relevance right now. What other relevance would matter?

Troy was ranked at least one time. Troy has led the conference in football facilities, has more bowl appearances (and, I believe, wins) wins in recent years than any other member.

Troy is consistently ranked the highest of any conference team.

While North Texas had a No. 17 ranking more than 30 years ago, Troy was winning national championships in NAIA and DII and going to the I-AA playoffs. Troy was beating teams like Arkansas State and Cincinnati while it was either in DII or I-AA.

Troy has put more players into significant pro roles than any other 'Belt team in this century.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 08:22 PM by BMarkey.)
07-08-2011 08:21 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(07-08-2011 08:21 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  The article is about relevance right now. What other relevance would matter?

Troy was ranked at least one time. Troy has led the conference in football facilities, has more bowl appearances (and, I believe, wins) wins in recent years than any other member.

Troy is consistently ranked the highest of any conference team.

While North Texas had a No. 17 ranking more than 30 years ago, Troy was winning national championships in NAIA and DII and going to the I-AA playoffs. Troy was beating teams like Arkansas State and Cincinnati while it was either in DII or I-AA.

Troy has put more players into significant pro roles than any other 'Belt team in this century.

"When you look back at a college football program's history",

This is about FBS or equivalent history and not NAIA or DII.05-mafia
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 08:38 PM by MG61.)
07-08-2011 08:25 PM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

If it is about a program's history, it should be about the entire history.
07-08-2011 08:47 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(07-08-2011 08:47 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  If it is about a program's history, it should be about the entire history.

We can't help it if Troy doesn't have a lengthy FBS or equivalent history.Why don't you do a write up that suits the way you think it should be ?05-stirthepot
07-08-2011 08:51 PM
MagNTX Offline
2nd String

Did anyone else notice where Texas Tech is? That's what's crazy to me.

North Texas being ranked an entire 7 spots (75) higher than Troy (82) is more of a statement about the teams in the SBC rather than Troy. It seems it has never occurred to Troy fans that someone from their own conference could have more of a history than them.
07-08-2011 09:15 PM
Advertisement

BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Guys...it's a BLEACHER REPORT...Who cares where he has either team ranked? A five year old could do the ranking as well as this guy. Relevance? He means relevance in his mind. I highly doubt that it's anywhere close to accurate. You could pick almost any team from the conference and make a case for why they are more relavent.
07-09-2011 06:06 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
Troy's short period of of FBS membership and it's small campus/fanbase are the most impressive aspects of our Sun Belt dominance. every one of your schools is larger than Troy University and most of your programs have been playing FBS football for much longer. Still, we own this Conference.

I'm not going to argue about BR's bs article here because that's all it is, bs...but I AM going to point out that Troy is the Mighty Mouse of FBS with the way we dominate this league and do so with much less than most.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2011 09:19 AM by Burn the Horse.)
07-09-2011 09:15 AM
MagNTX Offline
2nd String

(07-09-2011 09:15 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Troy's short period of of FBS membership and it's small campus/fanbase are the most impressive aspects of our Sun Belt dominance. every one of your schools is larger than Troy University and most of your programs have been playing FBS football for much longer. Still, we own this Conference.

I'm not going to argue about BR's bs article here because that's all it is, bs...but I AM going to point out that Troy is the Mighty Mouse of FBS with the way we dominate this league and do so with much less than most.
Congratulations on dominating the belt. There was another team that did it before you.
07-09-2011 09:26 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

(07-09-2011 09:15 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Troy's short period of of FBS membership and it's small campus/fanbase are the most impressive aspects of our Sun Belt dominance. every one of your schools is larger than Troy University and most of your programs have been playing FBS football for much longer. Still, we own this Conference.

Congrats on what Troy has done in the Belt, but that's another story. This ranking was about TOTAL FBS or equivalent history. Agree or disagree it was written and is the writers opinion....... NEXT..........
07-09-2011 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.