Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obsessed with the WAC/Tech?
Bookmark and Share
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
Obsessed with the WAC/Tech?
On the first page of this board are 5 threads (shown below) started by MG61 related to the WAC or Tech. This is the SUN BELT board! Let's focus on our conference!

It's slow so - Thread from the WAC board

How's This For Arrogance ?

WAC members continue to complain about expansion

Pre Snap read - Survival = WACs Leading Goal

El Paso Times - Not Flattering WAC Article
06-22-2011 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
RE: Obsessed with the WAC/Tech?
Being that we are now vying with them to NOT be the last place confrence anymore I dont mind a certain amount of WAC info here.

Certainly Benson has tried to poach the Wester Sun Belt schools, so it is in our best interest to keep an eye on them and thier moves.

Plus its offseason, what the hell else are supposed to talk about other then confrence changes and other assorted 01-rivals
06-22-2011 09:13 AM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(06-22-2011 09:13 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Being that we are now vying with them to NOT be the last place confrence anymore I dont mind a certain amount of WAC info here.

Certainly Benson has tried to poach the Wester Sun Belt schools, so it is in our best interest to keep an eye on them and thier moves.

Plus its offseason, what the hell else are supposed to talk about other then confrence changes and other assorted 01-rivals

That . . 04-cheers
06-22-2011 09:25 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

Well you two can have at it. I'm tired of hearing about the WAC and Tech... and I don't think we need so many threads about them.
06-22-2011 09:49 AM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(06-22-2011 09:49 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Well you two can have at it. I'm tired of hearing about the WAC and Tech... and I don't think we need so many threads about them.

How about fewer threads by Jag folks about about 1AA teams and schools starting football ?

If you don't like a thread, just don't open it.

The WAC has consistantly tried to poach several Belt teams and their status does affects the conference.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011 09:54 AM by MG61.)
06-22-2011 09:51 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(06-22-2011 09:49 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Well you two can have at it. I'm tired of hearing about the WAC and Tech... and I don't think we need so many threads about them.

Not being a smartarse, but why don't you start more threads for the kind of discussions you'd like to see.
06-22-2011 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
I'm sick of talkin about Tech and Wac, and I am an alum. I come over here to see what you guys will look like next season and what your possible bowls would look like. Not to chest beat or one up anybody. There are gonna be some good games in the SBC next year. I'm curious to see who would step up this season.
06-22-2011 11:04 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
(06-22-2011 11:04 AM)pilot172000 Wrote:  I'm sick of talkin about Tech and Wac, and I am an alum. I come over here to see what you guys will look like next season and what your possible bowls would look like. Not to chest beat or one up anybody. There are gonna be some good games in the SBC next year. I'm curious to see who would step up this season.

if you graduated from Tech then why do you have LSU in your "I Root For" section? Do you have divided loyalties? this isn't meant as an insult, just an observation.
06-22-2011 11:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pilot172000 Offline
All American

(06-22-2011 11:10 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  
(06-22-2011 11:04 AM)pilot172000 Wrote:  I'm sick of talkin about Tech and Wac, and I am an alum. I come over here to see what you guys will look like next season and what your possible bowls would look like. Not to chest beat or one up anybody. There are gonna be some good games in the SBC next year. I'm curious to see who would step up this season.

if you graduated from Tech then why do you have LSU in your "I Root For" section? Do you have divided loyalties? this isn't meant as an insult, just an observation.

I was born and raised in Baton Rouge. Both my parents graduated from LSU. We had season tickets when I was in highschool. I don't wear LSU clothing or anything but I do root for them on tv. My heart is with Tech and that's why I have season tickets.
06-22-2011 11:14 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

my parents are both Auburn graduates. I grew up going to every home game because we had season tickets every year. When I chose Troy I gave up all orange and blue.

Now, I pull for the Tigers ONLY when they play Alabama...because my mother would kill me if I didn't. 03-lmfao
06-22-2011 11:19 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

You should see garage sales at my house. My family gives me LSU gear every year and it never leaves the box. I guess I put LSU on there so a lot of SBC members won't automatically assume I'm an ******* because I root for Tech. I would be the first to wear red and blue in tiger stadium, and ***** about the BCS. I'm no fan of one school dominating all others in this state.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011 12:46 PM by pilot172000.)
06-22-2011 12:13 PM
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

it seems like everyone in the state of Louisiana is obsessed with LSU. it's crazy too because LSU is widely known as the most classless, arrogant, drunk, and moronic of all fanbases. I remember when we played them last time, they had fans throwing full drinks (w/alcohol) in to our band's section. I mean c'mon man, those kids are there to support their team just like you.

I just really don't like LSU, I've never had a good experience with any of their fans.
06-22-2011 12:19 PM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(06-22-2011 12:19 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  it seems like everyone in the state of Louisiana is obsessed with LSU. it's crazy too because LSU is widely known as the most classless, arrogant, drunk, and moronic of all fanbases. I remember when we played them last time, they had fans throwing full drinks (w/alcohol) in to our band's section. I mean c'mon man, those kids are there to support their team just like you.

I just really don't like LSU, I've never had a good experience with any of their fans.

I live in Colorado but when I tell people I am from Louisiana they automatically assume I am for LSU. The look of shock on their faces when I tell them I despise LSU is always good. Can't stand how so many people in that state jump on that bandwagon and cheer for them.

Now I can understand someone like Pilot who was born in Baton Rouge and has a family connection. As long as he cheers for his alma mater in all things then I have no issue. Now if he was attending classes at Tech wearing a LSU shirt...... 05-nono
06-22-2011 12:33 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

It kills me that every school in Louisiana has at least a dozen millionaires who donate to LSU and have season tickets, but wouldn't donate a dollar to the school that gave them everything. I make it a point to stick out like a sore thumb when I go anywhere in casual clothing. People will know I went to Tech and not to walmart.
06-22-2011 12:39 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

(06-22-2011 09:51 AM)MG61 Wrote:  

How about fewer threads by Jag folks about about 1AA teams and schools starting football ?

Ha, that's not all Jag fans posting that. I don't like FloridaJag's new football school posts either.

I like to clear all the threads to unbold the thread title so I know what I have read and what I haven't read.

The WAC has consistantly tried to poach several Belt teams and their status does affects the conference.

And now we are better than them and they will be in our rear-view mirror! Let's celebrate our great conference!!
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011 01:27 PM by SkullyMaroo.)
06-22-2011 01:25 PM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF

Wow MG, I thought we had made up. Why are you being mean to Skully? He is just excited about SBC football and does not like all the negative talk about new programs and IAA schools not be worthy. It makes us think that you don't love the USA Jaguars. Say it isn't so.

Now, I have to find out second hand that you are still sore over that intellectual ass whupin I put on you. It seems you have away of ingratiating yourself to everyone from the WAC to SBC. I am thinking you do have an inferiority complex about your school. I don't know why, UNT is a great school, and I know first hand that your fellow alumni are cool, I mean really cool.

It appears that "you" are really worried about UNT's status in the football hierarchy within Texas and the SBC. That is okay, it will be okay. Okay?

What is apparent to me from reading your post about the WAC is that UNT and Texas State definatively have a history and nice rivalry already. You and UNT, should use the hate/hate relationship for the betterment of both your programs. Take the money and run, run, run.

Other than that, take pride in your new stadium, make sure your butt is in the place on game days, and cheer for your team whether winning or losing; and know that Jaguars from Florida to Georgia to Texas will smack talk UNT fans everywhere including in your own house.

Let's face facts, we (SBC) are not that far from being IAA, so it is hypocritical to discuss other schools in a negative manner just because you did not attend that particular institution. If you do not think that Ga State, Georgia Southern, App State and UNCC are not worthy, then encourage your AD to place them on the schedule and prove it. If UNT wins, well its a win. But if you loose, except it, swallow the crap your spewing and get ready for the next ass whupin.

So, I will keep posting information that I think is of interest about schools in the Sun Belt footprint. And I will keep reading your post about how whack the WAC is at the moment.

Go Mean Green! Go Jags! Go Sun Belt (with or without La Tech) 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011 01:39 PM by FloridaJag.)
06-22-2011 01:32 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(06-22-2011 01:32 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  

Wow MG, I thought we had made up. Why are you being mean to Skully? He is just excited about SBC football and does not like all the negative talk about new programs and IAA schools not be worthy. It makes us think that you don't love the USA Jaguars. Say it isn't so.

Now, I have to find out second hand that you are still sore over that intellectual ass whupin I put on you. It seems you have away of ingratiating yourself to everyone from the WAC to SBC. I am thinking you do have an inferiority complex about your school. I don't know why, UNT is a great school, and I know first hand that your fellow alumni are cool, I mean really cool.

It appears that "you" are really worried about UNT's status in the football hierarchy within Texas and the SBC. That is okay, it will be okay. Okay?

What is apparent to me from reading your post about the WAC is that UNT and Texas State definatively have a history and nice rivalry already. You and UNT, should use the hate/hate relationship for the betterment of both your programs. Take the money and run, run, run.

Other than that, take pride in your new stadium, make sure your butt is in the place on game days, and cheer for your team whether winning or losing; and know that Jaguars from Florida to Georgia to Texas will smack talk UNT fans everywhere including in your own house.

Let's face facts, we (SBC) are not that far from being IAA, so it is hypocritical to discuss other schools in a negative manner just because you did not attend that particular institution. If you do not think that Ga State, Georgia Southern, App State and UNCC are not worthy, then encourage your AD to place them on the schedule and prove it. If UNT wins, well its a win. But if you loose, except it, swallow the crap your spewing and get ready for the next ass whupin.

So, I will keep posting information that I think is of interest about schools in the Sun Belt footprint. And I will keep reading your post about how whack the WAC is at the moment.

Go Mean Green! Go Jags! Go Sun Belt (with or without La Tech) 04-cheers

[Image: dog_scooping_poop-410x450.jpg]
06-22-2011 03:30 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(06-22-2011 09:05 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  On the first page of this board are 5 threads (shown below) started by MG61 related to the WAC or Tech. This is the SUN BELT board! Let's focus on our conference!

It's slow so - Thread from the WAC board

How's This For Arrogance ?

WAC members continue to complain about expansion

Pre Snap read - Survival = WACs Leading Goal

El Paso Times - Not Flattering WAC Article

It took me a while to learn, but when I come to this board I make sure to avoid at all costs the non-SBC posters especially the WACky ones. Some of these jokers come this site to stir the pot because apparently they have no lives. Their boards must be pretty boring.
06-22-2011 04:50 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I haven't stirred the pot.
06-22-2011 06:06 PM
robdog Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: democracy
(06-22-2011 06:06 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  I haven't stirred the pot.

We Tech fans aren't a-holes... just a little passionate and prideful. What's the crime in that? Better than apathy in my opinion.
06-22-2011 06:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.