Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Border Agent Shooter: Appropriate Response?
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Border Agent Shooter: Appropriate Response?
Dude picks up rocks and nail-studded wood and starts throwing fast balls at border patrol agents and receives a lethal response. So my answer to the subject question is yes.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/22/califor....shooting/

Once in a while this type of situation comes up, not just at the border. And I get a kick out of those criminal-defenders who refuse to believe you could get injured (or worse) by having someone stand around whipping rocks at your melon. There's this sort of sugar-coated view of "Ah, it's only innocent, widdle rock-throwin'!" attitude among those who often support the 'plight' of criminals. Furthermore, while I believe I have a relatively relaxed, open-minded view toward immigration, the Mexican government constantly getting on its high horse and preaching to us about our response to their citizens' violent behavior gets tiresome.

And before anyone sees the opportunity to trot out the race card... If an American punk drunk in Cancun was whipping rocks at a Mexican officer's head at close range, the cop also has a right to fire upon the assaulter.
06-23-2011 09:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Border Agent Shooter: Appropriate Response?
Hell yeah it was an appropriate response.
06-23-2011 09:14 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(06-23-2011 09:03 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Dude picks up rocks and nail-studded wood and starts throwing fast balls at border patrol agents and receives a lethal response. So my answer to the subject question is yes.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/22/califor....shooting/

Once in a while this type of situation comes up, not just at the border. And I get a kick out of those criminal-defenders who refuse to believe you could get injured (or worse) by having someone stand around whipping rocks at your melon. There's this sort of sugar-coated view of "Ah, it's only innocent, widdle rock-throwin'!" attitude among those who often support the 'plight' of criminals. Furthermore, while I believe I have a relatively relaxed, open-minded view toward immigration, the Mexican government constantly getting on its high horse and preaching to us about our response to their citizens' violent behavior gets tiresome.

And before anyone sees the opportunity to trot out the race card... If an American punk drunk in Cancun was whipping rocks at a Mexican officer's head at close range, the cop also has a right to fire upon the assaulter.

The Mexican economy is utterly dependent on illegal immigration to the US and they have far more draconian immigration laws that we do, just ask people form Honduras.

As to the rock throwing you are spot on, in parts of the world hurling rock at, and onto people is a form of execution.

Disclaimer: I have a brother who is a border patrol agent so I am a little sensitive to people who say they should suffer physical threats while they are apprehending someone for an illegal activity,.
06-23-2011 09:18 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Don't throw rocks at people with guns.
06-23-2011 09:21 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(06-23-2011 09:21 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Don't throw rocks at people with guns.

Here endeth the lesson:

[Image: untouchables_288x216.jpg]
06-23-2011 09:27 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
No brainer. These are not the type of people you want producing offspring anyway.
06-23-2011 10:55 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
What kind of idiot brings a rock to a gun fight?
06-23-2011 02:50 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I think that these situations should be looked at just like a person with a CCP. You use deadly force if you believe your life is in danger and you shoot to kill. Never leave the assailant alive to challenge you in court. Rock throwing?...Maybe..Maybe not.. I was not there..so..I defer to these officers opinion that their lives were in danger.
06-24-2011 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.