More over intolerance
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
More over intolerance
Almost violent

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/06/...r-concert/

CRH, since ridding intolerance is a passion of yours, I hope you will be active in doing something about this.
06-29-2011 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
RE: More over intolerance
http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=501904

What DU is saying and, of course, some of our local goons weight in.
06-29-2011 08:13 AM
DrTorch Offline

Thanks Paul. Hadn't had the time to check out that thread.
06-29-2011 08:18 AM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I have a problem with ANYONE attacking a family. If you want to talk to Mr. Beck, do so in a coherent and respectful manner. Don't do it around the kids or his wife. They are not involved. Moreover, they shouldn't BE involved. I think Mr. Beck probably expected something to happen, however. Probably hoped it wouldn't, but you can't tell me he wouldn't have expected it. He even admitted as much, "All I wanted was to be around AMERICANS, NOT LIKE MINDED AMERICANS...."

Mr. Beck, while a public figure, deserves to be able to do the things he'd rather see me not able to do in peace. You know, get married. Have kids, take them to a movie in Bryant Park. 03-wink
06-29-2011 08:20 AM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
See Torch, Some of use CAN actually ANSWER a question. Try again, spin-master.
06-29-2011 08:26 AM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
I may have missed some advancements in modern medical science but, "have kids"? 05-stirthepot
06-29-2011 08:27 AM
DrTorch Offline

(06-29-2011 08:26 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  See Torch, Some of use CAN actually ANSWER a question. Try again, spin-master.

I asked what you would "do" about it. But thanks for answering in English this time.
06-29-2011 08:37 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I don't see CRH as the type that would do something like this. He's not the militant type. Some on here, however, they'd be right in the mix.
06-29-2011 08:43 AM
Quote this message in a reply
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
What would I DO? I'd have told the people to shut up, because I'm trying to watch a movie in peace and quiet. and I'd have planted my blanket next to Mr. Beck's so his kids wouldn't have to deal with the same hatred he espouses towards other people. Why? Because kids shouldn't have to reap what their parents have sewn.
06-29-2011 08:44 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(06-29-2011 08:44 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  What would I DO? I'd have told the people to shut up, because I'm trying to watch a movie in peace and quiet. and I'd have planted my blanket next to Mr. Beck's so his kids wouldn't have to deal with the same hatred he espouses towards other people. Why? Because kids shouldn't have to reap what their parents have sewn.

I don't listen to Beck a lot, but I catch him from time to time, and while I agree with some things he says and disagree with others, there's nothing I've seen or heard in my exposure to him that I would classify as espousing hatred toward anyone. I find it curious that you use that particular descriptor. Could you elaborate?
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 03:43 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
06-29-2011 03:32 PM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
His views on Muslims, gays, "liberals." All of whom he attacks or has attacked at somepoint. I really believe his wife and daughter shouldn't have to deal with people leering and gawking because of him. So, I'd be right beside him. Not to defend him, but to defend the two innocent people he brought with him. It's the only compassionate, Christian thing to do.
06-29-2011 03:58 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-29-2011 03:32 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(06-29-2011 08:44 AM)CountryRedHawk Wrote:  What would I DO? I'd have told the people to shut up, because I'm trying to watch a movie in peace and quiet. and I'd have planted my blanket next to Mr. Beck's so his kids wouldn't have to deal with the same hatred he espouses towards other people. Why? Because kids shouldn't have to reap what their parents have sewn.

I don't listen to Beck a lot, but I catch him from time to time, and while I agree with some things he says and disagree with others, there's nothing I've seen or heard in my exposure to him that I would classify as espousing hatred toward anyone. I find it curious that you use that particular descriptor. Could you elaborate?

Neither have I. He is as close to Libertarian as the main stream media has going(except Stossel). I think CRH may be misinterpreting some things Beck may have expounded upon. I have never heard him do anything but stick up for rights of the individual. That should speak volumes to CRH.
06-29-2011 04:36 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(06-29-2011 04:36 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(06-29-2011 03:32 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
Neither have I. He is as close to Libertarian as the main stream media has going(except Stossel). I think CRH may be misinterpreting some things Beck may have expounded upon. I have never heard him do anything but stick up for rights of the individual. That should speak volumes to CRH.

I really don't understand why far more alternative lifestyle people aren't libertarian. It seems to me to be the best fit for them, by far. I can see that some would not support libertarianism because a libertarian government probably wouldn't spend much public money for AIDS research and treatment. But it's hard for me to fathom why more of them don't believe that the libertarian approach to individual rights is more likely than any other to give them the freedom to pursue the lifestyle they prefer.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 04:45 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
06-29-2011 04:45 PM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
The admittedly few times I've caught Beck, I saw or heard nothing that sounded like hatred. Maybe I've missed it but I sorta, kind of doubt it.

You've got to remember that when the left cries out about "hateful rhetoric" it is often liberal code for "they are saying things that we disagree with." Sometimes they are correctly calling out somebody but many times it is simply policy differences. The "hateful rhetoric" of the right is certainly no match for that of the left, which often calls for violence or somebody's death.

Hate monger is not a good description, at least to me of Beck. Divisive? Yep. Controversial? Yep. Hater? No - that would be the fools and thugs that harass people (and their families at a public event) all because of their political views.

While Beck wanted to be a media celebrity and wanted the attention, perhaps he didn't think through what that status and what living in the biggest leftist city in America would mean for his family, especially given his views. But I'd be surprised if this is the first time that it has happened to him and the family.

I'm not saying that what happened was his fault, as I've seen others do. The fault lies with the classless morons that harass people and their families at a public event because they have said things that the thugs didn't like. These goons cheer each other for their classless behavior. Living in the liberal bubble of NYC, they probably don't know anybody who thinks differently than themselves. They get "atta-boys!" from like minded libs and see nothing wrong with this behavior. It's a growing problem.
06-29-2011 04:48 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Beck is like Discover the Networks on steroids. His staff does a lot of research for him. Actually aside from a rare display of emotion, most his stuff is fact based. He tries to get the audience involved by inviting people to check it out on their own.

I think his time at Fox has been good. He took on "spooky dude", exposing him for the evil person he is, and it looks like Beck lost that battle. But hey, he may go on to bigger and better things.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 04:55 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
06-29-2011 04:55 PM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq2kLf1NXt8

Nope, not the same thing. And I don't have a problem with polyamory or polygamy. I tend to lean towards monogamy. I want my one person.

Wasn't it Glenn Beck who confronted Keith Ellison before he'd even taken office?
06-29-2011 05:08 PM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Did you all miss the fact that I'd be right beside him defending his family? :)
06-29-2011 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.